No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed FitbitSeer 0.1.0.1. Easy setup and reporting fine the values. Thanks!

Comment

I just upgraded to 0.1.0.1. So far all looks great - weight in pounds and distance in miles. Double "weight" is gone, but I did have to manually remove the old weight device in kgs. Interestingly, the name had changed to the new "Chris Profile Weight".

Thanks for adding Stairs!

-Chris

Comment

Would be awesome to add Battery Level. But working great.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
          +1

Comment

Fit Bits are here !!
            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Ta Da !!
              Attached Files

Comment

just curious.. does the scale integrate in and update weight info ??

Comment

I wasn't able to get this working with my system. I rebooted and saw this in the log:

Jun-20 10:56:02 PM ErrorExamining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I'm attempting to run this on a Pi2/full HS3 install. Is this Linux compatible? Or have I gone and screwed up doing the installation procedure? :-)

Thanks!

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Cool!

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
                    I believe I can do that.

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                    just curious.. does the scale integrate in and update weight info ??
                    At the moment I just get the weight from the profile. The profile will reflect the last weigh in, regardless on how you update it. It can be with the Aria (as we use) or you can do that manuall.

I'm also planning to add the body fat (as you get automatically with Aria).

Originally posted by bpm32 View Post
                    I wasn't able to get this working with my system. I rebooted and saw this in the log:

Jun-20 10:56:02 PM ErrorExamining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I'm attempting to run this on a Pi2/full HS3 install. Is this Linux compatible? Or have I gone and screwed up doing the installation procedure?
                    I haven't got a clue, to be honest. I'm planning to get a Zee2 so I can test my plugins in the future on Linux, but so far I'm lost.

There might be an issue with the DLLs I'm using. But again, I haven't tested this myself yet. Sorry.

I will test this in the future, but I can't promise any dates.

Something quick and dirty to try, is to copy the two DLL files directy into the HomeSeer directory, as it could be a referencing thing (according to google). That *might* work.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Thank you for your suggestions. I wanted to update you on my progress:

The good news: I copied the DLL files to the homeseer directory and restarted the Pi. The plugin initialized successfully! I enabled it then attempted to add an account.

The bad news: The add account option doesn't seem to be working in my case. When I click the "add account" button from the config page, I'm taken to a page that allows me to add a new device and am given three tabs from which to choose: Configuration, Advanced, and Status Graphics. None of these pages give me an opportunity to enter my Fitbit credentials or link to my Fitbit account. (At least nowhere that I've found.)

I know you said there was no timeline for you testing this on a Linux system, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for your time!

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by bpm32; June 21, 2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Very Nice!

Very nice plugin. for some reason when I unzipped it bin and images were not placed correctly, but once I dropped those in the right place everything worked. Probably my error, but thought i'd pass it on if anyone else has issues with install. Very easy setup, and nice addition to home seer. Thanks for making this available!

+1 on battery level as a value coming across. I have an end of day event that fires off when i dock my phone on the wireless charger that shuts down the house and locks the doors, etc. It would be awesome to add a check to fitbit to determine battery level and tell me to charge it if its below X percent.

Comment

Originally posted by bpm32 View Post
                          Thank you for your suggestions. I wanted to update you on my progress:

The good news: I copied the DLL files to the homeseer directory and restarted the Pi. The plugin initialized successfully! I enabled it then attempted to add an account.

The bad news: The add account option doesn't seem to be working in my case. When I click the "add account" button from the config page, I'm taken to a page that allows me to add a new device and am given three tabs from which to choose: Configuration, Advanced, and Status Graphics. None of these pages give me an opportunity to enter my Fitbit credentials or link to my Fitbit account. (At least nowhere that I've found.)

I know you said there was no timeline for you testing this on a Linux system, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for your time!
                          Hmmm... that IS weird!

If you are able to get to the configuration page, then the plugin should be working right. So that's good.

However, when you press "Add account" you are indeed moved to a new device, but the focus should automatically be set to the a "Fitbit" tab. Thei Fitbit tab is created by the plugin. Your "Fitbit" tab appears to be missing...

After a little thought it occurs to me that the configuration page doesn't really use any functions in the "Fitbit.dll", and perhaps that's why it's working. However, the Fitbit tab on the new device do use Fitbit.dll functions, so either "Fitbit.dll" or "RestSharp.dll" is having problems.

After the device is created, is the plugin still running?

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
                          Very nice plugin. for some reason when I unzipped it bin and images were not placed correctly, but once I dropped those in the right place everything worked. Probably my error, but thought i'd pass it on if anyone else has issues with install. Very easy setup, and nice addition to home seer. Thanks for making this available!
                          I'm planning to put the plugin in the updater once I've implemented everything I want to do. It's just easier to manage IMHO, and it takes care of any installation issues.

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
                          +1 on battery level as a value coming across. I have an end of day event that fires off when i dock my phone on the wireless charger that shuts down the house and locks the doors, etc. It would be awesome to add a check to fitbit to determine battery level and tell me to charge it if its below X percent.
                          I'm not sure if Fitbit actually gives a percentage, I need to check that.

However, about the battery level:
                          Fitbit can now handle multiple devices, but if you have more than one (I have a Fitbit One and Aria), having one device for each battery level could be "troublesome"

How do you prefer it:
                          One device that handle all battery levels?
                          Or one for each device?
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            I'm not sure if Fitbit actually gives a percentage, I need to check that.

However, about the battery level:
                            Fitbit can now handle multiple devices, but if you have more than one (I have a Fitbit One and Aria), having one device for each battery level could be "troublesome"

How do you prefer it:
                            One device that handle all battery levels?
                            Or one for each device?
                            Definitely would want a HS device per Fitbit unit for the battery levels.
                            Bryan
                            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Looking great ,

Using my Iphone with fitbit for now.
                              Regards Bart
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                              HSPRO 3.
                              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Charting ??

Comment

Working...
                                X