X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZIO8 inputs

Hi Mark !

I have this device hooked up to my HS3 system and I use it strictly for it's 4 Digital Inputs. A wired 360 ceiling motion sensor is hooked up to each inputs and triggers it when motion is detected in realtime.

My problem is that it seems to be missing lots of triggers. I know the motion sensors trigger their relay well since they have a detection notification led and I have also tested the continuity at the motion sensor.

Is there a maximum traffic load to be sent or a maximum trigger number ? Sometimes, it can be triggered up to 20 times in a minute since sensor closes it's relay when we are out of sight.

We are planning to replace the 20+ iolinc tracks we have on other installations but the sense on the iolinc currently gives us better results. The IOLinc's main problem is it's longevity, it dies after a couple months.

Any suggestions on how to improve the reliability ?

**The EZIO8SA PLM is connected to the same circuit line as our HS PLM.

Thx !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
      Hi Mark !

I have this device hooked up to my HS3 system and I use it strictly for it's 4 Digital Inputs. A wired 360 ceiling motion sensor is hooked up to each inputs and triggers it when motion is detected in realtime.

My problem is that it seems to be missing lots of triggers. I know the motion sensors trigger their relay well since they have a detection notification led and I have also tested the continuity at the motion sensor.

Is there a maximum traffic load to be sent or a maximum trigger number ? Sometimes, it can be triggered up to 20 times in a minute since sensor closes it's relay when we are out of sight.

We are planning to replace the 20+ iolinc tracks we have on other installations but the sense on the iolinc currently gives us better results. The IOLinc's main problem is it's longevity, it dies after a couple months.

Any suggestions on how to improve the reliability ?

**The EZIO8SA PLM is connected to the same circuit line as our HS PLM.

Thx !
      I don't have a lot of experience with any of the EZIO devices. Have you done any researches on the smartenit.com website?

how are you integrating this EZIO device into hs3: my plugin, or the third party one?
      Last edited by mnsandler; January 16, 2017, 07:01 PM.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi again Mark !

I've always been using your plugin for it's wider compatibility.
        We do get some triggers and status updates so I'm thinking it's mostly related to too much Insteon traffic. There can be dozens of triggers within a single minute so I was just wondering if you had an idea of how I could improve this specific module response speed.

I have grounded the analog inputs as per SimpleHomeNet's recommendations to limit useless traffic but do you recommend using the debounce option ?

Note that reliability reported by homeseer is 100% over more than 100 queries so comm quality seems to be at it's best.

thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
          Hi again Mark !

I've always been using your plugin for it's wider compatibility.
          We do get some triggers and status updates so I'm thinking it's mostly related to too much Insteon traffic. There can be dozens of triggers within a single minute so I was just wondering if you had an idea of how I could improve this specific module response speed.

I have grounded the analog inputs as per SimpleHomeNet's recommendations to limit useless traffic but do you recommend using the debounce option ?

Note that reliability reported by homeseer is 100% over more than 100 queries so comm quality seems to be at it's best.

thank you !
          I think the debounce is a good option to explorer to reduce redundant traffic.

but (1) improving the ezio's response time to the motion sensor, and (2) improving the reliability of the plugin receiving the ezio msgs are two different issues.

I can't help with the first, only the second.

try running an extension cord from the ezio plm to the same outlet as your homeseer plm and see if that makes a difference in message reliability.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Actually, the EZIO has always been connected to the same outlet as HS plm. Comm reliability in HS3 is 100% since the day it is plugged in.

I'll do some deeper tests on the EZIO input's stability and go from there.

Thx !

Comment

what about the wiring between the MS and ezio. how long and what gauge?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Simple rj45 cat5e at 60' max. They used to work fine for motion with iolincs. I was expecting an increased sensing reliability putting them all on an ezio8. The iolincs are very weak and most of them die after a couple months. :/

Comment

Working...
                X