IOLinc and ISy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IOLinc and ISy

I recently added an IOLinc to my network.

I have been using it as a freezer alert ( sensor detects when temperture goes up). I don't really have the relay part hooked up because at this point in time I only want the sensor information to get into my Homeseer system to trigger some event. My question is using the Isy plugin and HS3

1) The sensor correctly changes the device in HS3 to "on" or "off" , but it doesn't seem to show up in the HS3 log. It does show up in ISY log as

Freezer Alarm Sensor Status 0% Thu 2015/07/02 09:37:51 AM System Log

Freezer Alarm Sensor Status 100% Thu 2015/07/02 10:38:51 AM System Log

If I would like to track all the "on" and "off" changes in HS3 how would I go about doing that? and why is the sensor status not logged in HS3?
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
    I recently added an IOLinc to my network.

I have been using it as a freezer alert ( sensor detects when temperture goes up). I don't really have the relay part hooked up because at this point in time I only want the sensor information to get into my Homeseer system to trigger some event. My question is using the Isy plugin and HS3

1) The sensor correctly changes the device in HS3 to "on" or "off" , but it doesn't seem to show up in the HS3 log. It does show up in ISY log as

Freezer Alarm Sensor Status 0% Thu 2015/07/02 09:37:51 AM System Log

Freezer Alarm Sensor Status 100% Thu 2015/07/02 10:38:51 AM System Log

If I would like to track all the "on" and "off" changes in HS3 how would I go about doing that? and why is the sensor status not logged in HS3?
    The plug-in has various log levels that will show progressively more info. I think setting it to "status" will provide what you're looking for. However, it will do this for all plug-in managed devices. There isn't any way to specify a different level of logging per device.

You'll find the configuration under the PLUG-INS->ISYInsteon->ISYInsteon Plugin Configuration menu. Go to the "Tracing / Debugging" tab. It will look like the attached image.

Make sure logging is enabled.
    Set the level to: Status
    Set the style to: HomeSeer Log

If you don't want the plug-in messages in the HomeSeer log, you could set the style to "Built-in". This will add a new menu item under PLUG-INS->ISYInsteon for the log.

Make sure you save the configuration using the "Save Log/Debugging Configuration" button.

Let me know if this isn't what you had in mind.
    Attached Files
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks

That is exactly what I was looking for
      jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
      X