X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not finding devices

one step forward, two steps back...

So two days later I'm now on Step #4 of the Getting Started Guide :-(

I'm adding my via the Actions menu in the HS web page (i.e. not using Z-Tool+). I select Add/Include a Node, pressed the start button and then go to the device and press the button. I just get this message until I abort.

Add Node started...
    Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...

The devices I'm trying to add are a mixture of HomePro appliance (ZRP210) and dimmer (ZDP210) and Everspring AD131-3 modules.

Any ideas why my zwave.me is not seeing them?

------------

Current Date/Time: 12/27/2016 4:32:26 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 4 Minutes 45 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.32
    Number of Devices: 4
    Number of Events: 1
    Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Malcolm

Were they previously included on another zwave controller? If so, you need to exclude them first. Also, on older zwave devices, the include/exclude range is pretty short by design, so you may need to have them close together.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

they were added to a previous system - which is now dead. Can i exclude then using the HTZ?
      Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
        they were added to a previous system - which is now dead. Can i exclude then using the HTZ?
        Yes.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So i had to move the device to within 2' of the HZT and it finally found it to exclude it.

I can add it in that position and control it from there but if i then try to add it (having excluded it) in the position it needs to be in (only about 15' from the HZT) it's not found. This is the first and closest device of many - all of which were found and controlled by the previous system.
          Malcolm

Comment

Just to close this thread off. I've dumped the zwave.me controller and replaced it with an Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5. So far it has been 100% successful during the exclusion / inclusion process for 14 zwave devices...
            Malcolm

Comment

Working...
            X