Raspberry Pi 3 SmartStick+ Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi 3 SmartStick+ Interface

Is it possible to use a Raspberry Pi 3 as a Z-Wave interface using just a SmartStick+, similar to the Z-NET?

Reason I ask is I have my home automation server (VM) setup with HomeSeer and would like to keep all interfaces separate, I have a ISY and a Insteon Hub as separate devices talking to HomeSeer, I would like to do the same with my new SmartStick+ without having to install the full HomeSeer Linux on the Pi 3

Has anybody done this? Is it possible? Would others be interested in this option?

Is it possible? Probably if you can run the zwave plugin remote. I would be interested as well. It would be a cheap znet.

Comment

I think I do what your asking now with my pi2 using the following software

https://www.virtualhere.com/

I already had the pi2 and use it for other uses and when I trashed my VERA I just put a pi2 in it's place rather then re running the USB cables to the HS3 server.

I have my pi2 in a central location and have my alarm panel (usb) and Z-stick (also usb) plugged into the pi2 and I run virtual here sever on the Pi2 and a client on the Windows HS3 PC that is not in a central location. Both client and server are set to run on auto boot up and if either or both powered down then back up they auto connect and all my USB devices on the PI show up as if they were plugged into the Windows server.

Comment

Working...
      X