• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to replace a CM11/Rain8 X10-2

Hello,

Since 10 years, I use MCSSprinklers Pro like plugin Homeseer 2
    I have only 3 solenoid valves driven by a rain8 X10-2 controlled by a CM11
    As this CM11 is now down, I am looking for a replacement solution at the lowest cost to continue to drive watering via HS2 / MCSSprincklers.
    What do you recommend? Can MCSSprinklers, for example, order Z-Wave relays?

Thank you

Michel Bernier

I prefer the Ethernet interface provided by EtherRain. It has reliable two way communications so its on/off status and confirmation that a command was received can be managed.

If you confidence in your internal communication network then one-way communication can be used and this implies any Homeseer device will be supported that has on/off control. The difference between a Z-wave device, for example, and the Rain8-X10 is that the Rain8-X10 has its own safety timers to assure that a valve is not left open an unreasonable length of time.

Comment

I just received the etherrain module. Now I am wondering how to simply modify the MCSSprinklers configuration to switch from my current configuration rain8 X10-2 to the etherrain configuration with minimal modification (since it keeps the same solenoid valves)

Thank you

Comment

Post \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini. I should be able to edit it for you so that it has minimal impact.

Comment

Hi,

i join my mcssprinklers.ini file

thank you for your help

Michel
          Attached Files

Comment

HS2 allocates special character house codes. In my edit I used "\", but you can further edit to a different one if you already have devices with this house code. Do this before you put the attached file on your system.

Code:
            [RAIN8UNITS]
            ETHER:1:1=\1,60,False
            ETHER:1:2=\2,60,False
            ETHER:1:3=\3,60,False
            ETHER:1:4=\4,60,False
            ETHER:1:5=\5,60,False
            ETHER:1:6=\6,60,False
            ETHER:1:7=\7,60,False
            ETHER:1:8=\8,60,False
            Your etherrain model address also needs to be setup. What I have setup is static address 192.168.0.99:99 and the factory default password. The items below relate to this setup. The etherrain setup needs to be done per the instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Code:
            ETHERDELAY=5000
            ETHERIP="192.168.0.99"
            ETHERNAME="EtherRain1"
            ETHERNAME1=""
            ETHERPASSWORD=4.31
            ETHERPOLLOPTION=1
            ETHERPORT="99"
            ETHERRAINBYIP=1
            ETHERRAINMODULES=1
            You can also do differences between what I attached and what you provided to understand how you may also make adjustments outside of the mcsSprinkers setup pages.
            Attached Files

Comment

i need your help!

i modify the mcsSprinklers.ini to adapt housecode (special caracter \ is already used, so i choose #) and etherrain IP adr and port

When i use etherrain admin software all runs good to send command to valve but nothing runs with HS2 and mcssprinklers plugin.

I thing i do some mistake but i dont find how to correct

I join my last mcsspinklers.ini and log after last start of HS2.

howr can i correct that?
              how can i test the good link to etherrain in HS2?
              how can i configure max time of use as with rain8II?

Thank you for your help

Michel
              Attached Files

Comment

I have do all the "interview", and i see its better
                So don't answer to my previeus post... i am testing how its work actually

michel

Comment

All is OK for me now!
                  The only thing that i dont know how to do it is to fix a security timeout for the valves? is it with HS2/MCS or directly with EtherRain Admin software?

Thank you for your answer

Michel

Comment

The self-monitoring needs to be setup with manufactures setup software. I don't remember what is done for the EtherRain. I know that I provided an equivalent programming capability for the Rain8 family, but that will not help you here.

Comment

Working...
                    X