Z-Wave Betas is slower than the released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Betas is slower than the released

Not sure why this is. But all betas that I have tried over time is always slower than the released.

In this case all betas after the released .87 is slow. Going into a room where the motion sensor is set to trigger an lighting event is often laggy and slow on betas, where on the .87 they are instant.

Why is this? Is there something with how the beta releases are processing the z-wave network that makes this happen?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

I personally have not seen any slowdowns with the betas, and I've been running them for quite some time. I don't believe there's anything inherent in them to cause that. If you turn on debug logging on the /ZWaveConfig page, do you see any issues? What version of HS3 are you using? Perhaps a change was made that works better with the latest HS3 versions.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I personally have not seen any slowdowns with the betas, and I've been running them for quite some time. I don't believe there's anything inherent in them to cause that. If you turn on debug logging on the /ZWaveConfig page, do you see any issues? What version of HS3 are you using? Perhaps a change was made that works better with the latest HS3 versions.

Cheers
      Al
      I run the latest version of windows HS. So should not be a problem there. But still betas tends to be slow in some cases. normally when using its the same, but sometimes when trying betas, when entering a room it can take 2-5 sec before something happens. That does never happen with the regular version of ZW.
      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

This is still true for the latest beta (.102)
        Some events that triggers within a second with .87 can take up 15s with .102

Comment

Agreed here as well. Some seem to be ok on it, but something obviously has changed that isn't in release notes (are there any for zwave?).

.87 has been good to me

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            Agreed here as well. Some seem to be ok on it, but something obviously has changed that isn't in release notes (are there any for zwave?).

.87 has been good to me
            Release notes are here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175414. Everything past 87 has worked well for me an they have resolved some issues since that version, so I'm happy on the betas.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Release notes are here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175414. Everything past 87 has worked well for me an they have resolved some issues since that version, so I'm happy on the betas.

Thanks Al!

Comment

Working...
              X