This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Only If Conditions Are TRUE not showing up

'Run Only If Conditions Are TRUE' is not showing up under the ADVANCED view in my Manually Triggered with Conditions events.

The Conditions I have established, 'Time is anytime after sunset', AND 'Time is anytime before sunrise' seem to be ignored. The event is run regardless.

HS Pro 2.5.0.4 on my HomeTroller.

Thank you,
    Chris Shaker

IIRC it shows up only if you trigger the event from another event (ie it becomes an action) - is this what you are doing?

Comment

I'm not sure that event would fire anyway since you would never have the condition of after sunset and before sunrise be true in the same day. HomeSeer runs on a 24 hour clock with midnight being the switching time. When I have events that I need to carry over the midnight hour like this I do a virtual device and have an event that triggers it on at say sunset and off at sunrise. Then I use that virtual device as the trigger or a condition in my events.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        I'm not sure that event would fire anyway since you would never have the condition of after sunset and before sunrise be true in the same day. HomeSeer runs on a 24 hour clock with midnight being the switching time. When I have events that I need to carry over the midnight hour like this I do a virtual device and have an event that triggers it on at say sunset and off at sunrise. Then I use that virtual device as the trigger or a condition in my events.
        I also set up a "Is Nightime" Virtual Device with Yes No variables that is used to detect and set events between sunset and sunrise.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

You can also do it without the virtual using two sets of conditions in an event but it's easier with the virtual if you use that same condition in several events.

After Sunset
          and
          before 12.00am
          OR
          After 12.00am
          and
          before sunrise
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Yes, I am attempting to run one event from another

Yes, I am attempting to run one event from another event. I got the 'Run Only If Conditions Are TRUE' box to show up in the top level event under advanced ONCE, for the first motion detector. It did not show up again for that event, and it did not show up on the top level events for the other motion detectors.

I have multiple motion detectors outside. There is a top level event for each one. The first one is FrontDoorMotionOn, Trigger is 'Insteon Special Triggers'. I have 'Apply Conditions' checked, the plug in specific trigger is Occupancy Sensor transmits an On Command. Conditions under Group 1 are Time is anytime after sunset, and anytime before sunrise. The action is to run the event OutsideLightsOnFromMotion. I have advanced view enabled, and the 'Run Only If Condtitions Are True' box is no longer showing up. It did show up once, and I set it. It no longer shows up, no matter what I do.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            IIRC it shows up only if you trigger the event from another event (ie it becomes an action) - is this what you are doing?
            Chris Shaker

Comment

Been playing with virtual devices

I've been playing with virtual devices. However, I can't seem to make any conditions based on their state. My HomeSeer only wants to offer me conditions based on time.

Chris Shaker

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post

Comment

Originally posted by cjshaker View Post
                I've been playing with virtual devices. However, I can't seem to make any conditions based on their state. My HomeSeer only wants to offer me conditions based on time.

Chris Shaker
                What exactly are you trying to do?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Chris Shaker
                  You should have choices for device status change, device value change or you could choose condition and then use the device as a condition and you get even more choices.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

I've been playing with virtual devices. However, I can't seem to make any conditions based on their state. My HomeSeer only wants to offer me conditions based on time.Chris Shaker
                    Are you saying that this drop-down box has only one entry when you click on the down arrow?
                    Attached Files
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I was wrong, device conditions do show up

Device conditions are showing up in my 'MotionDetected' event, which my top level Insteon Motion events all call. Maybe I just missed it before?

I defined two groups, one to enable the action if the outside lights are off, and the other to enable the action if the lights were turned on from a motion event.

The action is to remove the delayed event trigger that turns off outside lights, turn on the virtual device indicating that lights are on from motion, turn the outside lights on, and also enqueues the delayed lights off event.

Chris Shaker

Chris Shaker

Comment

What I'm trying to do

What I've got is several motion detectors around my house, with several switches controlling the outside lights.

When any motion is detected outside at night, if the outside lights are off, I want the outside motion event to turn on all of the outside lights for fifteen minutes, then turn them off. Any further motion detected should reset the timer to keep the outside lights on for another fifteen minutes.

If the outside lights are already on, from a sunset timer, or from manually being turned on, I want them to stay on, and don't want the motion events to mess with them.

Chris Shaker

Comment

When any motion is detected outside at night, if the outside lights are off, I want the outside motion event to turn on all of the outside lights for fifteen minutes, then turn them off. Any further motion detected should reset the timer to keep the outside lights on for another fifteen minutes.
                          This part can be accomplished pretty easily, I think. Create a virtual device that acts as a 'master status' for your outside lights. When motion is detected, run an event that turns on your outside lights and cycles the status of the master status device off, then on. You can then have an event with a conditional trigger: if the master status device has been on for at least 15 min, turn off the lights and the master status virtual device. (Note that every time motion is detected the on time of the virtual device will be reset to zero.)

If the outside lights are already on, from a sunset timer, or from manually being turned on, I want them to stay on, and don't want the motion events to mess with them.
                          This part can get pretty messy. How will HS know that a light was turned on manually?
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                          X