Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ISY Climate module causing error messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ISY Climate module causing error messages?

Hi Bob,

Am on HS2 running version 1.0.4.16 of the plugin and just installed the ISY climate module with firmware 4.2.3 that uses HamWeather instead of WB and at restart of HS I get the following error messages.

04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 26
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 27
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 28
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 29
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 30
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 31
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 32
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 33
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 34
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 35
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 36
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 37
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 38
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 39
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 40
    04/06/2014 6:52:29 AM ~!~ISY Insteon~!~Invalid weather value index, 41

Am guessing it's because some of the data is new with HamWeather compared to Weatherbug.

Unless I can use the data in programs (e.g. If I can it would be nice to populate ISY variables as ISY doesn't support that), this isn't a big deal for me.

Can I do anything with the weather data?

Yes, the new ISY firmware added additional weather data along with the change to HAMWeather. I'll need to update the plug-in to add support for that the new data.

You can create HomeSeer events that trigger on the weather data and also write HomeSeer scripts that make use of the data.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Support for HS2

That brings up a planning question related to HS2 - HS3 conversion.

Since ISY/Insteon is constantly changing/improving, your plug-in will need ongoing updates. Do you have any feel for how long you plan on supporting the HS2 plug-in? I ask because your ISY Plug-in is mission critical on my system and with V3 still in alpha I'm trying to gauge when I'll have to schedule the H3 leap.

Thanks Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kclark View Post
        That brings up a planning question related to HS2 - HS3 conversion.

Since ISY/Insteon is constantly changing/improving, your plug-in will need ongoing updates. Do you have any feel for how long you plan on supporting the HS2 plug-in? I ask because your ISY Plug-in is mission critical on my system and with V3 still in alpha I'm trying to gauge when I'll have to schedule the H3 leap.

Thanks Bob
        Good question.

I don't really have an EOL date planed for HS2. But it will look something like this:

HS2 new feature support is ramping down now. I've added support for the new weather data and I'm currently working on support for Z-wave locks. But in general, I don't plan to add any new features to the HS2 plug-in. Exceptions will depend on the effort and applicability of the feature.

HS2 bug fixes will continue. Time to fix will depend on how critical it is.

HS2 critical issues will continue to get priority. If a ISY change causes the plug-in to fail, that will get resolved as quickly as possible.

Most of my available time should be going into the HS3 version of the plug-in. At this point, it's alpha mainly because all the event code isn't finished. Once that's finished it will be beta which means mostly tweaks and bug fixes for a while. Since both plug-ins share most of the code that deals with the ISY and it's just the interface to HS that differs, I expect the core features to be pretty stable now.

I don't plan on leaving anyone using the HS2 plug-in hanging.

Does that answer your question?
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Yes Bob. I'm fine with that. I didn't expect you would have a fixed EOL date at this time. I need to wait on HSPhone and another plug-in too. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to jump before they were ready. Seems like it won't be a problem.

Thanks again.

Comment

ISY Weather Module Issues

I'm currently running HomeSeer 2 Professional v2.5.0.81 with the ISY Insteon plug-in v1.0.4.17. I have an associated ISY 994i/IR PRO on v4.2.30 firmware that includes the Weather/Climate Module. Ever since Universal Devices started using HAM weather I receive constant ISY Insteon messages stating "Invalid weather value index" followed by a number. I also no longer have weather module visibility within HomeSeer. How can I overcome these errors and again obtain ISY Weather/Climate Module information within HomeSeer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gklimo View Post
              I'm currently running HomeSeer 2 Professional v2.5.0.81 with the ISY Insteon plug-in v1.0.4.17. I have an associated ISY 994i/IR PRO on v4.2.30 firmware that includes the Weather/Climate Module. Ever since Universal Devices started using HAM weather I receive constant ISY Insteon messages stating "Invalid weather value index" followed by a number. I also no longer have weather module visibility within HomeSeer. How can I overcome these errors and again obtain ISY Weather/Climate Module information within HomeSeer?

Thanks
              You just need to get an install the latest version of the plug-in. This was fixed in version 1.0.4.18.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...58&postcount=1

Let me know if you have any problems updating.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Issue Resolved

Thank you. That resolved my issue.

Comment

Working...
                X