Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining multiple AND +OR ... difficult or am I missing something basic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering leaving Vera because when she decides to take a vacation on me, tons of stuff doesn't work right and then minutes, or hours later all the past commands it missed fire at once. It's rare that it has happened, but when it does things suck to be me.

The second reason is that I really do want to expand the logic I'm running now so it really is home automation more than home remote control. I can't seem to get there with Vera because of the code.

My issue with the code is that it seems that everyone that discusses it all uses a shorthand that includes pieces of code and I don't understand the logic of how they got there. If I could understand the building blocks I'm sure I could get it.

Finally, I apologise if I sounded snappy earlier. My blood sugar was low and I'd just come off another stretch of trying to figure out PLEG... Gave up to read on Homeseer and I found this thread.... Which in my head told me I'm screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
      I'm doing a lot of little stuff with Vera using lua now. The basics like:

When the front door is unlocked, check the light level in the living room, adjust to a value based on the light level.

Turn on the front porch and driveway lights when one of us trips the geofence coming home if 40 minutes before sunset until 40 minutes after sunrise.

Lots of grouped actions like going to bed, shut everything down and adjust thermostat, or at my daughter's bed time turn on her white noise machine, turn off other lights around her room.

The scene in trying to accomplish with PLEG for my first first into it is to replace one I want to expand in LUA.

right now if I trip the motion in the hall when the house is in night mode it checks the time, if before 5:30am it turns on a dim light, if after 5:30 am it brings the house to home mode and turns on two lights in separate rooms.

I want it now to: if in night mode and the hall motion trips and a virtual switch is off, turn on the dim light. If in night mode and a virtual switch is on and the motion trips, bring to home mode and turn on those lights. I'm triggering that virtual switch with Tasker based on my phone being cell near for home, plugged in, and face down. So when I get it in the morning it trips the switch. That is tested and working.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I agree, every event you described is easily done in Homeseer natively,except geofencing. Also, you will find that you may need to have more than one HS3 event for some of the logic you used to have one PLEG. You'll get used to it, but it is annoying and more work

Geofence is a pain to setup but works great once it is. Use PHlocation plug in and freeze EgiGeoZone BT android app. Also, you should be able to eliminate Tasker and simplify your setup. Use BLLan plugin to ping your phones.

Plugins here, when not free, are expensive... I've bought the ones that truly add a lot of value or save me a lot of time creating scripts... Even then, I wrote/released two free scripts where I had a need and plugins didn't exist.

Homeseer doesn't play well as a secondary zwave controller and has issues with migration from Vera's zwave controller... you can see my posts on the subject from just a few months ago. So testing is difficult while running vera as your daily system. I did it successfully, only after figuring out a few things. Homeseer didn't know how it worked. I suspect they have never done it migration from any other system

Overall I'm happy with my current experience... It was more work than I was expecting to migrate. And, as I said, I'm not done.

I'm writing a review, and will post once I have fully finished my setup. Its very detailed outline of the gaps, large and small. And the benefits vs vera...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the new version Zwave+ GE (jasco) paddle dimmers and fan controllers in most rooms. I'm using some enerwave single and double load micro switches tucked behind traditional light switches in various places like for the outdoor lights and stuff in the garage. I have two plug in dimmers, small variety of controlled outlets. A Honeywell Zwave thermostat, a zooz 5 switch power strip, a few door sensors, one door multi sensor with light, temp, DPS. 3 zooz multi sensor motion, temp, humidity. An AD2USB bridging a VISTA128BPT to Vera to report all of its sensors (I've given up on Zwave sensors now due to battery life and the ones I have will be replaced with ones on the intrusion panel). And finally, Imperihome running on a wall mounted tablet for controls and showing status.

I do use the notifications daily to tell me when my wife gets home and she when I get home.... And a few other things.

Comment

Working...
          X