Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my house , and my car,
    Attached Files
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

here is my mk2 version, so far in trying for small and compact
      Attached Files
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
        thought id share mine... now i spent since 10am and a few "Beverage" breaks... but not alot.. WOW it takes alot to rip apart and get up and running again..

i still have a few cameras to get up... edgeport 22/c for brutech (not installed yet) and a few other things but you get the jist...
        update to mine...
        pics seen here.. http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=113

but Saturday was not a nice night..
        long story sorry but has a smile...

so saturday morning my 13yr old went into the basement utility room (where all this is).. and got paper towels. im on the xbox.. Black Ops II tearin it up..
        so I notice the dehumidifier is full.. go to pour it into the sump and notice water all over the utility room floor... long story short thought my hot water heater was bad.. neighbor came over as he does this for a living.. told me how much he would charge...
        then he told my wife... oh all that computer stuff above the sump pump...

(now listen to this part as this is the stuff that I cant stand that people do)..

Hey Julie.. I do not know the electrical codes... but all of that stuff above the sump pump is not to code. You cant have anything electric above the sump pump.... then she started on me...
        For the last 4 years I told you how unsafe that is, how I dont like it, it is messy, etc...

the shortened version.. I ripped everything out...
        nothing but a sump pump remains.. no pic yet. but will post later...

so the story gets better...
        today I call the construction office and talk the the electrical inspector..

I tell him im going to finish my basement and create a utility room and I want to put my internet, cable tv, computer and stuff on the wall above the sump pump. Asked him if that is against code and he said no it isnt..
        I then said I have to run a new circuit for power so how far up or away from the sump does it have to be? He said.. umm you can put the outlet on the ceiling for all I care...

GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! So I ripped it all out for nothing?!?!?!?!? maybe.. maybe not...

gets better.. yes it does..

3 weeks ago I find out my wife and kids are going away for a few days (doesnt happen usually as we do everything mainly together unless each kid has a different sport at that moment)... and I already had plans..

without telling the wife I was going to:

1. repaint kids bathroom - WAF ++++ Factor
        2. Repaint basement steps and bottom where I retouched up - WAF +++ Factor
        3. ready for this.. was going to TOTALLY REALLY CLEAN UP ALL THE WIRING AND MAKE HER HAPPY!!!!!

lowe and behold.. someone that doesnt do something for a line of work has to spark up and fire things off.. now i will still do all this but ugggghhhhhhh..

hence why I havent been replying to threads..

dying to try BLRF!!!!! and not sure what version we are on for the beta..
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Heh - funny story, Jeff...

You ask several electricians about code and I bet you get different answers.
          I had a transfer switch put in last year on my outside box. My electrician was almost in a knock-down fight with the electrical company rep over the height of the 'head'.
          My electrician was positive it was 10.5 feet and the electrical rep was positive it was 11 feet. Turns out my electrician was citing NEC code and the electrical rep was citing their own internal regulations.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            ...Turns out my electrician was citing NEC code and the electrical rep was citing their own internal regulations.
            yeah exactly why i went straight to the township... now i told a lie and said.. im going to finish my basement..

well I have already done so and now my wife wants to get permits!!!

I will smile a smerky smile if he tells me to rip it all out.
            not sure how im going to do it but either tell him it was this way when I moved in (wife doesnt lie...) or just say.. fine i did it without permits and need to get smacked now and get it inspected....
            will improve WAF if inspected.....

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

well my HA has been cleaned up so well..

let me know what you think!!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.

Could you somehow move that shelf over to the left and in front of the sump pump pipe and then your HA stuff would be over to the right?

Word of advice from someone who spends a whole lot of hours in my HA closet, make it nice to what you like. Make it comfortable. Get a nice soft chair or stool and keep it cool in there.

Comment

Good work, Jeff!

Comment

Re: Show us your kit!

My post was all a joke... was showing rack is down and everything. I an slowly putting it back together and wire management... more to come....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

heh - you now have a place to reinstall that rack!

I have realized that I suck at cable management. There are some guys here at work that make cable mgmt look like an art form.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                        well my HA has been cleaned up so well..

let me know what you think!!!!!
                        I think you need more space! Take control of at least the rest of the closet, but I recommend grabbing the entire joining room!

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          heh - you now have a place to reinstall that rack!

I have realized that I suck at cable management. There are some guys here at work that make cable mgmt look like an art form.
                          hah and i got mounting holes too... actually it is hanging back up and i am keeping the wires as clean as i can...

and yeah some people do great.. im still going slow...

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                          I think you need more space! Take control of at least the rest of the closet, but I recommend grabbing the entire joining room!

hah what you dont see is the rest..
                          behind the door on the left is another shelf system... that shelf is there.. then to the right is AC/Heat then Water Heater
                          so no extra room for me to grab...

Comment

Here's my closet, taking pictures is a good idea because it gets you to do those last couple of "things"...

Oh, and every wire is labeled and there is a list, mostly in Excel with just the last 10 or so additions hand written.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jabrans; July 28, 2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

One more picture.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some impressive setups here.

How about a prize for the least amount of kit? I already had a small system as it was, then I halved it and now it is confined to a cupboard about 12" square. All of my low voltage IO and temperature data now comes in via bluetooth so no need for any wired serial connections apart from the X10 interface.
                                Last edited by mrhappy; August 11, 2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X