www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:34 AM
Seer Master

Works great !!!!!

Thank you.

I use version 0.12, is that the latest ?

Rien du Pre
The Netherlands
Using:
Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.297 on Windows 7 US - Running in a VM on a Mac Mini
Plugin's:
A10, HStouch, RFXCOM, Plugwise, Caddx, HarmonyHub, BLPlex, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, FritzBox, JsonConfigForHomekit, Log2Text, BLLAN, PHLocation, ThinkingCleaner, IPThermostat, WeatherXML, Z-Wave
Link to the forum of my Plug-ins http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1216
Old January 12th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Seer

I know I'm missing something obvious but where exactly is the link to download the zipfile for this plug-in? Thanks!
Old January 12th, 2017, 03:58 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charvelm9 View Post
I know I'm missing something obvious but where exactly is the link to download the zipfile for this plug-in? Thanks!
I've seen your PM but in answer to your PM then this is for HS3 only, it will not work on HS2. If you still need it check the first post in the forum and it is attached there.

Quote:
Works great !!!!!

Thank you.

I use version 0.12, is that the latest ?
Yes version .12 is the latest, can't think I need to change anything else at the minute with the plugin and I will probably wait for an API change before I release another version. In more exciting news I have had confirmation that my plugins can go in the updater so watch out but I will post here if/when they do.

Quote:
Thinking of buying one of these. Anyone know if the plugin can email a picture to you on motion or press?

thanks
It can once you combine both an action from this plugin and that from the HS email - I'll see if I can record a video or something to show how to do this.
Old January 13th, 2017, 06:07 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpovolo View Post
Thinking of buying one of these. Anyone know if the plugin can email a picture to you on motion or press?

thanks
I've put a rough YouTube video together that might help with this, it's patchy quality and rough in edit but highlights what is needed. Unfortunately due to a bug with HS (if you try and attach a file to an email then it appears not to want to send one from the HS directory as it adds the HS path twice) a script needs to be run but it is simple and as per the following;

Code:
Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

hs.sendemail("addresstosendto@gmail.com","","","","From DoorBird","Latest Picture",hs.getapppath & "\html\images\DoorBird\db.jpg")

End Sub
This is the video;

Old January 14th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have had the Doorbird for a while but only set it up very recently.

I read this yesterday and thought why would I need to capture and send via email as I could just see this via the app?

So, yesterday I was out most of the day and the connective in the mobile was poor and I could not get a connection to the app that was good enough to view but emails were slowly downloading, so this answers my own question.
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Seer Deluxe

the other reason is to see in the app, you need to open it and view. In meetings, email is less obvious?
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

A little offside question, does anyone use the other terminals on the DoorBird for anything, specifically for connecting a door chime, electric or garage door etc.

If so, wondering if you are allowed to use the other cat5 cable wires for these functions that are unused for the POE connecting

thanks
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
A little offside question, does anyone use the other terminals on the DoorBird for anything, specifically for connecting a door chime, electric or garage door etc.

If so, wondering if you are allowed to use the other cat5 cable wires for these functions that are unused for the POE connecting

thanks
I did use the doorbell relay to send a signal to HS3, before MrHappy made this great PI. I used 1 pair of the cat5e wires for this and it worked fine. Have sense disconnected them as I use the PI now for notification.
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:27 AM
OverSeer

Quote:

thanks
Don't personally but I've had my unit apart and there are relays on the board that these are connected to. As such I would say if you decide to use CAT5 then unless it is a relatively light load then you don't really want to be pulling all that much current through it unless you decide to use a secondary relay later on to control the load.
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Seer Master

I just got a cable pulled all the way to front gate from house. Looking forward to getting off wifi.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 AM
Seer Deluxe

Another question, I got mine setup today and used POE adaptor for the connection. Originally I used a cat5 coupler at the end as the cable wasn't long enough to get to the POE injector. I notice that the app on my phone always showed a poor connection signal. So I removed the coupler and went direct, now it toggles between fair, poor, good, all over.

Anyone have similar issues, not even sure this is an issue.

thanks
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Another question, I got mine setup today and used POE adaptor for the connection. Originally I used a cat5 coupler at the end as the cable wasn't long enough to get to the POE injector. I notice that the app on my phone always showed a poor connection signal. So I removed the coupler and went direct, now it toggles between fair, poor, good, all over.

thanks
When you say removed the coupler and went direct do you mean that you have joined two pieces of network cable together? If so I would look at the joint to see whether or not there was a break in any of the connections.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
OverSeer

This plugin is now in the HomeSeer updater so you will not find it attached to any threads any more, you are welcome to continue discussion surrounding features/bugs/enhancements here so all that is changed is where to find it
Old Today, 03:18 AM
Seer Master

Nice!
Old Today, 10:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

Great news.

In terms of my issue trying to figure out why my signal keeps flipping poor, fair etc.

Just wondering from others if your POE signal constantly says good or what it says before I start tinkering to reconnect things.

thanks
Old Today, 02:32 PM
Seer

Update just came through via the plug-in manager - Thanks!
Old Today, 04:56 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Great news.

In terms of my issue trying to figure out why my signal keeps flipping poor, fair etc.

Just wondering from others if your POE signal constantly says good or what it says before I start tinkering to reconnect things.

thanks
I am on wifi however will be switching to Ethernet shortly. I'll let you know what I find.
Old Today, 06:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:

thanks

Hi,

I had the same issue on the LAN connection which was a result of poor cable connections.

I re-wired and tested and the issues was resolved.