Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Pause or Stopping iTunes

Hi,

I just bought the iTunes DAAP and the Kincet plugin...awesome..

I am able to speak to the Kinect and play a radio station, however I can't find any action on the iTunes DAAP Action to "Pause" or Stop.

Since I just installed the plugin I rebooted both the PC and HS3Pro to be sure I wasn't missing something.

How do you pause or stop music?

Thanks
    Chris
    FOUND SOLUTION!
    Last edited by clafa; May 29, 2015, 10:48 PM. Reason: Found Solution

I see you found the solution by yourself.
    Just for the record, to play/pause you don't need a specific iTunes DAAP action, you can use a "Control a Device" action, select the "iTunes DAAP Status" device, and then select the play or pause value.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Not sure if it is only my set-up or an iTunes limitation but the "Control Device : Status" Actions "Play" and "Pause" actually toggles instead of only performing their own specific command i.e. if I run an event with Pause it will Pause but if already paused that same event will Play. Same thing with Play.

Identical behavior on HS web interface. If I click "Pause" it will pause but if I click on it again it will now play.

I'm trying to have Pause only pause and Play only play.

Thanks for your input.

Running on (3.0.0.27)

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        Hi Spud,

Not sure if it is only my set-up or an iTunes limitation but the "Control Device : Status" Actions "Play" and "Pause" actually toggles instead of only performing their own specific command i.e. if I run an event with Pause it will Pause but if already paused that same event will Play. Same thing with Play.

Identical behavior on HS web interface. If I click "Pause" it will pause but if I click on it again it will now play.

I'm trying to have Pause only pause and Play only play.

Thanks for your input.

Running on (3.0.0.27)

Michel
        you're right, there is no command that only pause, or only play. I think this by design as in the iTunes interface there is a single button for pause/play that you toggle.

I could make the plug-in only send the play command if the status is currently "Paused" but that may be dangerous as if for some reason the status hasn't been correctly refreshed, it would be impossible to make iTunes play again from HS.

However if that really bothers you you could add this condition at the event level:

IF (your trigger)
        AND IF iTunes DAAP Status has a value equal to Pause
        THEN Set Device iTunes DAAP Status to Play

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          However if that really bothers you you could add this condition at the event level:

IF (your trigger)
          AND IF iTunes DAAP Status has a value equal to Pause
          THEN Set Device iTunes DAAP Status to Play
          Thanks Spud. This is what I ended-up doing but taught I was taking the long road for nothing.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X