No announcement yet.

Fibaro FGMS-001 Z-Wave Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth.... Mine properly reports (100%) battery level. It took "a while" (within a few hours, I didn't keep track) to update from 0% after first adding to the network and Zee running ver 3.0.0.187.

Edit: After 14 months, always reporting 100% battery, it stopped working due to a dead battery...
    Last edited by NutsyHome; September 12, 2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
      For what it's worth.... Mine properly reports (100%) battery level. It took "a while" (within a few hours, I didn't keep track) to update from 0% after first adding to the network and Zee running ver 3.0.0.187.
      BUT.. does it ever come off of 100% ?
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        see this post as there is a Beta that lets you set the settings for this. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...171320&page=16

or download it direct from ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HSPI_ZWave.exe

Greig.
        Thanks...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
          BUT.. does it ever come off of 100% ?
          Hopefully I won't know for several months!

Comment

Well, if your battery lasts a year in 4 days the percentage should drop. So you should know it faster. Do you see anything?

Comment

On one of my sensors the battery device has now dropped to 0% - I would expect at this for it to have failed but it is still sending data to HS and has been now since last night when I noticed it on 0%. Is it just not accurate and can never be relied upon or is there some HS handling issue.

Comment

2 weeks in .... 100%

Comment

Then it doesnt work. Unfortionately

Comment

It would appear that the 100% battery thing is not limited to HS3. Trawling the internet reveals that the issue exists in plenty of other software so is very likely (in true Fibaro fashion) to be a bug in the device.

Paul..

Comment

Not again... I should/could have known. I have several versions of this devics. Newest firmware is 2.5. Not one displays the battery level correctly. Does someone know if it works on the fibaro hc2?

Since homeseer now sells these devices i hope they van fix it for us (even though fibaro messed up again)

Comment

I have been using them for many months now. And to answer 2 things.

Vibration i have always just disabled in settings. Don't see why in what context i need this.

The battery % and how long they last is very different. And also much to do about what paramters you change etc. I had one that showed 77% with 5 months use before it just died on me. A manual battery check of the battery itself showed it was dead. So i do not trust the % tracking of the battery.

Other than this the sensor works good and they do look good.

Again using these as a temperature measurment in the system can be quite faulty if you leave them in the ceiling by example. The heat always rises and it will be hotter, and show hotter than it actually is.

For the led signal i always disable. I dont want to see it. But maybe i should so i can see if the battery is dead or not. But in HS you can always see when it was last active. And if it has been days since any update you can know for sure its dead :P
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I use 10% for the led. Barely visible bit enough to know battery is down.

There is a parameter to 'fix' the temperature thing. You can add or detract a number of degrees.

Comment

As it supports the battery class it must do something with the battery data though? Perhaps how it is handled in HS, the Qubino devices sent power data to HS but the plugin did not handle it quite right so perhaps there are different interpretations. I have Everspring door modules that are also battery operated and they just sit there at 100%, different manufacturer but the same behaviour.

Comment

FGMS-001 Setting Settings and Associations options

Hi -- Just bought this motion sensor and successfully scanned it into my HS3 system. However, when I go to the device management page under the Z-Wave tab the "Settings" and Associations" sections are there but are not active. In other words I can't access them to change any settings. Am I forgetting something?

Comment

Originally posted by taiello6683 View Post
                                Hi -- Just bought this motion sensor and successfully scanned it into my HS3 system. However, when I go to the device management page under the Z-Wave tab the "Settings" and Associations" sections are there but are not active. In other words I can't access them to change any settings. Am I forgetting something?
                                Make sure you are going into this menu on the root device not one of the child devices, if you look on the child devices then you will find they are greyed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X