What does this error mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this error mean?

I have a TINY 3 mode test setup so I can play before I star building the REAL network...

1 - Gen 5 Aeotec Z-Stick
    2 - Leviton Plug-in lamp module
    5 - Zoom 4-in-1 Sensor

Got 6 copies of the following message when I booted by system

1/6/2017 7:56:47 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Exception processing incoming secure message from node 5 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Startup Complete, 6 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Node 5 has 6 sub-items
    (from Node Information)
    Full Name: Node 5 Z-Wave Vision Sec Notification Sensor Polling: Polling Disabled
    Manufacturer:
    Vision Security Type:
    0x2021 ID:
    0x2101 Listens:
    No Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 5.1 Hardware: 1 Neighbor Count:
    1 Speed:
    100Kbps
    Neighbors: 2
    Uses Interface: Ninovan (1) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SENSOR NOTIFICATION, Specific Type: NOTIFICATION SENSOR
    Command Classes:
    Supported: Zwaveplus Info, Security, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Battery(V 1), Notification(V 4), Sensor Multilevel(V 7), Configuration, Wake Up, Firmware Update Md
    Supported Secure: Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Battery(Ver 1), Notification(Ver 4), Sensor Multilevel(Ver 7), Configuration, Wake Up, Firmware Update Md
    Child Device: Home Security CC: Notification Ver: 4 Polling: Polling Disabled
    Child Device: Battery CC: Battery Polling: Polling Interval: 12h, 0m, 0s
    Child Device: Temperature CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Interval: 20m, 2s
    Child Device: Luminance CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Interval: 20m, 4s
    Child Device: Relative Humidity CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Interval: 20m, 6s

PS.... this is messy stuff... can I go back to X10 and HS2 (not really, but talk about technology shock!)

Do you have a debug option turned on? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No "debug" that I know of turned on...

What do you want me to turn on and how do I do it?

(sorry, still think in HS2 where I could just change the log level)

Zwave is 3.0.1.87

THAT error has not re-occurred at all, the only repeating error I have been seeing is:
      Jan-07 10:00:37 AM Warning Have not heard from tunnel in over 60 seconds, disconnecting for re-connection.

Everything is "working" but I don't understand this new software as well as I did HS2, UPB and X10 to know what the errors mean, or if it will affect me when I built out the real network.

Comment

I asked zooz the same question and they said to send a "configuration" command...
        Thank you for your email. From what you described, it looks like the sensor is just not fully configured. It only stays awake for 20 seconds after inclusion so if the controller does not complete the set-up within the time-frame, the sensor appears incomplete in the software with no motion detection and 0% battery as the most common symptoms. We recommend sending a configuration command from HomeSeer and clicking on the Z-Wave button using a paperclip just like during inclusion (the LED indicator will blink). You may do that twice if communication is still not completed on the first try.

Not sure what this means exactly, but I did a "Full scan" and it picked up the "Battery" child process...maybe something else, couldn't tell.

I re-booted and didn't get any errors this time.

I still don't see any "Control" functions for this 'mostly' listen device. Supposedly it stays awake 20 seconds at a time when you press the Zwave button, so you can send it update, but I see know way to enable that...
        Once the sensor is fully configured, you'll be able to adjust parameters according to the manual (parameter numbers, values, and sizes are described). After you make any changes, you'll need to wake the sensor up - simply click the Z-Wave button with a paperclip just like during inclusion.

Comment

You can change the parameters under the zwave tab of the root device that was created for it. The parameters and different value options for it are provided by the manufacturer of the device.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ah...that's the rub...
            there are no parameters in the root device.

(settings is greyed out)

Wait....

After several "re-scans" and pressing the Zwave button while doing a request I now have OPTIONS under Zwave-Settings... at least for -one- of the child devices...

HUM....still trying to convert from UPB/X10 thinking...ouch... my head hurts
            Attached Files

Comment

FINALLY got this page....
              Several Rescans and making sure to press the Zwave button just before doing the scan
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rsisson View Post
                I asked zooz the same question and they said to send a "configuration" command...
                Thank you for your email. From what you described, it looks like the sensor is just not fully configured. It only stays awake for 20 seconds after inclusion so if the controller does not complete the set-up within the time-frame, the sensor appears incomplete in the software with no motion detection and 0% battery as the most common symptoms. We recommend sending a configuration command from HomeSeer and clicking on the Z-Wave button using a paperclip just like during inclusion (the LED indicator will blink). You may do that twice if communication is still not completed on the first try.
                Not sure what this means exactly, but I did a "Full scan" and it picked up the "Battery" child process...maybe something else, couldn't tell.

I re-booted and didn't get any errors this time.

I still don't see any "Control" functions for this 'mostly' listen device. Supposedly it stays awake 20 seconds at a time when you press the Zwave button, so you can send it update, but I see know way to enable that...
                Once the sensor is fully configured, you'll be able to adjust parameters according to the manual (parameter numbers, values, and sizes are described). After you make any changes, you'll need to wake the sensor up - simply click the Z-Wave button with a paperclip just like during inclusion.
                I have a Monoprice motion sensor from the same vendor (Vision Security). Do you have a website or phone number you can share? I'm looking for more information about the product and available parameters.

It's funny that the device may not fully configure initially (per statement above), but there's no indication of it. I had similar symptoms (e.g. battery showed 0% initially). In an effort to resolve the battery, I updated to a newer [BETA] Z-Wave interface (3.0.1.102). That did help, but I know I also used the paperclip method to get the sensor online to INCLUDE. Now I'm wondering if my only issue was an incomplete setup with the first attempt to add it to my network?

Was there an ONLINE manual available? The Monoprice came with a paper manual which is easily lost.

Comment

I ditched these long ago as the zwave PI never quite supported the older versions, as the motion child device was confused with the root - did log a bug, nice to see it was addressed eventually with the latest beta, even if it's like 2 years too late.

Try this:
                  http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/d...en5_manual.pdf
                  These guys always put the manuals in downloadable form for stuff they sell, shame the manufacturers bury or even don't bother putting reference material on their websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                    I ditched these long ago as the zwave PI never quite supported the older versions, as the motion child device was confused with the root - did log a bug, nice to see it was addressed eventually with the latest beta, even if it's like 2 years too late.

Try this:
                    http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/d...en5_manual.pdf
                    These guys always put the manuals in downloadable form for stuff they sell, shame the manufacturers bury or even don't bother putting reference material on their websites.
                    Thanks Furious - appreciate the link! I'll check out the vesternet.com site too - looks good.

Comment

Working...
                    X