Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create an event that does this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create an event that does this?

Here is what I need to do:

I want to create an event that will fire if either of my KR10A security remote are changed to Arm Away-Min.

I tried setting a condition event but the only option for the KR10A devices is (Is Arm Away-Min), which fires constantly when I arm either remote.

Is there a way to choose a (Changed to Arm Away-Min) option in a condition event?

Current my condition for the event says this in the Events web interface:

Device: House Security Remote (Bob) is Arm Away - Min
    OR
    Device: House Security Remote (Trista) is Arm Away - Min

But this fires constantly. I did not see a changed to option
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade, in 1.7.44, anyway, you should have a trigger called "RF Security Device Trigger" Once slected, you should have options in two drop-downs that are "Select Mode" and "Select Trigger." Leave "Select Mode" at "Any State," and change "Select Trigger" to "Received Arm-Away" This will cause the event to trigger when it receives an "Arm-Away" signal from any of your remotes.

I have three major security remote events, one each for "Arm-Away," "Arm-Home," and "Disarm" (Disarm does the same thing wheter armed home or away, but you can change the "Select Mode" option to have different events fire based on if the system is already aremed home/away or disarmed. I have a total of 5 security remotes (2-key chain and three palm-type) and they all work great.

Bottom line is you want a "received" rather than "changed to" kind of event. I'm guessing that you're trying to use conditions with a device, rather than using the RF Security Device Trigger I mentioned above. remember, once you set the RF device trigger, you can still add additional conditions to it... it's the best of both worlds.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

John,

I do not see that option in HS 2.0

On a side note, I setup one of my DS10As like you have it. I created virtual device for it and then I added the virtual device as a motion sensor in DooMotion and changed the device strings to what I wanted. I made sure to put the trigger code of the actuall W800 device.

When the window opens, it does not update the device string of the virtual device that I assigned in Doomotion and it does not update it either when
      the window is closed.

It looks like it was updated the first time the window opened, but will not change again now.

I have attached what my new virtual device for the window looks like in DooMotion.

Any ideas?
      Attached Files
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

This is weird.

It seems that the device string is changing but is taking a bit of time to do it. The open seems quick but the close takes a bit even tho I see the W800 device changed to Off as soon as it happens.

Could this have to do with the motion sensor timings?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Blade, we need to get Jon to add the RF triggers to the 2.0 plugin - I'll be lost without them!

You are right about that second part being weird. On my 1.7.44 system, the changes to the DM and W800 trigger device happen simultaneously. I have my W800 security devices acting as security devices (with the normal/alert commands) rather than just on/off commands, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

It might just be two "young" HS 2.0 plugins (which were "mature" HS 1.x plugins) still getting issues worked out - and each's issues is amplified by the other... However, I'm leaning towards it being a DM issue. Here's an idea to test it.

1. Make a device on a house/unit code you're not using, say t3 - better yet use a house/unit code you can actually control with an X10 or Z-Wave device, or use an existing X10/Zwave device.

2. Once you've created a new or chosen an existing device, go to the DM device list, have it display all devices, right click the device you chose/created and select create virtual device.

3. Give your virtual device whatever available house/unit code you want and leave everything else default.

4. Exit out of all the DM windows

5. Now, send a command that will cause your trigger device to change from on to off and off to on, etc. Monitor how long of a delay there is between when you send a command to the trigger device and the DM device reflects the change. If it is near-instantaneous, then the problem you're having is between the W800 and DM plugins (because, as this test showed, DM is responding to other devices instantly). If a delay persists no matter what the trigger device is, then the problem is with DM (because it delays no matter what the trigger is).
          John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

The triggers are there in 2.0 (It is the same plugin for 1.7 and 2.0 - just some of the code having to deal with device creation and management and threading has to be different in 2.0)

Did you enable the software security system? That's how you get the software security system triggers.

Jon
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I enabled it and now it works. Thanks Jon!
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda
                Blade, in 1.7.44, anyway, you should have a trigger called "RF Security Device Trigger" Once slected, you should have options in two drop-downs that are "Select Mode" and "Select Trigger." Leave "Select Mode" at "Any State," and change "Select Trigger" to "Received Arm-Away" This will cause the event to trigger when it receives an "Arm-Away" signal from any of your remotes.

I have three major security remote events, one each for "Arm-Away," "Arm-Home," and "Disarm" (Disarm does the same thing wheter armed home or away, but you can change the "Select Mode" option to have different events fire based on if the system is already aremed home/away or disarmed. I have a total of 5 security remotes (2-key chain and three palm-type) and they all work great.

Bottom line is you want a "received" rather than "changed to" kind of event. I'm guessing that you're trying to use conditions with a device, rather than using the RF Security Device Trigger I mentioned above. remember, once you set the RF device trigger, you can still add additional conditions to it... it's the best of both worlds.

John,

I tried this but when I press Arm or Disarm on the security remote, nothing happens in HS.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Has anyone else had any issues with the RF Security Device Trigger for Security remotes.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade
                    Has anyone else had any issues with the RF Security Device Trigger for Security remotes.
                    When you say nothing happens - does that mean that no device in the HomeSeer screen changes at all? There should be two changes, one for the device itself and one for the security system. I am assuming that you have the remote enrolled in the system. Or do you mean that the devices are changing on the screen but your events don't seem to be firing?

Jon
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon,

The actual devices in HS that I setup thru the W800 change status just fine, but my event which is triggers when "received arm-away" does not trigger and neither does the disarm trigger

I guess the security system change is not happening because the actual devices change just fine from Arm Away - Min to Disarm.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Jon, Any ideas?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Do you see the security system status device change state? If so then check the HS log for a line that says "Info" and mentions your trigger. Also make sure you are using the system state of "any" in your trigger.

If you see the system change state and your trigger does not occur (no "Info" entry) then you might be seeing a bug in HomeSeer that has been showing up every once in a long while. We can't quite figure out what is happening with it but it seems to be pretty rare.

If you don't see the system change state then try turning off the security system option, rebooting HS, then turning it back on.

Jon
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                            Do you see the security system status device change state? If so then check the HS log for a line that says "Info" and mentions your trigger. Also make sure you are using the system state of "any" in your trigger.

If you see the system change state and your trigger does not occur (no "Info" entry) then you might be seeing a bug in HomeSeer that has been showing up every once in a long while. We can't quite figure out what is happening with it but it seems to be pretty rare.

If you don't see the system change state then try turning off the security system option, rebooting HS, then turning it back on.

Jon
                            Jon,

The actual device (^10) chages status in HS just fine, but it does not fire the Event. I have attached a screenshot of what my event trigger looks like.

The security system status device does not change.

I tried turning off the security system option and rebooted, then turned it back on and it still did not fire the events but the device is changing in HS just fine.
                            Attached Files
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

The Device ^10 isn't what the trigger will key from, it should be ^3 I think. Does the software security system device change states?

Try downloading and running 1.0.0.5. Delete your keyfob devices and turn off the security system setting. Now turn of the security system and add the keyfobs back. Does the security system state change properly (not the keyfob state)

Jon
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X