Monitor GFCI trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor GFCI trip

So I lost my Hot Tub this winter when I didn't notice that the GFCI tripped and it froze. (It was on the list for a 1-wire temp monitor but hadn't been implemented yet).

Now that I'm installing a new tub, I want to monitor the GFCI power and trigger an event if it trips. Is there a canned solution for monitoring a 240VAC breaker or do I have to create it from scratch? I'm hoping to power the alarm from a nearby 120VAC line to eliminate batteries.

Anyone using the Jacuzzi Pro-Link app with HS (I'll drop this in the Pool Discussion)

Jeff

You could add a 240VAC contactor or solenoid to a low voltage switch and connect it to an alarm panel if you wanted to.

A 1-wire USB stick and underwater probe would cost in the vicinity of less than $25. Using a wireless RPi3, a rechargeable battery and little solar panel you do go totally wireless with a solution. Old neighbor did all of his outdoor LV LED lighting with two 12VDC batteries and two small solar panels. Worked for years this way.

I am currently building a small 1-wire temperature / humidity network for the second floor of the home using an RPi2 POE connected in the attic. Note that I have kept an RPi2 in the attic now for some 2 years and it hasn't melted yet. The old 1-wire network was using a star topology and cat5e down to the basement.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X