HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
    I did not change any of my events. I did notice an error message in the log though. I posted the screenshots.
    Not sure what is going on there. Has this ever worked? Here are a few things to look at/try:

- when your players are linked like that but nothing happens, use the Sonos controller and click "Play", do you hear the announcement?
    - Go to the <Hs3 root> directory, subdirectory html/Sonos/Announcements. There should be some (at least 1) .wav files something like Ann_TTSDaytimeAll_0.wav, can you play them with Media player and do they have the right announcement info?

By trying either of the above, if you can hear the announcement, that means something is wrong with either my PI or maybe a firewall issue where the HTTP request from Sonos to the HS PC is not coming through and therefore the file isn't transferred to the Sonos Source player. Another source could be the speaker client. Did you check it's log for errors/info. Using perhaps a special voice?

Another thing to try: I think you have your Speaker device in the Event set as $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$WNET-AUTOMATION:* can you write the full name so WNET-AUTOMATION:xxxxxx or remove the WNET-AUTOMATION:* (and HS3 will automatically append :*) to it. I noted some issue with this yesterday, have it fixed in the next beta, not sure this is the same problem but worth trying.

I also noted that you have Media Room as source player but it is not check marked as destination. Shouldn't be an issue, but never tried it that way, perhaps you should also select Media Room as a destination. If that works, then there is some bug in my program. If you don't want Media Room to participate, then just select another source player, one that does participate, that's the beauty of doing it this way, no need for physical connections, and you can pick any player to play.

Dirk

Comment

- when your players are linked like that but nothing happens, use the Sonos controller and click "Play", do you hear the announcement?
      No Response
      - Go to the <Hs3 root> directory, subdirectory html/Sonos/Announcements. There should be some (at least 1) .wav files something like Ann_TTSDaytimeAll_0.wav, can you play them with Media player and do they have the right announcement info?
      firewall issue where the HTTP request from Sonos to the HS PC is not coming through and therefore the file isn't transferred to the Sonos Source player
      Firewall is disabled
      There are several, all of the are 1KB. They will not play at all. (See attachment)
      Did you check it's log for errors/info.
      Yes. Weird thing is there are no entries in the speaker client log for anything that plays with $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$:*
      Using perhaps a special voice?
      Using Ivona Speech - Emma also tried MS Anna as well, same results.
      Another thing to try: I think you have your Speaker device in the Event set as $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$WNET-AUTOMATION:* can you write the full name so WNET-AUTOMATION:xxxxxx or remove the WNET-AUTOMATION:* (and HS3 will automatically append :*) to it.
      Tried all your recommendations.
      I also noted that you have Media Room as source player but it is not check marked as destination.
      Changed it to Family Room with same results.

I have NEVER been able to get this to work. That is why I connected a cable and used the "Input Option" to begin with. I also attached more screenshots to help with things.

FLASH: I just ran your debug logger and this is what I get when HS3 Boots up:

12/16/2013 3:47:00 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Media Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
      12/16/2013 3:47:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Kristen's Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
      12/16/2013 3:47:14 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
      12/16/2013 3:47:17 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Family Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
      12/16/2013 3:49:41 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Hope this helps.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sean Willoughby; December 16, 2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

No Response
        There are several, all of the are 1KB. They will not play at all. (See attachment)

Yes. Weird thing is there are no entries in the speaker client log for anything that plays with $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$:*
        Using Ivona Speech - Emma also tried MS Anna as well, same results.

Tried all your recommendations.
        Changed it to Family Room with same results.

I have NEVER been able to get this to work. That is why I connected a cable and used the "Input Option" to begin with. I also attached more screenshots to help with things.

FLASH: I just ran your debug logger and this is what I get when HS3 Boots up:

12/16/2013 3:47:00 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Media Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/16/2013 3:47:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Kristen's Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/16/2013 3:47:14 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/16/2013 3:47:17 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Family Room with UPNP Error = -2147219524: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147220224. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/16/2013 3:49:41 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Hope this helps.
        The errors you see are benign, so don't worry about those. They will actually be gone in the next beta.

The problem is that the Speak-to-file function is not working, that's why Sonos nor any other tool can play them because they are empty or corrupt. So we need to focus on that.

One more thing to try: you took the WNET-AUTOMATION out of you device name, let's try to complete the device name and make it $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$WNET-AUTOMATIONefault

You were looking for entries with $SONOS$TTSDaytimeAll$:* but they will never be there, this prefix is for the PI to know it is meant for the PI and is removed before the speaker client is called. I think the log entries are there ("the office windows are now closed"), unless these were made using the audio input mechanism (which means output to sound card for the speaker client versus output to file).

So what can you think of is different on your setup compared to an average setup? Which OS is this running on? Do you use VMs? Do you have a specific Anti-virus or more strict User-Access settings? Is this subdirectory protected in some way? Apart from the selected voice, anything else specific with the speaker client? Is the speaker client running as an "administrator"? When you wrote you tried a different voice, was this in the Speaker Client setting or the Windows TTS setting or both (seem to remember having personally some issues with that)?

Anything else you can think off. Writing to a file is pretty basic so the problem most likely is a settings thing, we may need to figure out which one. Have you searched the forum, seem to remember something similar with VMs as the cause ...

Dirk
        post edit: here is the VM link (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...90#post1071790), probably not related
        Second post edit: Here's another thread with similar issues (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=158887&page=2), start reading from posting #21 and on

Comment

Everything is a standard install on a window 7 box. There is nothing I changed during the install process of HS3 and this is not a VM. UAC is turned off. The logged on user has admin rights... I changed voices using the speaker client. I will keep plugging away.....

Comment

I'm using an Ivona voice here with the plug-in in the non-wired mode without any issues. I'm running W7 x86 not in a VM.

There appears to be a resource leak in HS3 which I have tracked down to the SpeakToFile function but it still works OK here.

Have you tried using SpeakToFile directly? This works OK here and the created file plays fine.

Paul..
            Attached Files

Comment

Okay,

I think we are narrowing it down. I just tried Sooty's test and got the same result. I get a 1KB file that will not play. Not sure why though. Any ideas?

Hmmmm. You don't think it may be that I am running a 64Bit OS?

Comment

Okay,

I think we are narrowing it down. I just tried Sooty's test and got the same result. I get a 1KB file that will not play. Not sure why though. Any ideas?

I'm running a Win7 64 bit OS as well. I once got into some situations where the files were locked by some app .... Can you delete the .wav files out of that directory and try again. I assume you have tried now also with a full devicename?

I like Sooty's suggestion because now you can try other directories. The directory the PI is using, I assume is part of the \Programs Files directory and therefore by default protected. Do you have HS2 and HS3 running on this PC?

Dirk

Comment

Okay,

Check this post (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...em#post1073848) (post #47), remember seeing this way back hence my question what the default Win7 voice is.

Dirk
                  edit go to control panel|Ease Of Access|Speech Recognition|Advanced Speech Options|Text-to_speech tab

Comment

Dirk,

Thanks for the help. I decided to install a window 7 x86 OS instead of the x64 version. After which I installed everything again and copied the HS3 Directory back over the install. Your plugin as well as speaktofile seems to be working! Still have a few config issues with the new install but overall a MAJOR improvement in speech and speech related plug-ins. For me I think it was the 64Bit OS but others seem to have it working on a 64Bit OS. Hmmmm....

Comment

New Sonos HS3 beta v3.0.0.8 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.8
                      • Paired players stay paired through the announcement
                      • Personal changes to button layout/position will not be reverted when the PI restarts
                      • Expiry date extended to March 31st, 2014
                      • Navigation & Playlist box based on new jqListBoxEx control

Comment

Installed 3.0.0.8 and I can confirm that a modified button layout sticks now between re-starts

I did however have issues when re-starting HS after upgrading. The plug-in re-created duplicate player devices although it didn't add the associated devices.

I tried deleting them but they were just re-added at the next re-start so in the end I just deleted all Sonos devices, deleted the Sonos ini file and re-started the plug-in and all devices were recreated properly.

I did have to re-configure my plug-in preferences and link groups but that wasn't too much of a problem.

Paul..

Comment

Delete all devices before upgrading

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                          Installed 3.0.0.8 and I can confirm that a modified button layout sticks now between re-starts

I did however have issues when re-starting HS after upgrading. The plug-in re-created duplicate player devices although it didn't add the associated devices.

I tried deleting them but they were just re-added at the next re-start so in the end I just deleted all Sonos devices, deleted the Sonos ini file and re-started the plug-in and all devices were recreated properly.

I did have to re-configure my plug-in preferences and link groups but that wasn't too much of a problem.

Paul..
                          My bad, I've been messing with the PI name (changed from Sonos -> Sonoscontroller -> Sonos) and that causes the duplicate entries.

Delete all Sonos HS devices before upgrading (PI Config page, click Delete all players button, stop HS3).

If you have already upgraded, you either know which were the old devices and delete them straight off the HS device management page. If you don't remember which they were, go to the Sonos Config page, click on delete all players, go to the device management page, now delete all the Sonos HS devices that are still there. Restart HS3.

Sorry for that.

Dirk

Comment

Is there an option to have a SONOS TTS setup be included in all speak events. Everytime I create a speak event, I have the window which shows my pc, then I need to add another speaker entry. Would be great to have it default whenever there is a speak event.

Perhaps you can, I'm still learning the plug in

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
                              Is there an option to have a SONOS TTS setup be included in all speak events. Everytime I create a speak event, I have the window which shows my pc, then I need to add another speaker entry. Would be great to have it default whenever there is a speak event.

Perhaps you can, I'm still learning the plug in

thanks
                              No such thing and very restrictive as ALL speech will go to ONE type of link group. Would be nice if HS3 could remember the device when "added" in that little speaker client window so you don't have to always type it in.

Dirk

Comment

I get the following error when starting HS with the Sonos playing a radio station

dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos InitializeSonosDevices: Done Initializing Sonos Devices
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Keuken with index 1
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos GetPagePlugin for Zoneplayer = Keuken set ZoneUDN = RINCON_000E588FC48A01400
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos CreateWebLink called with ZoneUDN = RINCON_000E588FC48A01400 and PageName = PlayerControl:RINCON_000E588FC48A01400
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos HS updated in UpdateHS. HS Code = 8
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos DeviceTrigger called for Zone - Keuken with Trigger = Sonos Player Stop
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos PlayChangeNotifyCallback called for Zone - Keuken with ChangeType = PlayStatusChanged and Changevalue = Stopped and SendDeviceTrigger = True
                                dec-31 17:01:37 RFXCOM (HSEvent) called for device:S08 Changed from:0 to:933
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos DeviceTrigger called for Zone - Keuken with Trigger = Sonos Track Change
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos PlayChangeNotifyCallback called for Zone - Keuken with ChangeType = SongChanged and Changevalue = Stopped and SendDeviceTrigger = True
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (% played) = 100
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (Queue Position) = 1
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (Track Duration) = 0:00:00
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (Track Position Seconds) = 933
                                dec-31 17:01:37 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (Track Position) = 0:15:33
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo PositionInfo (Streamcontent/Title) =
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo(Source) = Stream Radio
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos UpdateRadioStationsInfo updated RadioStation = Learned - VRT Studio Brussel for Zone = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos UpdateRadioStationsInfo called for Zone = Keuken with CurrentURI x-sonosapi-stream:s2611?sid=254&flags=32
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo (Internet Radio Art) = x-sonosapi-stream:s2611?sid=254&flags=32
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo (Internet Radio) =
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo (title) = VRT Studio Brussel
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo (MediaInfo/Title) = VRT Studio Brussel
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Keuken TrackInfo (CurrentURI) = x-sonosapi-stream:s2611?sid=254&flags=32
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos GetcurrentTrackInfo called for zoneplayer - Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos GetSoftwareVersion called for zoneplayer Keuken with SW version = 4.2
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos MPAdd added IPAddress = 192.168.0.97 and ClientName = RINCON_000E588FC48A01400 to its ping list. IPAddress list count = 1
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos CheckDeviceIsOnLine pinged IPAddress = 192.168.0.97 successfully
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos IPAddress for zoneplayer = Keuken = 192.168.0.97
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Keuken when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos GetLoudnessState called for ZonePlayer = Keuken with values Channel=Master and DeviceStatus =Online
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos GetMuteState called. DeviceStatus =Online
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos UpdateBalance is setting HS Status for ZoneName - Keuken with Value = 0 and HSRef = 22
                                dec-31 17:01:36 Sonos GetVolumeLevel called for ZonePlayer = Keuken with values Channel=RF and DeviceStatus =Online
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos GetVolumeLevel called for ZonePlayer = Keuken with values Channel=LF and DeviceStatus =Online
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos GetVolumeLevel called for ZonePlayer = Keuken with values Channel=Master and DeviceStatus =Online
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos DevicePropertiesCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos AudioInCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos AlarmClock ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos GroupManagement ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos ZoneGroupTopology ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos ContentDirectory ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos RenderingControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:35 Sonos AvTransportCallback added for zoneplayer = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Keuken added Image = /images/Sonos/Artwork/PlayerIcon_S5.png for HSRef = 8
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Keuken stored Icon at Sonos\Artwork\PlayerIcon_S5.png
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Keuken found IconURL = http://192.168.0.97:1400/img/icon-S5.png
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Keuken with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E588FC48A01400 and Model = S5
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos SetAdministrativeState called for device - Keuken and Active = True
                                dec-31 17:01:34 Sonos SetHSDeviceRefPlayer called for zone - Keuken with HS Ref = 8
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E588FC48A01400
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Info Plug-in Sonos with instance RINCON_000E588FC48A01400 has connected successfully
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:2013
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:2012
                                dec-31 17:01:33 RFXCOM (HSEvent) called for device:Master Changed from:100 to:101
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos AddInstance called with InstanceName = RINCON_000E588FC48A01400
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos CreateSonosControllers: found 1 Device Codes
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos SetDeviceStringConnected called
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos BuildHSSonosDevices found Zone Name = Keuken
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos BuildHSSonosDevices: looking for Keuken in ZoneInfo and Refresh = False
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 1 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos FindZonePlayers for zoneplayer = Keuken found IconURL = http://192.168.0.97:1400/img/icon-S5.png
                                dec-31 17:01:33 Sonos FindZonePlayers found Zone Name = Keuken and Stored in ZoneInfo at Index = 0 with UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E588FC48A01400 Friendly Name = 192.168.0.97 - Sonos PLAY:5 and Icon = kitchen
                                dec-31 17:01:32 Sonos Warning FindZonePlayers found non Sonos device with UDN = uuid:00:0c:29:db:2b:61 Friendly Name = HomeSeer(vm_homeseer)
                                dec-31 17:01:31 Sonos FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 2 ZonePlayer(s) found.

thanks for your work 1

Comment

Working...
                                X