This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Steps

1 - Disable the WiFi as you cannot utilize both WiFi and the network port.
    2 - are you familiar with putty?
    3 - do you have a monitor / keyboard / mouse connected to the S2?
    4 - change your username steve chase to a name with no spaces.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete here are two pings from FING

two pings photos each from my Iphone Fing app.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Baby Steps

1 - Disable the WiFi (YOU MEAN ON HOMESEER SETUP? OR HOW? as you cannot utilize both WiFi and the network port.
        2 - are you familiar with putty? NO
        3 - do you have a monitor / keyboard / mouse connected to the S2? NO JUST ETHERNET & POWER HOW TO DO THAT?
        4 - change your username steve chase to a name with no spaces. DONE
        PETE IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE THE OMNI PRO ETHERNET PING SHOWS PROBLEMS. IN FACT TODAY IT ONCE WENT OUT OF WIFI CONNECTION EVEN WITH THE S2 OFF LINE. I THOUGHT BEFORE THAT IT WAS ALWAYS STIMULATED BY THE S2 BEING ON LINE.

Comment

FYI. Until Monday evening I will be out of touch.

Comment

I think I found MY problem

After much help from you guys and thought I decided to revert back to an earlier PC Access automation program set and val-la the Ethernet connections seem to be working and I am able to stay connected to the OP II with the Z2. So my conclusion is that I have some program which is circle jerking and therefore loading the OP II down so much that the Z2 connection was the 'straw which broke the camels back'.

I have made requests to Alexa & as before they are being obeyed by the OP II.

This has happened to me before with the 1400 lines of programing tweaks which I continue to tweak and if I save with a different name each time I can go back and check to see if the OPII is in a circle jerk.

Thank you very much and I apologize for hijacking this thread with a problem I caused.

I still want to get the Z2 to connect wirelessly and also to figure out how to get a backup of the Z2 instead of only the plugin config.

Comment

Good news Stephen!

I decided to revert back to an earlier PC Access automation program set and val-la the Ethernet connections seem to be working and I am able to stay connected to the OP II with the Z2.

What earlier PC Access automation program are you writing about? Haiku? Are you beta testing new Haiku application?
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am sorry for confusing you Pete but what I really did was revert back to the previously saved automation configuration out of the 80 I have. The PCA program is the same and the latest. Every once in a while I screw up and get the programming into a circle on itself causing the OP II panel to bog down or go into reset. It will take some time to find out what program line I did this in saved version 81, but until then my earlier version 80 will work fine. Again thanks very much for your charitable intentions.

BTW can I run the Z2 in wireless only mode connecting only with the OP II using Robs plug in?

Yes I volunteered to Beta Haiku but haven't had time to work it yet.

I am such a klutz when it comes to this stuff, as you found out in trying to help me trouble shoot. I guess if I can make it work anyone can

Comment

programming into a circle on itself

Not an issue. I have done that before.

BTW can I run the Z2 in wireless only mode connecting only with the OP II using Robs plug in?

Yes.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

New version posted:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189278
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                    X