DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    I have installed the Blue Iris demo, have a stream to the camera running in MJPEG and the plugin still appears to handle events such as motion and door bell notifications. Not sure I would try much more than one simultaneous stream though in case you started to tax the device.
    I've got this working, Had it running for a few days no issue's. Streams at 640*480 but its good enough.

Just add the Doorbird IP and your doorbird username / password.

Then add this to the path
    /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480&appid=%3CSNIFFED-APP-ID%3E

Comment

What do you mean that the DoorBird "during logging attracts HomeSeer web server port And it's a vicious attraction, no matter how much you delete"? I am afraid I do not understand what you are saying.

The plugin needs to know the HS server IP, it makes an attempt to discover this through a variety of means. I would like to think that unless you have multiple network cards then it will discover what it needs to by the methods I have put into the plugin. The reason it needs to know the server IP is when an event in the doorbell fires it makes a call to the plugin to launch change the device status through the HS web server.

You should not need to do anything with the INI file yourself in most circumstances, the plugin will create the file and update it as it needs to. Unless you need to over ride the IP address for the HS PC as detailed by the documentation you do not need to make any changes to the INI file and that is potentially causing issues.

My advice is to disable the plugin, delete the INI file, delete the devices in HS and then start the plugin again. Do not mess with the INI file unless you need to.
      I have never been unable to run any plugin in my server. This has got me pulling my hair out. I just don't know why after saving the Doorbird sttings. It ends up with HomeSeer port no. I did everything you said but can't get it working. I even put Doorbird on a different VLAN and it still turns up with the server port no. I don't know if it's got something to do with port 80. Because I don't use that for HomeSeer. I run a real server which of course uses port 80 for web services. I think the only solution I'm left with is to use Arduino or ADIO 100 and use the terminals (chime, lock and button ) to create the devices in HomeSeer.

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; July 30, 2016, 02:10 AM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I'm working on these issues and can re-create most of them now...my computer died so I am just getting a new PC sorted and I should have them fixed, tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

Could someone please try the attached please, it is version .7, changes are;
          • Obtains the HomeSeer web server port and adds this to the URL that DoorBird calls when it has an event (oversight)
          • Added debug logging for the Wifi MAC and firmware
          • Fixed the root device issue (unfortunately needs existing devices to be deleted and plugin restarted to fix)
          • Fixed an un-handled exception in a connection timer
          • Fixed an issue with FW version 98 lacking CR/LF (have to include a app.config file pending it being fixed in the firmware - DoorBird are aware)

I would be grateful if someone can answer yes/no whether anything works or not. I now have to include the app.config file unfortunately so this must sit in the same directory as the plugin.

## Version moved to first post ##
          Last edited by mrhappy; August 2, 2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Obtains the HomeSeer web server port and adds this to the URL that DoorBird calls when it has an event (oversight)
            • Fixed the root device issue (unfortunately needs existing devices to be deleted and plugin restarted to fix)
            • Fixed an issue with FW version 98 lacking CR/LF (have to include a app.config file pending it being fixed in the firmware - DoorBird are aware)

I would be grateful if someone can answer yes/no whether anything works or not. I now have to include the app.config file unfortunately so this must sit in the same directory as the plugin.

This is the link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing

Hi mrhappy,

Brilliant!, Goodness me! I had lost the will to live!

I hereby would like to notify you I cannot fault this one thus far. I tested the motion, the light and the settings. Everything is sweet! Even the log is good once the INI is created.

It belongs in the HomeSeer Updater

Eman
            Attached Files

Comment

It won't make it to the updater since it is a free plugin

Comment

Mrhappy

I dropped a token in your Paypal.

About the device buttons, can they toggle on/off?

One thing though, I think for the DoorBird to retain the wired IP address is to use VLANS because of absence of static IP settings.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; August 2, 2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                  Mrhappy

I dropped a token in your Paypal.

About the device buttons, can they toggle on/off?

Eman.
                  Thank you very much for the donation, it will go towards other hardware to write plugins for - I am afraid according to HS policy free plugins do not go in the updater and I don't think they can support a donation model like I have here.

Thank you also for testing and reporting your feedback, good to see it works for you - in terms of toggling on and off then I am afraid not. The DoorBird unit is a little strange in that it will only turn the IR LED's on for about three minutes before turning them off (I don't have any control over the time period either) - they do not let you switch it on overnight for example. I don't know why this is perhaps it was only ever for motion sensing and the current on the LED's they don't want on constantly who knows. The same with the door open button but I could understand that you may not want to trigger the door lock and have it unlocked permanently. I am in dialogue with DoorBird concerning API changes and have already suggested a couple of amendments so I will add this to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                    It won't make it to the updater since it is a free plugin

There are loads of free plugins in the Updater
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                      There are loads of free plugins in the Updater
                      Whilst it is absolutely true that I have never approached HS to discuss this (I have little to gain with it in the updater, I then either have to have HS host the plugin or have my own/another persons hosting to store the plugin - reading here sees there are delays in the process of HS adding releases to the updater whereas I can post an update instantly) their web site is abundantly clear on this;

Marketing and Distribution of Free Add-ons:
                      Those who wish offer free add-ons through HomeSeer may post those add-ons on the HomeSeer message board. However, free add-ons will not be listed in the updater and will not be promoted through our online store. Authors of free add-ons are not eligible for developer support through HST. HST reserves the right to remove any free add-on from the message board at any time and for any reason, including (but not limited to) support, quality or competitive issues.
                      So either they make single exemptions or the web page is wrong...

Comment

I read that as well. They must make exceptions. Chances are homeseers website may not reflect current policies?

Comment

Whilst it is absolutely true that I have never approached HS to discuss this (I have little to gain with it in the updater, I then either have to have HS host the plugin or have my own/another persons hosting to store the plugin - reading here sees there are delays in the process of HS adding releases to the updater whereas I can post an update instantly) their web site is abundantly clear on this;

So either they make single exemptions or the web page is wrong...

Yes, I've seen that posted before, but there are still loads in there. I think some are (or certainly used to be) hosted on DropBox and similar services, though I haven't checked that recently.
                          cheeryfool

Comment

## Version moved to first post ##
                            Just installed version 0.0.7 and it seems to run fine.
                            The history images tab is now working correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by petermdevries View Post
                              Just installed version 0.0.7 and it seems to run fine.
                              The history images tab is now working correctly!
                              Thanks for testing - the bug itself is in the hands of the DoorBird developers and I hope that it will be fixed at some point so I can not rely on the app.config file.

Comment

Just released version 0.0.0.9 if anyone needs it, DoorBird have changed the API which now means you can authenticate for the MJPG stream by passing the username/password in the URL path. This is a more reliable method than what I was previously using and should be safer (in terms of it being broken in different browsers) considering the official support of this method.
                                Last edited by mrhappy; August 26, 2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X