Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: Setup your Amazon Echo UK to talk to HomeSeer (Workaround)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I got this error
    Your Utterance line is wrong in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
      Your Utterance line is wrong in this one.
      Thanks croccy, this time all went well. But I have a question for you. I ve having problems trying to activate this skill, will this fix my issue?

When I try to enable it and enter my user and pword and ID for the skill, it's says it time out and will be redirecting in X secs.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Can I use the HS skill,HS api,and the one I created at the same time?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Timeout redirecting in 5 seconds

Hi guys,

I've loaded all of the settings in the instructions (including the two mods to required) and get to the final screen in the developer part of the amazon site where it shows the service emulator. I enter the start command and it returns the correct reply stating that the account needs to be linked/activated.

I then go to my Alexa app on iOS and enter my log in details - along with the vender ID, it then comes straight back with the timeout error redirecting in 5 seconds .... returning me back to the login screen again (minus the option to add the vendor ID).

Is there anything I am doing wrong - or anyone can suggest to help.

Best wishes,

Jay

Comment

Hi guys ...... I have a suspicion I know what may be causing my account linking issue .....

In the setup it has a box stating:

Privacy Policy URL
            Link to the Privacy Policy for this skill. This is mandatory for account linking.

I can't see anywhere in the instructions where it provides the mandatory URL I seem to need.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Jay

Comment

In my skill definition, this is blank.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

I to am having the same problem. I have set this up before and it worked no problems but now it will not link. Any help would be great.

Greig
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Hey Greig,

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem - I thought it was the only one with the issue.

If you find anything I would be so grateful if you could let me know the fix !

Cheers,

Jay

Comment

Hi guys,

Has anyone found any fix for the timeout error redirecting in 5 seconds issue when trying to link the account ?

I've tried literally everything, including deleting the skill and starting from scratch. I've ensured that literally every entry in the skill is copied and pasted from the instructions to ensure there are no typos. I have also implemented the two fixes mentioned at the start of the thread to ensure these are causing any issues.

I'm really desperate to get it working !

Thanks ever so much for reading this,

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jayceekeys View Post
                      Hi guys,

Has anyone found any fix for the timeout error redirecting in 5 seconds issue when trying to link the account ?

I've tried literally everything, including deleting the skill and starting from scratch. I've ensured that literally every entry in the skill is copied and pasted from the instructions to ensure there are no typos. I have also implemented the two fixes mentioned at the start of the thread to ensure these are causing any issues.

I'm really desperate to get it working !

Thanks ever so much for reading this,

Jay

No I to am stuck without the Skill and Jon's script an I tested it before and really liked it but I deleted the Skill and can no longer add it again.

Greig.
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I'm wondering if a call to Amazon developer would assist?

FYI, you can now use my script in local mode (no skill required) for control if you ignore Alexa's response. You could even setup your own dev skill that does nothing so that Alexa just responds with OK.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

FYI, you can now use my script in local mode (no skill required) for control if you ignore Alexa's response. You could even setup your own dev skill that does nothing so that Alexa just responds with OK.
                          Hi Jon,

I guess other than following the instructions to the letter, I don't understand the mechanics behind how the system works, so assume that any call to the developer support at Amazon would render me with questions which would leave me clueless for answers !

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I have the bridge working but want your script to so will give local mode a go tonight if I get time.

Cheers

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              I have the bridge working but want your script to so will give local mode a go tonight if I get time.

Cheers

Greig.

Hey Greig,

Just in case you still have the account linking issue .... Jon00 has been incredible and had a look at my Amazon config for me. He's compared it with his own and suggested that there were a couple of things that I could try - and I'm happy to say that I'm up and running at long last.

The things he suggested were:

Changed the Skill name from "HomeSeer" to "Homeseer"

Also:

Added the privacy policy as:

http://www.homeseer.com/privacy-policy.html

I suspect that it is the latter that has fixed the problem.

It wasn't required in the setup instructions, but I think must now be required by Amazon.

Thanks again to Jon for bein a true star and helping me. Hopefully if anyone else has the same problem, the above will fix it for them!

Best wishes,

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jayceekeys View Post
                                Hey Greig,

Just in case you still have the account linking issue .... Jon00 has been incredible and had a look at my Amazon config for me. He's compared it with his own and suggested that there were a couple of things that I could try - and I'm happy to say that I'm up and running at long last.

The things he suggested were:

Changed the Skill name from "HomeSeer" to "Homeseer"

Also:

Added the privacy policy as:

http://www.homeseer.com/privacy-policy.html

I suspect that it is the latter that has fixed the problem.

It wasn't required in the setup instructions, but I think must now be required by Amazon.

Thanks again to Jon for bein a true star and helping me. Hopefully if anyone else has the same problem, the above will fix it for them!

Best wishes,

Jay
                                Jay,
                                Thanks I did see his post and changed my setup but still no luck. I did not spend long on it so maybe I will try again later.
                                Greig.

Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X