Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    Marty,
    could you give some pictures of that? it sounds very promising!
    Too long ago for pictures but here's a quick and dirty line drawing to give you an idea. It worked out pretty well when I was trying to save space and shove everything into a closet.
    Attached Files
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Making Progress!!!

I've totally spend north of 30 hrs in the batcave. It's not near as done as I want it to be, but I figured I'd show some of the progress anyway. Attached are 4 pictures. I decided to make the spinal cord attachment by just running it up to the top of the room and then letting it droop down to the bottom of the rack. If I need to pull the rack out of the room I've got 5 feet there, which seems to be enough so far. I can get more pictures if anyone cares.

Let me know what you think!
      Attached Files
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I love the power strip - where did you find it?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          Let me know what you think!
          I think you're still not one of those guys plagued with wiring OCD, but it looks exponentially better than the before pictures.

Comment

true! That's actually why I took the before pictures. I don't really care to be an OCD guy who has every wire color coded and every component mounted level, square, and symetrically related to all other components (No offense to those of you that shame us in this way!). I just want my stuff to be organized and look alright, ya know!

So really, I'm going for the most improved award, not the most OCD award!
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis
              I decided to make the spinal cord attachment by just running it up to the top of the room and then letting it droop down to the bottom of the rack. If I need to pull the rack out of the room I've got 5 feet there, which seems to be enough so far. I can get more pictures if anyone cares.
              You know, for your 'spinal cord' run, you could use a bungee connected to an overhead point to keep the wiring out of the way but movable when needed... kind of like the retractable cable supporting the hose at a gas pump.

Comment

rmasonjr
                Do a google on "rack power strips" and you can find a lot of different power strips that may fill your needs. They come in all sorts of configurations. We even had them with alternating color outlets that were fed from different circuits for redundancy in the data center.
                Some can be powered on remotely and some will tell you the power being consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by buvens View Post
                  rmasonjr
                  Do a google on "rack power strips" and you can find a lot of different power strips that may fill your needs. They come in all sorts of configurations. We even had them with alternating color outlets that were fed from different circuits for redundancy in the data center.
                  Some can be powered on remotely and some will tell you the power being consumed.
                  nice - thanks! I've been wanting one very similar to that one.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@ purezerg: What devices are you using in your House Status HS window for things like room temp and humidity and as door sensors (for the fridge/freezer especially). And how are you getting fridge temp info?
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

This is mine
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cactsbob View Post
                        This is mine
                        I saw where you were rebuilding your network this weekend.

You sure did a Fine job of it.

Comment

Didn't take that long either.

Comment

Update on my HA system
                            Attached Files

Comment

You sure thats not Rupp's?

Comment

I am rebuilding in my dad's old house that he left to us when he passed away. Here is where I am so far.
                                Attached Files
                                A computer's attention span is as long
                                as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
                                X