Does Lutron Caseta work well with HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
    So I just found out from Wink directly that you can't use Caseta with Wink and the Hub, it's one or the other. So just wasted a crap ton of money on these. Not sure why I didn't look into that more, I just assumed it was like the Hue, that Wink and HS3 connect to the Hue bridge and control the lights, so assumed this was the same.

With your plugin when you use the Pico remote to control Z-Wave devices, does it just trigger based on Pico ON or OFF? Or can I assign other events to the favourite button in the centre, or to brightness up and down etc? Would be nice if I can program it so the centre favourite button turns on the patio lights, where ON/OFF turns on the dining room etc.
    I'm sorry that you can't do it, but yes you can trigger what you want with it, when you enroll Pico just don't assign any device to it, then you can use it for what ever you want.

The image will show you what will come with the new ver. all the Pico and the Value in the HS3 for each button. You can change the name but not the value in the Status Graphics of the device.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      Justin,

I find that Pico PJ2-4B-LA-L31P Scene don't use the same sequence for the telnet, I'll add that on the weekend.

Don
      Thanks for that. Do you have any documentation that could help me visualize what the interface via your plug-in looks like? I am very much a newbie to Homeseer, but have significant experience with UD-ISY-994 Pro and Insteon.

Justin in Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by JustinCM View Post
        Thanks for that. Do you have any documentation that could help me visualize what the interface via your plug-in looks like? I am very much a newbie to Homeseer, but have significant experience with UD-ISY-994 Pro and Insteon.

Justin in Dallas
        please be more specific,you have a 30 days tried, what do you need

Comment

Don

I have been using your plugin for some time and really do like it. I have been able to use a 4 button Pico as a scene controller. I added a 2 button (on/off) to the Lutron Pro. I did not associate it with any device. I have added it to Homesser 3. Is there any way to use it to control scenes. I have been playing around with it with no success. I would like to wall mount it to control some Cooper light switches from another location.

Comment

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
            Don

I have been using your plugin for some time and really do like it. I have been able to use a 4 button Pico as a scene controller. I added a 2 button (on/off) to the Lutron Pro. I did not associate it with any device. I have added it to Homesser 3. Is there any way to use it to control scenes. I have been playing around with it with no success. I would like to wall mount it to control some Cooper light switches from another location.
            You need to use the Events to do this, chose the Button you want then chose the smartbridge and you will see a drop list. (you can change the name in the graphics configuration of the smartbridge.

Tell me if this answer your question.
            Attached Files

Comment

So I am a bit confused . The attachment pico bathroom was my first attempt. This is how I set up the 4 button pico. When I try to follow what you are showing I'm not sure where to go next. That attachment is Pico 2

Attached Files

Comment

If you look at your integration report in the app of your phone you will see "ID" :1,
                then Buttons list starting with number 1, those are all your scene with the name you gives them. After go in the config of the device smartbridge (the device that tell you if it is connecte) in the Status Graphics change the name of the corresponding number
                Attached Files

Comment

When I try to create a scene from the Lutron app it will only create a scene to control a Lutron Caseta product. I am wanting to control Cooper light switches.

Comment

You don't create any scene from the Lutron app, the only thing you use the Lutron app for is to add your devices and Pico remotes. Then you use integration report to list your devices and button numbers like shown above. You then write an event in HS3 to control what you want, like "IF Pico button ON is pressed, then set Z-Wave switch to ON." and another event "IF Pico button OFF is pressed, then set Z-Wave switch to OFF."

Comment

Working...
                    X