Nabaztag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    I used to handle an apache server just to have the Nabaztag not depending on Violet server, using OpenNab, wich was excellent.
    There has been some changes a few month ago in the rabbit's firmware, in order to have them working in another way with Violet's server (Jabber).
    This prevents to use OpenNab, but I have to say that the result is very good, there is almost no delay.
    There were many problems on Violet's servers in the past, wich made the Nab's community very angry, but everything is better now and I am very happy with the standard settings now.
    That's good to know

thank you.

Comment

OK I have received my Nabaztag . This is much more than a simple toy...

To start, I will use it as a specialized speaker client and see how it goes. I plan on setting it up as an IAD (Intelligent Announcement Device).

My setup will include a proximity detector to detect whenever somebody is standing in front of it or passes by it. Somebody standing by it will trigger a predefined annoucement sequence (meteo, stock quotes, news, tell a joke, make a wise crack, etc). The announcement will also be different depending on the time of day.

(By the way, the voice quality of these is very good and they speak a large number of languages including, english, spanish, french, italian, Deutsch, etc...!). All you have to do is send the written text and it is spoken almost immediately by the nabaztag.

The rest of the time (ie when nobody is standing in front of it) its announcements will be more inconspicuous.

I have two devices that I'm considering using as a proximity detector. One is a car backup alarm with a short range object detection that I got on ebay.

The other is an old Robodog unit that I rigged to act as a proximity sensor (sends an X10 RF code to HS instead of barking...)

The Nabaztag will eventually make use of an integrated RFID reader that could be used to do something similar, however, this has not been implemented yet.

Joel
      Last edited by fran_joel; June 23, 2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Looks like I'll soon be joining the Nabaztag club. My wife taped a photo of one in my B-day card today, so I assume my little bunny is on the way!

Can't wait to give it a try. It should be a hit with house guests and friends, who already think I'm crazy

Don

Comment

I just orderd one and it is on the way, The wife is very exited.

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe View Post
            It should be a hit with house guests and friends, who already think I'm crazy

Don
            You've got nothing to lose then.

I'm not at the CRAZY Label ... yet (more like WEIRD).

I'll probably get the CRAZY when people see my Nabaztag...

Comment

yes, you are right, the Nabaztag helps a lot for the crazy label ...
              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                The first version of Nabaztag will work, but the answer will come with a slightly long delay, too long for home automation purpose.
                I just did the initial setup of my nabaztag (2nd generation), and when I send an email to "mynabaztag@nabaztag.com" it can take quite a few minutes for the bunny to speak the message. Pierre, does yours respond faster to email?

Thanks,
                Don

Comment

Don,

You will not have instant answer using just the email feature of yout Nab'.
                  There is an API you must use .
                  You will find it here: http://doc.nabaztag.com/api/

The script I have posted is based on this API.
                  There is a script snippet example in the first lines of the script that you can use for your first tests.

Have fun

Pierre
                  Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Thanks very much Pierre!
                    Don

Comment

To test the API functions, use this site :

http://www.nabzone.com/tstnewapi.php

Just enter your serial code and Token at the top of the page and off you go...

Joel

Comment

Working...
                      X