Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor-austin View Post
    My developer skill, which worked so much better with a different keyword than Homeseer has stopped working, unable to access skill. So back to where I was months ago, not working at all. Pretty disappointing so far, can't understand how Amazon and the developers didn't get this all completed ready for launch.
    Same for me. I have now setup all of my devices on HA-Bridge so I can control everything with the build in Philips Hue support on the Echo. This now means everything is within my control so I don't have do worry about HomeSeer completely screwing everything up all the time.

Matt.

Comment

As posted on other threads, you can get the Homeseer skill working again by modifying the SSL Certificate. Details here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=315
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        As posted on other threads, you can get the Homeseer skill working again by modifying the SSL Certificate. Details here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=315
        Thanks for that, working now.

Think i'm still going to carry on using the HS-Bridge from now on though. Since the devices are specifically detected by the Echo, The voice recognition has been spot on, and has even allowed to to have my "Lounge" back rather than the living room :P.

I will still use the homeseer skill for getting ststaus etc, but the HA-Bridge has basdically given me the API skill with very little work.

Matt.

Comment

Yes, I'm using the ha-Bridge too and it is excellent for on/off/dim control for devices.

The Homeseer skill excels (with my helper) for specific tasks such as requesting playlists to be played, set volume levels, announce weather station info etc so there is a place for both here.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
            Thanks for that, working now.

Think i'm still going to carry on using the HS-Bridge from now on though. Since the devices are specifically detected by the Echo, The voice recognition has been spot on, and has even allowed to to have my "Lounge" back rather than the living room :P.

I will still use the homeseer skill for getting ststaus etc, but the HA-Bridge has basdically given me the API skill with very little work.

Matt.
            It understands lounge! Wow, that will be a revelation

Any link on how to set that up? Don't really use my Hue for anything other than adding new lights/dimmers

Comment

Any link on how to set that up? Don't really use my Hue for anything other than adding new lights/dimmers
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185750
              Jon

Comment

Yes, I'm using the ha-Bridge too and it is excellent for on/off/dim control for

Jon,

Am I missing something here? Still waiting for the official U.K. Skill to be released. Can't use your helper as running on Linux.

Still looking for simple control of HS devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Steve

Comment

Yes you can use ha-bridge which emulates the Philips Hue smart home skill. It can run on Windows or Linux using Java.

You just have to configure each device you want to control and then discover them in Alexa.
                  Jon

Comment

Yes you can use ha-bridge which emulates the Philips Hue smart home skill. It can run on Windows or Linux using Java.

You just have to configure each device you want to control and then discover them in Alexa.

Jon,

Thanks. I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction to get started on this.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

Comment

Have you looked at this
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=ha+bridge

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post

Thank you,

Assume I can run this on SEL running Linux?

Steve

Comment

You should be able to run it on any PC connected to your home network. It does not have to be your HS PC.
                          Jon

Comment

You should be able to run it on any PC connected to your home network. It does not have to be your HS PC.

Jon,

Thanks, I'll give this a go but sure it's going to end in [emoji24]. Not quite sure of some of the steps, so may ask for assistance!

Thanks Steve

Steve

Comment

Has any official UK skill release date be suggested yet?

Comment

It's quite simple really.

First stage is to install HA-BRIDGE and get it running. There are many tutorials around for this so won't go into details here. Once its installed then go to the web front end in a browser (usually http://ip_of_habridge:8080).

Click the Manual add tab. In the Name field type the device name (This is what you will speak to Alexa, so for example 'Lounge Light')

Now in the On URL box type:
                                Code:
                                http://IP_OF_HOMESEER/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=REF_OF_DEVICE&value=100
                                in the Off URL type:
                                Code:
                                http://IP_OF_HOMESEER/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=REF_OF_DEVICE&value=0
                                If you need to Dim the put this in the Dim URL:
                                Code:
                                http://IP_OF_HOMESEER/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=REF_OF_DEVICE&value=${intensity.percent}
                                Leave all other boxes as default and save.

Once you have set up any devices you want to control, tell alexa to Discover your devices. You will now be able to control the devices just by saying "Alexa, turn on the lounge light" etc

Obviously in the URLS above you need to replace IP_OF_HOMESEER and REF_OF_DEVICE with their proper values.

Also these examples are for X10 devices where a value of 100 = on. If you are using Z Wave then change the 100 to 255.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X