HS3 on RPI with dead web gui and system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 on RPI with dead web gui and system

The RPI boots fine, and i can ssh into the box, but HS wont start, is there some internal command i can run to perform a reinstall without loosing all my settings? or can i do a manual backup from CLI and then do a reinstall with writing the image on the SDcard? When i disconnect the power, and reconnects the power, i can see that the z-wave adapter lights up and, so it seems ok. And sometimes when i power-cycle the HS3 RPI i can push a button on a controller, and 1 -one- command gets accepted, after that everything dies besides the RPI, i can still navigate via SSH etc. Any ideas on how to fix?

When i try to start HS manually from CLI i get this:

root@HomeTrollerZeeS2V3:/usr/local/HomeSeer# ./autostart_hs
    Queuing plugin Z-Wave to load...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connected, waiting to be initialized...
    Z-Wave Plugin: OS Type is Linux
    update_control_file:/updates3/hs3linuxhs3zees2.txt
    Error: Internal: The Internal interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).

It was the homeseer installation itself that got messed up i guess, i had a month old backup, and an extra raspberry pi (pi 2), i rewrote the image on a extra sdcard, and restored the month old config, when missing about 15 of my 25-30 devices i started seeing negativily on it, but i tried to transfer the contents from the non-working-box to the newly restored rpi, and rebooted, and there ALL my devices came back. So the next plan now is to make a new backup-config, and rewrite the image and get everything back to the rpi3 box.

Comment

The files i transfered using sftp was from the folder : /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data

Comment

Update:
        Obviously it was the homeseer software itself that crashed, if someone experiences the same problem, this solution _might_ work. Without too many details this is what i did. Since i still had console access to the RPI i was able to transfer some files and get things up and running. (a extra rpi might not be needed, but it was a little helpful in my situation. (The biggest problem for me was that my garage doors are purely z-wave controlled so i had NO access to my garage when it crashed)
        1. Found an old RPI2.
        2. made a new sd card with win32diskimager, moved the z-wave module over, and booted it up.
        3 imported the old backup (the more backups you have, the better, of course many devices where missing.)
        4 copied as a test the contents of "data" folder from the dead box over to the new box, and voila, everything came back.
        5 made a new backup from the "restored" rpi2
        6 used win32diskimager again to make a new sdcard for the rpi3
        7 moved the z-wave controller back, and booted it.
        8 imported the newly created config backup and rebooted.

I did not loose one single config or event setting. This is of course a huge thanks to luck and a little thanks to beeing a little technical and resolution minded.

Comment

Working...
        X