X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are the best! worked perfectly!

Comment

Sorting inside the Device manager

I would like to request the ability to chose how I want to sort the devices within the Manage Devices plug-in.

while the devices are displayed by name, I would like to sort by address , or by dated added to the system.

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
        I would like to request the ability to chose how I want to sort the devices within the Manage Devices plug-in.

while the devices are displayed by name, I would like to sort by address , or by dated added to the system.
        I don't track when devices where added to the system, but I will add the 'sort by address' request to the list.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post

I have added this feature to the latest beta. see the following thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185693
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Relink insteon devices to homeseer database...

Hi Mark,
            Would it be possible to have an option on the "manage devices" page, to resubmit or rebuild the device in Homeseer? For example, if I delete the device in Homeseer, then go to the Insteon plugin, and find that device, and click a button to rebuild the device in Homeseer.

Here is why: (sorry the explanation is long)
            Somehow, I managed to corrupt all(most) of my Homeseer Insteon devices, (the devices that your plugin created), and even though they are still listed in Homeseer, they do not work.

For example, my "Computer Room, Main Light". It shows up in Homeseer, and has the "On" and "Off" buttons just like all the Insteon devices. However, when you click on the "On" or "Off" button, the command never gets sent to the light.

This had me going in circles for two weeks. I was completely confused as to how my "Controlinc" on my desk could turn the light on and off, but clicking on the device on or off button, would not work.

I then cleared memory on two of my computer room switches, and had the plugin reprogram them. This worked, and it even re-linked my desktop Controlinc back to the switches I just cleared. How could the plugin reprogram these switches, and then moments later, I still cannot turn the lights on and off in Homeseer!!!!

I thought it was just the switches in the computer room, but then I noticed the master bathroom stopped doing what they were supposed to do as well.

Next, I swapped Insteon PLM interface, with an old one I had replaced the caps in, and was my spare. The replacement did not fix the problem. So I assumed maybe the repaired replacement PLM was no good, and I had two PLM's that were both failing to communicate. So I ordered another PLM from Smarthome! Something I have to do every 1.5 to 2 years. The Brand new replacement also doesn't fix the problem, so it now appears I have 2 spare PLM's waiting for this new one to fail.

So in my troubleshooting, I took it a step further. I deleted the device in Homeseer, I then went to the plugin and deleted the device in the plugin. I watched as the plugin removed all the associated links for this device. Then I cleared ram on the switch, and went back to the plugin. I re-added the exact same device (name, location, and address) and set it all back up just like before, and presto! it worked. Then I had to dig through all my EVENTS, and fix all the ones that dealt with this one particular switch.

I did this two more times last night, and each time, the switch finally started working again in Homeseer. I have another 70 devices to visit, and possible delete and reinstall. If there was a way to just have the plugin re-create the device in Homeseer, without the need to delete it first, would be a huge advantage.

Thanks for reading this long explanation.

Michael

Comment

already exists, but must be performed manually

shutdown hs.

add the following to the [config] section in the insteon.ini

RecreatDevices=1

restart hs

it will rebuild missing devices.

the issue is the hs device ref number will change if the hs device no longer exists. it will not change the dev ref for existing hs devices. so you will need to fix triggers and events manually for new devices created
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                WOW, that was a fast answer!

Just to be clear, do I delete all my devices, and then reboot Homeseer with the RecreatDevices=1 option enabled?

OR

DO I just delete the ones I suspect as being a problem?

AND

If I just reboot Homeseer with the RecreatDevices=1 option and I do not delete any of my devices, Will the plugin create a duplicate device for all devices that are missing their reference number, and leave any device that still has the reference number untouched?

Michael

Comment

don't delete anything first and just make the ini file change.

if that doesn't fix the problem, then only delete the suspect devices, and retry

the plugin will not create duplicate devices under any circumstances
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Custom device names in Groups list

Programming KPLs in Groups would be a lot easier if our custom device names appeared in a column next to or in place of the defaults for "Sub Device". For example, if I assign a custom device name of "Pit Trap Door" to "Lair" Keypadlinc's "Button A", it'd be helpful to see "Pit Trap Door" under Sub Device instead of just "Button A". When you have tons of KPLs in the list it's hard to find what you're looking for and quickly assign device states in your group.
                    Attached Files

Comment

In / OUT

Hi Mark the plugin may already have this feature.. I'm going to use a repost that I used in the HS3 forum it's easier and explains what and why.. I'm reposting to you it is a Insteon switch(es) (It could be any switch If I remember correctly the X10 plugin as well as others list in or out ,received , transmitted in the log so it can be done..) that I am trying to do this with and I've asked the Boys a Homeseer to try to add this feature since version 1.x and they just don't seem to see the power it would add to the events.. even if it was hiding and one could poll the device to get the information. Sorry for the repost..

I've asked this before and I'd didn't seem to get an answer... I would be surprised if there's not a way to tell.. Is there a way to tell if a command was sent by a HS3 interface or from the outside world.. Here's the goal have a wall switch {Insteon , Z Wave ,, whatever} which is inline with the bathroom light.. Motion detectors sense when one enters it sets that wall mounted switch on,, I want to sense when that wall mounted is pressed and set a timer as an override of the motion detectors.. I know I could set a flag if the motion detectors turn the light on.. yet it would be so much simpler it if one could poll the device in HS3 or interface in HS3 and see if it was an internal command or a external command.. Last time I asked this everybody thought I was nuts.. Yet think how much easier and powerful your scripts would be if there was a "If device XX was change by Homeseer" or / and "If device XX was changed by interface.. all the standard on , off , dim whatever could be applied to make it even more powerful....

Your thoughts ??

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                        Hi Mark the plugin may already have this feature.. I'm going to use a repost that I used in the HS3 forum it's easier and explains what and why.. I'm reposting to you it is a Insteon switch(es) (It could be any switch If I remember correctly the X10 plugin as well as others list in or out ,received , transmitted in the log so it can be done..) that I am trying to do this with and I've asked the Boys a Homeseer to try to add this feature since version 1.x and they just don't seem to see the power it would add to the events.. even if it was hiding and one could poll the device to get the information. Sorry for the repost..

I've asked this before and I'd didn't seem to get an answer... I would be surprised if there's not a way to tell.. Is there a way to tell if a command was sent by a HS3 interface or from the outside world.. Here's the goal have a wall switch {Insteon , Z Wave ,, whatever} which is inline with the bathroom light.. Motion detectors sense when one enters it sets that wall mounted switch on,, I want to sense when that wall mounted is pressed and set a timer as an override of the motion detectors.. I know I could set a flag if the motion detectors turn the light on.. yet it would be so much simpler it if one could poll the device in HS3 or interface in HS3 and see if it was an internal command or a external command.. Last time I asked this everybody thought I was nuts.. Yet think how much easier and powerful your scripts would be if there was a "If device XX was change by Homeseer" or / and "If device XX was changed by interface.. all the standard on , off , dim whatever could be applied to make it even more powerful....

Your thoughts ??
                        The insteon special triggers definitely indicate that the device was changed locally.

I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish with your suggested triggers?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I want to set motion overrides is the switch is pushed locally. Can the special event triggers be used from event pull downs or are they only usable thru a script ??

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          The insteon special triggers definitely indicate that the device was changed locally.

I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish with your suggested triggers?

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                            I want to set motion overrides is the switch is pushed locally. Can the special event triggers be used from event pull downs or are they only usable thru a script ??
                            the special triggers are available in the event pull downs for triggers
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I use a double-click on the switch to over-ride the motion timeout (extend it). There is an Insteon special trigger for that called "Fast On" or "Fast Off".

Comment

RANDOMIZE DEVICES WITH IN AN EVENT

I would like the ability to set a time range and have selected devices randomly (turn on 0-100% or off ). This would be for security reasons.
                                ex)
                                set time range (between 9:00AM and 9:45AM) random devices

kitchen device on 50%.
                                living room device 1 on 75%
                                living room device 2 on 100%

The devices on sequence would be different each time that the event would run.

Comment

Working...
                                X