Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Controller choice: HomeTroller S6 or SEL

Comment

The price difference between the 2 is more related to the Windows licensing than hardware.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Agree, Windows route is safest from a compatibility stand point.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Ok. Thanks for your consensus; clearly Windows-based is the way to go. Have to admit, I still feel slightly uneasy with an always-on Windows box, but perhaps I'm unjustifiably scarred from yester-year experience!

Comment

Here was running 2 Homeseer 2 boxes on Wintel server and it did fine over the years.

I started with Homeseer 3 running it on Wintel server and HS3 Zee running it on the first RPi.

First tinkering with the Zee had me testing / installing on Ubuntu Intel / AMD based motherboards and it worked just fine for me.

Fast forward to today.

Homeseer 3 Pro and Homeseer 3 Zee-2 today are running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

The Homeseer 3 Pro machine (iSeries 3 / 16Gb RAM) is running a couple of Oracle Wintel Server VB's. One if for multiple instances of speaker dot exe and the other is for use of the MS Kinect plugin. The MS SAPI is used for the main mothership and the Zee-2 HS3.

The Homeseer 3 Zee-2 computer is running on a mini Xi3/Xi5A AMD dual core / 2Gb RAM. I turned the old RPi2 to a Z-Wave / 1-Wire hub / X10 / UPB slave to the new Zee-2.

Testing the Pine64 / 2 Gb RAM machine with Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit running Zee-2 HS3 and it does fine (better for me than the RPi2) I have not tested the RPi3 yet.

I did have some issues with upgrading the Ubuntu 14.04 HS3 Pro box to Ubuntu 16.04. Today is it running fine. IE: have no issues with Wintel VB's talking to hardware.

Another computer (PipoX7 - Intel Atom Baytrail - 2Gb RAM) is running Windows 10 and is used for a multitouch 15" HSTouch monitor, Kinect and Alexa plugin talking to the mothership and it works fine today.
            Last edited by Pete; September 27, 2016, 03:10 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X