X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Keeps Disappearing

Hello,

For months, the insteon plugin has worked well, but as of lately, I have been dealing with my insteon device not working until I reset the connection to the PLM, which usually requires me to unplug the PLM and restart the computer. It has gotten to the point where it is way too unreliable.

I have tried removing the device in device manager. Stopping HS3. Scanning for Hardware changes, which finds the device, and then restarting HS3. That does not work either.

I have attached my error output.
    Attached Files

have you tried the 'reset and reprogram" function within the plugin? Or have you tried a factory reset on the plm? you can use the update interface to reprogram the plm afterwards
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am giving it a try and will report back if I have it fall off again.

Comment

I am now at the point where the PLM isn't even being registered on COM4, yet in device manager it is showing it there.

Are there any tests I can do to see what may be going on?

Comment

Originally posted by airedale View Post
          I am now at the point where the PLM isn't even being registered on COM4, yet in device manager it is showing it there.

Are there any tests I can do to see what may be going on?
          no real tests that i'm aware of. the plugin runs the most basic cmd to see if the plm alive and listening when the plugin starts.

if the factory reset didn't help, the plm may be dead. The fact that it shows in the windows device manager just means windows recognizes the physical device, but windows doesn't know anything about the plm cmd set.

What is the version number on the sticker on the unit?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I think you can ignore answering my previous question. I did some searching and realized that the capacitors in the PLM fail after about 2 years (I made it 3)! So.. I ordered new capacitors and will see if this fixes my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

What is the version number on the sticker on the unit?
              V1.A

Comment

Originally posted by airedale View Post
                V1.A
                for what its worth, the newer PLMs V2.x are more reliable (better components), and provides a stronger signal.

Just in case the repair doesn't go well.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X