X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    With:
    PluginDebug=True
    in the CM15A.ini file you should find that received CM15 commands show in the log.

For example from my log:
    Mar-20 13:52:36 CM15A DEBUG Received CM15 Address:F1, Commandff

Steve
    I have both PluginDebug and Override set to true. Yet what I get in the log is what I posted in the OP.

Comment

This is what I get as controls. It looks very much like your post except it has dimming stuff added.
      Attached Files

Comment

Let's refocus a bit.

In this post: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179522, we can clearly see a select box under the device type header which, I presume, will allow me to select which device I'm configuring.

However, in my HomeSeer, I do not have that select box. I only have the house and unit codes and the 'Done' button:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post
          Let's refocus a bit.

In this post: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179522, we can clearly see a select box under the device type header which, I presume, will allow me to select which device I'm configuring.

However, in my HomeSeer, I do not have that select box. I only have the house and unit codes and the 'Done' button:
          In HS3 the CM15 plugin is totally different to the X10 plugin for the CM11 etc. As far as I remember there has never been any options in the select box on the CM15 tab. You get the full works, as you have shown, and then delete all the values you don't need for your particular device.

Steve

Comment

In HS3 the CM15 plugin is totally different to the X10 plugin for the CM11 etc. As far as I remember there has never been any options in the select box on the CM15 tab. You get the full works, as you have shown, and then delete all the values you don't need for your particular device.

Steve
            I have refrained from ranting so far. But if what you say is true, this is completely ridiculous.

And even then, I'd still have a problem. I've switch the physical device to a lamp module that would support all these commands and I'm getting the same results.

A single Device control line in the log for each action:

Device Control Device: test test x-test to Level (value)% (70) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Device Control Device: test test x-test to On (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

And nothing happening at the device.

The hardware is all known working, It was connected to an ActiveHome no later then a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I have refrained from ranting so far. But if what you say is true, this is completely ridiculous.
              I don't know how much background you are aware of, but a few months ago HST announced that they were not planning to support X10 in HS3 beyond what works now.

Mark Fisher stepped up and offered to try to troubleshoot and fix as much as he could, but that it would be in his spare time - and that was in limited supply. So far, he has helped to clarify how the X10 plug-ins actually work - or don't (there are, indeed, two of them, and they work differently) and to provide useful guidance on how to work around their idiosyncrasies.

Before you pull too much hair out over this, you need to at least try to contact him. Since he knows much more about the inner workings of the plug-ins, he may be able to figure out what is going on in your system where even an experienced user cannot.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Many of us tried ranting but it fell on deaf ears. Luckily for me it works fine and I don't have any dimable X10 devices. I planned on phasing out my X10 but in fact they are all still running together with my ever expanding Zwave network.

Steve

Comment

Many of us tried ranting but it fell on deaf ears. Luckily for me it works fine and I don't have any dimable X10 devices. I planned on phasing out my X10 but in fact they are all still running together with my ever expanding Zwave network.

Steve
                  Well, I've phased out X10 control devices already. But I haven't found z-wave enabled working suitable things like the RF wall switches and Palm pads and wanted to reuse those as well as some HawkEyes sensors.

I tried to get basic devices working first. But in the end, my goal is more to get RF X10 input devices to work.

Comment

Well, I've phased out X10 control devices already. But I haven't found z-wave enabled working suitable things like the RF wall switches and Palm pads and wanted to reuse those as well as some HawkEyes sensors.

I tried to get basic devices working first. But in the end, my goal is more to get RF X10 input devices to work.
                    You should try one of the W800 receivers or the RFXCom receivers for this RF side of X10. These devices work very well with their associated plugins.
                    http://store.homeseer.com/store/WGL-...Kit-P1703.aspx
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      I don't know how much background you are aware of, but a few months ago HST announced that they were not planning to support X10 in HS3 beyond what works now.

Mark Fisher stepped up and offered to try to troubleshoot and fix as much as he could, but that it would be in his spare time - and that was in limited supply. So far, he has helped to clarify how the X10 plug-ins actually work - or don't (there are, indeed, two of them, and they work differently) and to provide useful guidance on how to work around their idiosyncrasies.

Before you pull too much hair out over this, you need to at least try to contact him. Since he knows much more about the inner workings of the plug-ins, he may be able to figure out what is going on in your system where even an experienced user cannot.
                      Now that is nice. And they are still selling the CM15A...

Is the CM15A even working? Apparently there seem to be more people using the older CM11.

I guess I'll have to ping that Mr. Fisher after all.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        You should try one of the W800 receivers or the RFXCom receivers for this RF side of X10. These devices work very well with their associated plugins.
                        http://store.homeseer.com/store/WGL-...Kit-P1703.aspx
                        mmm... I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the reference.

Yet, I already own 2 working CM15A and several X10 RF repeaters. I would much rather use those than spend for an additional interface for which I guess there is also a price attached to its HS plugin, especially considering that I'll pay 1.5 times with exchange, being in Canada.

Comment

Yet, I already own 2 working CM15A and several X10 RF repeaters. I would much rather use those than spend for an additional interface for which I guess there is also a price attached to its HS plugin, especially considering that I'll pay 1.5 times with exchange, being in Canada.
                          I can relate to that, but given the problems with the CM15A plug-in and the extra overhead, opportunity for power line noise, and the time delay of transferring to the power line, I'd definitely recommend the WGL800 as well. I have two of them and the performance improvement you get when you receive the wireless signal directly into HS is like night and day.

See this thread too: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180331
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            I can relate to that, but given the problems with the CM15A plug-in and the extra overhead, opportunity for power line noise, and the time delay of transferring to the power line, I'd definitely recommend the WGL800 as well. I have two of them and the performance improvement you get when you receive the wireless signal directly into HS is like night and day.

See this thread too: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180331
                            I've been living with X10 drawbacks for at least 15 years. I guess I can endure it for a while more. Besides, with the CM15a I could still use the X10 modules if I needed something quick, until I get the opportunity to replace it with a z-wave device on sale. That is if I can get it working... I did leave a PM to Mark Fisher. We'll see.

Which plugin do you use with the WGL?

This WGL800 is serial. I'd prefer the USB one if it's reliable but it doesn't seem to be available yet. USB works better than serial in the virtualised machine I use.

Comment

I've been living with X10 drawbacks for at least 15 years. I guess I can endure it for a while more.

I have too politely posted different pieces. In HS2 my x10 is/was ROCK solid. upon going to HS3 it is a hit or miss and frustrating.

I was told not many use X10 and it is dying and phasing out. I simply (all this was in PM) said... you think it is not worth spending time on it however,

1. many use X10 and not going to HS3 as their setup works
                              2. your not selling new HS3 plugins as these people are not going to HS3

now I wont say who was talking to but I can say this... I know for fact that HS2 ran rock solid and HS3 isnt.

I am just frustrated at it and going to drink the koolaid and swap to zwave - well that was the plan until I read something today.

my zwave toggle switches by GE/Jasco i was told support instant status now dont seem to be true. I am working on my kitchen and going to get electrical done and was going to tell the wife we are going to bite the bullet and buy 4-6 z-wave switches but now I have to re-evaluate...

now I am not using the CM15 or CM11 but the TI-103 which I was told was way better than my USB controller (which is not true to me)

/my rant
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Which plugin do you use with the WGL?
                                I am using the RFXCOM plug-in. It is working very well, but I have only limited experience with it, as I'm just completing my move from HS2 to HS3 and used a now-discontinued plug-in in HS2.

This WGL800 is serial. I'd prefer the USB one if it's reliable but it doesn't seem to be available yet.
                                It's important to understand how USB is implemented in these devices. Sometimes all that has been done is to incorporate a USB/serial converter internal to the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X