iPhone as speaker client, no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone as speaker client, no sound

I am pretty new with HomeSeer and HomeTroller SEL. Have just started to play with the speaker client too. But with absolutely no luck.

I intended to use my iPhone as a speaker client, but there is no sound. Until now I did the following:

1. SSH'ed the Hometroller to see if FLITE is running, it was not
    2. installed FLITE
    3. set access rights for play_audio.sh and speak.sh (added execute)
    4. setup a test event to let it SPEAK a few words

It wonders me that I do see my iPhone in the list of speaker clients, but it shows the iP address of the HomeTroller, not the address of the client.

Any good ideas?

Hi again

Nobody has any suggestions how to get the speaker client working?

Comment

No, hopefully someone will, I would love this functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
        I am pretty new with HomeSeer and HomeTroller SEL. Have just started to play with the speaker client too. But with absolutely no luck.

I intended to use my iPhone as a speaker client, but there is no sound. Until now I did the following:

1. SSH'ed the Hometroller to see if FLITE is running, it was not
        2. installed FLITE
        3. set access rights for play_audio.sh and speak.sh (added execute)
        4. setup a test event to let it SPEAK a few words

It wonders me that I do see my iPhone in the list of speaker clients, but it shows the iP address of the HomeTroller, not the address of the client.

Any good ideas?
        it is normal for the speaker clients to show the IP of the HS server. You should be able to see the client IP in the log

Jun-14 8:05:36 PM HSTouch Server Client RiPhone (192.168.2.73/60056) named RiPhone has CONNECTED.

My iPhone client will only work when the HSTouch app is loaded and open. If it is in the background or the phone is locked, it will not speak. The app disconnects when in the background or closed. I think this might be an iOS limitation.

The Android clients will stay connected as long as the App is running, even if the the device is daydreaming.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thats the problem with hstouch on iPhone , they need to fix iT , iT is possible , there are so e jailbroken apps to let iT run in the background but only for iOS 8...

Sended from far far away
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Fix is posted here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182940
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rick.
              Having the app in the foreground, the iPhone not in "silent mode" and installing the flite on the Hometroller-sel solved the issue partly.
              Is there a fix or work around which will let speak messages come through if the iPhone is having a nap?

Comment

iPhone has limited multitasking so HSTouch is not running when its put in the background. The Android app does run in the background.

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
                Thanks Rick.
                Having the app in the foreground, the iPhone not in "silent mode" and installing the flite on the Hometroller-sel solved the issue partly.
                Is there a fix or work around which will let speak messages come through if the iPhone is having a nap?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  iPhone has limited multitasking so HSTouch is not running when its put in the background. The Android app does run in the background.
                  Perhaps you could send a push notification to the iPhone. That is supposed to happen no matter what on state it is in. I know for example the pushover app will play the sound specified in the homeseer pushover plugin as part of the push notification, perhaps it is possible to use this mechanism to play speech?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
                  X