Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Instant Status Issue

Hi All -

I'm having some issues with my homeseer switches. Everything was working fine until I erased my Z-wave network and rebuild it on a more powerful pc (running HS3Pro). I stopped getting instant status updates after doing this.

I've been doing some testing and here is where it gets interesting - I get instant status updates when the Scene 1 Key Pressed or Scene 2 Key Pressed Central Scenes fire. But I do not get them on any other scene (Scene 1 Key Released, Scene 2 Key Released).

So in order to get the status to update I have to set the on/off/dim level from the light switch, and then click the top or bottom of the switch a second time to fire the Scene 1/2 Key Pressed (bc Scene 1/2 Key Released is what is most often fired when dimming).

Any ideas whats going on here? I've looked in my logs and its clear HS3 is only polling for status updates when the Scene is set to 1000 or 2000. Any ideas on how do I fix this? I've purchased over 20 of these lights and instant status not working is really impacting the lighting in my home.

Thanks!

Tornadoslims

Dec-29 10:47:25 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Master Bath Recessed Central Scene Set to 1001
    Dec-29 10:47:25 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:25 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:24 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:24 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Master Bath Recessed Central Scene Set to 1002
    Dec-29 10:47:24 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:21 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 28 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:21 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 28 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:20 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Watts Set to 6.993 (6.993 Watts)
    Dec-29 10:47:20 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 39 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:20 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 39 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:13 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 5 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:13 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 5 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2 Frame(7)=2
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2 Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Master Bath Recessed Switch Set to Dim 25%
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2 Frame(7)=3
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave Z-NetUpstairs: Sending to node 20 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave Polling device: Master Bath Recessed Root
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Master Bath Recessed Central Scene Set to 1000
    Dec-29 10:47:10 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Frame(7)=3

Bump. Anyone experience anything similar? real time status updates for the switch on/off and dim level only occur with event 1000 and 2000 - no other central scene events.

From my limited knowledge it appears homeseer is not treating 1001/2001/and the other central events as NIFs to query the device status. This is an issue when dimming.

Any other ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just how they work and everyone deals with it?

thanks -

Jim

Comment

Probably worth looking at the associations from your various ZWave devices, BACK to the HS3 system. If you rebuilt your ZW network then it sounds like they may be missing (and the switches then don't knwo where to send their status updates).
      Nicolai L

Comment

I agree with the association comment.
        I have in the past had to delete the association from group 2 or 3

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
          I agree with the association comment.
          I have in the past had to delete the association from group 2 or 3
          Thank you @NicolaiL and @gd1210. Unfortunately I have checked the associations and they look fine (Group 1 -> Homeseer). I haven't seen any other groups (no group 2 or 3 is coming up).

My process is this (maybe its flawed) -

1. Go to the root device of the switch, Z-Wave tab
          2. Click associations

I then get a Retrieve button with this message

"There is no association information for this device. Before associations can be changed, the list of associations that it supports must be updated at a minimum. Click the button to the left to attempt to get this information from the node. If the node is a battery operated node or one that is not always listening, please make sure to wake up the node prior to clicking the button."

3. I click the Retrieve button and then this is what i see. I've then clicked Update and get the same image.

It looks A-OK to me, but the fact that it _needs to be retrieved_ might be an issue? I've been using Vera, Razberry, Smartthings, and pretty much every other Z-wave hub out there for a few years now, but I'm only about 3 months into switching to homeseer, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

See attached image - many many thanks again for your help.

Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tornadoslims View Post
            Thank you @NicolaiL and @gd1210. Unfortunately I have checked the associations and they look fine (Group 1 -> Homeseer). I haven't seen any other groups (no group 2 or 3 is coming up).

My process is this (maybe its flawed) -

1. Go to the root device of the switch, Z-Wave tab
            2. Click associations

I then get a Retrieve button with this message

"There is no association information for this device. Before associations can be changed, the list of associations that it supports must be updated at a minimum. Click the button to the left to attempt to get this information from the node. If the node is a battery operated node or one that is not always listening, please make sure to wake up the node prior to clicking the button."

3. I click the Retrieve button and then this is what i see. I've then clicked Update and get the same image.

It looks A-OK to me, but the fact that it _needs to be retrieved_ might be an issue? I've been using Vera, Razberry, Smartthings, and pretty much every other Z-wave hub out there for a few years now, but I'm only about 3 months into switching to homeseer, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

See attached image - many many thanks again for your help.

Jim
            From memory I think you need to have associations from Group 3 to HS3, endpoint 1 (this is Channel 1 on the light switch) and from Group 5 to Endpoint (e.g. Channel 2)
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              From memory I think you need to have associations from Group 3 to HS3, endpoint 1 (this is Channel 1 on the light switch) and from Group 5 to Endpoint (e.g. Channel 2)
              Thanks NicolaiL. Do you know how to add these channel associations? From the homeseer interface I can only add Group 1 associations (see attached).

@HomeSeer Staff - can any of you chime in here? I'm looking to send all my switches back bc of this issue.

Thanks

Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Frankly, my recommendation would be to exclude the switch and re-add it. That should create whatever associations that are needed. Rescanning may also work.

Comment

Working...
                X