No announcement yet.

Web Scraper Plug-in for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, if you go to http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/pred...p=52&w=&o=pais, some characters like this "Nivel de aviso mximo", the pluging store it wrong, like �ximo".

Thank you

Comment

Any solution?

Comment

I would like to trigger an event when a value changes however this doesn't seem to work properly in the current version. It triggers every time it scrapes the site.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Help

Hoping someone can help trying to scrape the fire danger rating for the southern ranges into Homeseer with this plugin.
          Here are the setting I am using in the ini file, the default

[Fire Rating]
          URL=http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/bushfire.shtml
          RegExSearch=Southern Ranges</td>\s.<td>(.*?)</td>
          RegExReplace=1
          RefreshInterval=60
          Enabled=true
          Debug=true

The default forecast seems to scrape fine( as a test)
          Not real sure what I am doing wrong here

Comment

Try RegExSearch=Southern Ranges</td>\s+<td>(.*?)</td>

I added \s+ to deal with all the white spaces.

A great site I found to be helpful is https://www.regex101.com/#python

Originally posted by heff View Post
            Hoping someone can help trying to scrape the fire danger rating for the southern ranges into Homeseer with this plugin.
            Here are the setting I am using in the ini file, the default

[Fire Rating]
            URL=http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/bushfire.shtml
            RegExSearch=Southern Ranges</td>\s.<td>(.*?)</td>
            RegExReplace=1
            RefreshInterval=60
            Enabled=true
            Debug=true

The default forecast seems to scrape fine( as a test)
            Not real sure what I am doing wrong here
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by naish666 View Post
              Yes, if you go to http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/pred...p=52&w=&o=pais, some characters like this "Nivel de aviso mximo", the pluging store it wrong, like �ximo".

Thank you
              Any solutions to my problem?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Thanks that worked, that site is great.

Comment

looks great!
                  Regards Bart
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                  HSPRO 3.
                  Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

hi,

Installed your plugin, however the devices are not updating not even with the 3 examples included? any idea?

is there an manual for the expression usage?

Thanks
                    Regards Bart
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                    HSPRO 3.
                    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Use THE 1 from jon00 his one is better , this guy doesnt update anymore , THE plugins are dead... Like find my iphone aswell...
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Is there any way (before I purchase it) that the script can update more than just the string? Is it possible to update the value of a device?

Comment

Cannot Communicate with Plug-In

I am evaluating your plug-in. This is my version of HS3.

First of all, after the download, the plug-in does not appear under Manage Plug-ins.

This error appears when Developer Mode in turned on...

These are the devices created..I removed the CNN section..

If I poll the devices, I get this,....

See attached log file. Please advise what might be the problem...-Cliff
                          Attached Files

Comment

Help setting up a web page scraper

I have a web server that returns text in this form:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                            Content-Type: text/html
                            Connnection: close

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
                            <html>
                            <head>
                            <title>Level</title>
                            </head>
                            <body>
                            <p> Level: 00.0 <p>Extra text
                            </body>
                            </html>

and that's all. What I want is to be able to get the number (00.0 in the above example) back into HS3 as a variable that I can then base Events off of. How do I configure the scraper file to do that? I've been playing with editing the config file and it doesn't work (I modified the Earthquake builtin one and it doesn't even appear in HS3 as a device any more).

Comment

I licensed this plugin a while back and have been successfully using it for a few things. Here are a few bugs needing fixing.

Bug 1:
                              I have one web scrape where data is pulled out from a html table. The row in the table I am looking for is sometimes there and sometimes not (it is supposed to be this way). If I start the plugin without the device existing in HS yet, then the device gets created, and the status is "Empty Response." I have the scrape set up to update every minute (it's polling a device internal to my own network). Once the row appears in the web page's html table, the HS device properly updates with the data. However, once the row disappears again from the html table, the HS device never updates again to show "Empty Response." So either the plugin is crashing out the scrape, or it does not update back to "Empty Response" once the device has been populated with some real data. Even more interesting is that once I run through the steps above to reproduce the bug, if I then delete the HS device, and wait a few minutes, the plugin still has not recreated it with the "Empty Response" text. I have to actually restart the HS plugin to get this scrape to start operating again, only to repeat the above. I left it running overnight, and other scrapes appear unaffected.

Bug 2:
                              This is the only plugin I have that does not gracefully exit when HS is shut down. If I open task manager, I can see it is still running long after all other plugins and HS are gone. I noted this behavior before trying to add the scrape listed in bug 1, so it's unrelated.

Feature Request:
                              Could we also get an option in the ini file for what a scrape's default string in the HS device should be instead of "Empty Response" if no data is returned from the scrape? I would rather it be an empty string, or "0.0.0.0" for this particular scrape.
                              Last edited by Automated; November 22, 2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Anyone home?

Comment

Working...
                                X