Intermatic PE653RC MultiWave Z-wave Pool/Spa/Home Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you do it?

Does anyone have a process for integrating the 653 into homeseer.

I want homeseer to see the status of the 5 relays and temperatures only.
    I want the remote that came with it to regulate the pool temperature, not homeseer.

Comment

PE653

I have a Vera and have had one for years. I would dump it in an instant for a controller that will actually run the PE653, as would hundreds (thousands?) of others.

I hate to break it to you guys but you have only scratched the surface of the PE653 and controlling it using z-wave, and especially over IP, which is what we are all looking for.

When the PE653 is connected to a smart pump, like a programmable Variable Speed Intelliflow, it becomes capable of running the 8 various speeds you can independently set, both for speed and time of day they come on. My PE653 runs my VSpump on a complex cycle every day, and also controls my heater, reporting water temp and set temp, plus it could run another 4 other individual switched items if I wanted.

I have had for some time now, control of the heater temp setting and reporting of the current water temp, plus on-off control of the four other switches through a Vera plug in. But this is not what I am after. I want to be able to control the pump speeds and programming online. What has been discussed on this thread is what we already have, but it isn't truly making use of the device. Plus it will soon be able to control much more through an expansion module (valve controls, 2 VSPumps, etc.).

Anyone who can come up with a z-wave controller that can actually control this unit to its full capabilities, ONLINE, stands to make a fortune. The Intermatic unit costs around $400, plus then whatever the right controller would cost. Anything comparable from the dedicated pool manufacturers is running $1800 to start.

I came to this forum hoping to see that HomeSeer was much more progressive and astute by providing full support for this device. I guess I was wrong. If anyone is reading this and knows how to accomplish what I have described (full control with an online interface) contact me. I am looking to put this together and take it to market, as there are thousands of owners, just like me, pining away for this to become a reality.

Rob

Comment

The units talk, but what you need is someone to develop the plug-in that expands upon the access that z-wave gives. There are several qualified programmers here, but you need one with a controller and time
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by luciano View Post
          Does anyone have a process for integrating the 653 into homeseer.

I want homeseer to see the status of the 5 relays and temperatures only.
          I want the remote that came with it to regulate the pool temperature, not homeseer.
          It currently works with the relays and temp out of the box.. I have been unable to also run the portable although it works on paper as a second controller

Comment

season is here and I am finally going to install the unit and get my spa back
            here is a pic of my rebuilt control box ( relays at spa ). After programming, will re-locate to SPA and mount control box on near column

Comment

using HS3 and y new z-net. I deleted the old devices I had been playing with and reinstalled. I have lost my old device set, and now have a new one I don't understand..
              Attached Files

Comment

set the parameter to turn on 8 min fireman timeout
                Attached Files

Comment

because the SPA set point no longer gets made, I had to tell the controller that it was controlling a POOL, then thermostat worked

Off to check out remainer, looks like everything works with the exception of knowing what a energy set point is and where is my spa setpoint.. can we guess a coding error ??

Bug 2696 Entered...

Might actually get this working after all this time.... Only one bug away !!
                  Last edited by gearyt; April 4, 2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

It looks like we never got that problem fixed with bugzilla, I get not authorized when trying to view this bug.

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2696
                    Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                      It looks like we never got that problem fixed with bugzilla, I get not authorized when trying to view this bug.

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2696
                      Tryed to give you access... unable to change, but looks like if you ever reported a bug, then you get access to all ???
                      Be sure you log into Bugzilla, or will be denied..

Comment

here is a quickie of the completed relay box that replaced my computerized PC Board..
                        White is temp cable connect for testing
                        Last edited by gearyt; May 22, 2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                          Tryed to give you access... unable to change, but looks like if you ever reported a bug, then you get access to all ???
                          Be sure you log into Bugzilla, or will be denied..
                          Thanks for trying. I have logged several bugs and was logged into Bugzilla, still can't see this one and all others that are new.
                          Billy

Comment

Why PE653RC

So I'm coming in late to this thread but I've just recently become interested in automating my pool hardware and like others, remote control via the Internet is a primary objective.

I see long-standing frustration over the lack of proper Z-wave communication between the Intermatic PE653RC & Homeseer. And based on the date that this thread began it seems little progress has been made in a number of years.

So as a homeowner who currently has completely manual pool hardware, why would I bother with the PE653RC? I have a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump and I'm thinking I may as well purchase the Intellicom 2 communication module and then mate it to Z-wave relay modules which can fire the appropriate Intermatic valve actuators (connected to a 24VAC transformer) & heater fireman's switch. Then I have complete control of the pump and valves and heater and don't have to fight with proprietary Z-wave within the PE653RC. The only thing I don't get is a local remote but there are lots of inexpensive Z-wave scene button modules that could be permanently mounted and not have battery issues or risk getting lost or damaged.

Any pros or cons that I'm missing?

Comment

Spud has a plugin for a different non-Z-Wave pool/spa controller you might want to check out.

And

Welcome to the forum!
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I checked out the Spud plugin and it's for an Autelis controller but you still need an expensive pool controller (Intellitouch, Goldline, Jandy, Zodiac).

It makes no sense to me to drop $1800 or so on a pool controller and then spend another $270 to buy the Autelis and then connect it all to the Homeseer? I'm going to do some bench testing with a Homeseer SEL, Linear FS20Z relay modules, Intermatic PE24VA actuators and a 24VAC transformer. If it works the way I think it should I'll add the Pentair Intellicom ii pump module for $150 and I should be able to put together a fully functioning pool automation system with web remote control for a fraction of the price and with the simplicity of not having to make three different controllers play nice together.

Comment

Working...
                                X