X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup problems with the plugin

Hey
    I'm trying to config the plugin.
    I followed the online manual https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ro96vbdGc/edit

And got stuck.
    1. I don't know from where I need to get update_overide.txt file
    2. I don't have "tools" menu for broadcasting ip.

Any help will be great.

I think it's a little dated. The plugin is available under manage plugins.

Comment

Is there some updated doc for configuring this plugin?

All I need to configure is to trigger some on/off switches on HS3 from tasker.

Comment

Originally posted by dondi View Post
        Is there some updated doc for configuring this plugin?

All I need to configure is to trigger some on/off switches on HS3 from tasker.
        unfortunately not, I'm working on a new version of the plugin and engine so most focus is on this. But there is examples in the HS3 Samples tab in Tasker. Off & On, Just change the %HsRef number to your device.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tried it and no go.
          I've looked in the plugin settings for my device number under "list device ref"
          and entered the number in the "off" example on tasker and ran it, nothing happend.

tried to ran an event with %HSCommand, nothing happened as well.

Any help will be appreciated

Comment

Tried it and no go.
            and entered the number in the "off" example on tasker and ran it, nothing happend.

Could you start the plugin in debug / console mode and see if there is any activity when you run the command?
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

The debug is active, Where can I find the file?

Comment

The debug is active, Where can I find the file?
                I think you enabled the debug from tasker plugin? If yes, you will find it here. C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\tasker
                You can also see the live traffic if you enable the "Developer Mode" under plugin page but you need to restart the plugin so it open the console window.
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tried it and no go.

Hi dondi,

The first time you use this plugin it can be abit confusing. What is referred to as "device ref list" is a list of all devices already in HomeSeer. You may need to create your own but you can also use some of those if you strip off the replacement variables. In other words you need the number only if you are not scripting.
                  Look at this post here for an easy startup: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174452
                  Sometimes it also helps if you take screenshots of the problems you are facing ("A picture can tell a thousand words").

Note: I assume that your device (phone or tablet) is already connected to HomeSeer.

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

ok
                    i've checked the debug log after sending my command and I sew 2 new entries
                    "21/04/2016 11:47:41 - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                    21/04/2016 11:47:42 - DEBUG: strword=tab1"

i've attached 2 screenshots of my config for my "living room light" switch
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok
                      i've checked the debug log after sending my command and I sew 2 new entries
                      "21/04/2016 11:47:41 - DEBUG: strword=tab1
                      21/04/2016 11:47:42 - DEBUG: strword=tab1"

i've attached 2 screenshots of my config for my "living room light" switch

Ok dondi,

For each of the events you create from the phone or from HomeSeer, there has to be a trigger. So if you are creating events to HomeSeer can you please structure your events like in the examples in the link I posted above. In regards to devices, they can eigther have an ON/OFF (1 or 0)or a status value say 0-100 like you are trying to do.
                      In order for your events to react in HomeSeer from the phone please setup your Tasker events like in this link: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174452
                      If you click on the (any) device names on the HomeSeer web page for each device created in HomeSeer you see the device settings. So if you click on the advanced button you can see the values and strings used for each particullar device.
                      Expeliment with the examples and you will soon see how it's done and then you can move on to scripting. And also read through the other (Tasker) threads for some good ideas.

I hope this helps.

Eman.

Comment

Hey Eman
                        for now i'm trying to control ON/OFF, for my "living room light"
                        the REF is 33 and the on/off is 0/100 , I changed the values in tasker to 100 for on.

and still nothing is happening.
                        I'm suspecting that my phone isn't connected properly to HS.
                        because now there is no new entry in the debug after sending the command.

Comment

Hey Eman
                          for now i'm trying to control ON/OFF, for my "living room light"
                          the REF is 33 and the on/off is 0/100 , I changed the values in tasker to 100 for on.

and still nothing is happening.
                          I'm suspecting that my phone isn't connected properly to HS.
                          because now there is no new entry in the debug after sending the command.
                          Ok,
                          In Tasker add another command at the bottom of your event:

%HSCommand to DeviceUpdate

This is the trigger which makes the event fire.

If settings in tasker went well then everything should work.

Again follow the examples in the link above to create your events.

NOTE: when creating devices they should be referenced in Tasker just like in the examples of devices created with the Tasker plugin. Thus they must exist first in HomeSeer.

Eman.
                          Last edited by Eman; April 21, 2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Hi dondi,

The attached image is an example for charging the phone

Eman.

Comment

The image did not upload!

Eman.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Eman; April 21, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X