Double Tap Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Tap Switches

Ok so a guy I work with does not use Homeseer; however, he is using a Samsung SmartThings v2 which Alexa is tied in. He said he can do double tap... and I'm curious if and/or how you do this in HS?

he said..
    Double Tap is only with the custom device handler. The one built-in to SmartThings does not access it. It's a SmartThings thing. Way to put in custom code rather than use their own code.

so I'm new at this end and don't know anything about it... curious if someone can shed some light. Is this due to the Samsung SmartThings ability? will I be able to do this as well?

he pointed me here, where this guy says the switches support double tap... ?
    https://community.smartthings.com/t/...-options/85234
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Ok so a guy I work with does not use Homeseer; however, he is using a Samsung SmartThings v2 which Alexa is tied in. He said he can do double tap... and I'm curious if and/or how you do this in HS?

he said..
    Double Tap is only with the custom device handler. The one built-in to SmartThings does not access it. It's a SmartThings thing. Way to put in custom code rather than use their own code.

so I'm new at this end and don't know anything about it... curious if someone can shed some light. Is this due to the Samsung SmartThings ability? will I be able to do this as well?

he pointed me here, where this guy says the switches support double tap... ?
    https://community.smartthings.com/t/...-options/85234
    It is my understanding the GE 14294 ZWave dimmer has double tap functionality, there may be a binary switch as well - maybe GE 14291. It is a feature of the dimmer, not unique to Smartthings. It is not clear if this is a firmware update or a whole new dimmer. It is a Central Scene child just like the HomeSeer dimmers. If HomeSeer adds the support for this device, you will be able to use the feature. Or you could purchase HomeSeer HS-Wx100+ or HS-Wx200+ devices
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      .. Or you could purchase HomeSeer HS-Wx100+ or HS-Wx200+ devices
      thanks for that knowledge!!!!!

and umm yeah I would.. if they had toggle switch style switches... Decora switches are not WAF approved and an installation failure in my house...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I'm a little confused by the WAF factor comment as the HS Switches are not Decora. Were you saying; in 'your' establishment only Decora switches have WAF?

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
          I'm a little confused by the WAF factor comment as the HS Switches are not Decora. Were you saying; in 'your' establishment only Decora switches have WAF?
          No, his wife only likes toggle switches. The HS switches are Decora styled. Decora is a style launched by Leviton using the approximately 1x3 rectangular opening.

Comment

Ohh, you mean the old-school switches. lol forgot about those, I thought Decora were the 'Bottom paddle' only things. Glad we cleared that up. ;-)

Comment

No, his wife only likes toggle switches. The HS switches are Decora styled. Decora is a style launched by Leviton using the approximately 1x3 rectangular opening.
              yup... Id buy some but not "Julie" approved.... better tagging vs WAF????

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              Ohh, you mean the old-school switches. lol forgot about those, I thought Decora were the 'Bottom paddle' only things. Glad we cleared that up. ;-)
              hah sorry for the confusion. Yes - no toggle, no install!!!!

Comment

It's funny, in my house Decora style have a higher WAF

Comment

The double-tap feature has been a hit in my house, especially for the kids. They love to "double-click" any switch to turn their room completely off or on.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                    It's funny, in my house Decora style have a higher WAF
                    That was the case here. In fact I was "urged" (read I had no choice but) to replace all the switches to the newer style. While I don't really see a difference between toggle and paddle switches, my wife says the paddle style is easier to operate in the dark. I think it is more that she wants them all the same.

Comment

That was the case here. In fact I was "urged" (read I had no choice but) to replace all the switches to the newer style. While I don't really see a difference between toggle and paddle switches, my wife says the paddle style is easier to operate in the dark. I think it is more that she wants them all the same.
                      at least paddle was your option!!!!!!

so anyway.. no way to get the GE to double tap???

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                        at least paddle was your option!!!!!!

so anyway.. no way to get the GE to double tap???
                        If the GE switches are instant-status, you could use HS counters to simulate a double-tap. I could have sworn @macromark had a video on using counters to count the taps and trigger events.
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          If the GE switches are instant-status, you could use HS counters to simulate a double-tap. I could have sworn @macromark had a video on using counters to count the taps and trigger events.
                          When I had Cooper dimmers and for my MiniMotes, I used counters and timers for multiple button presses. I started a timer with the first press, incremented a counter with each press and evaluated the counter when the timer reached 2 seconds. I sort of covered it in the 3rd post in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X