First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    The chirp and the "battery low warning" don't appear to be synch'd together. You'd think they would be, but I guess not.

If the 78% were accurate, then it does seem odd to me too. Z-Wave battery devices are notoriously inaccurate though... so not sure you can base anything on that. Bottom line... if you want to be notified before the chirping starts, you'll probably need to do the event I suggested. It will be interesting to see when your 70% unit starts chirping.
    I can easily create the alert. . .I guess I just want to make sure I change the batteries when they need to be. . .I don't care if I hear the chirping. I would like to know that the alerts are actually catching a low battery state (or that is what the chirping really means). I guess what I am wondering is if the ZSmoke ZWave scale isn't out of 100. . .so we should have 70ish as the bottom of the battery scale. . .?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      I can easily create the alert. . .I guess I just want to make sure I change the batteries when they need to be. . .I don't care if I hear the chirping. I would like to know that the alerts are actually catching a low battery state (or that is what the chirping really means). I guess what I am wondering is if the ZSmoke ZWave scale isn't out of 100. . .so we should have 70ish as the bottom of the battery scale. . .?
      You don't care if you hear the chirping? That wouldn't fly in my house! The unit to unit variations on reported battery level of just about any Z-Wave device are sometimes pretty big. I've learned from experience to note the battery power at or about the point a device no longer works predictably and I use that for notifications. In the case of my ZCOMBO, that will be at the point mine starts to chirp.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The chirping just lets the non HS admin occupant know that it is time to change the batteries. I guess that is unfortunate. . .and one reason ZWave devices haven't flown much in the non-tech household. . .I can't imagine considering that type of inconsistent battery level acceptable.

Comment

Techfan what was the time period from when you put the battery in to the first chirp sound(78% battery level?)
          Would love to put like 5 of these in my house, but if they start chirping at different battery levels and at 78% battery level( if this is true) these smokes wouldn't stay up for long.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          The chirping just lets the non HS admin occupant know that it is time to change the batteries. I guess that is unfortunate. . .and one reason ZWave devices haven't flown much in the non-tech household. . .I can't imagine considering that type of inconsistent battery level acceptable.
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Ive got the buyin from wife on these so i too am curious...battery chirping at 25% would be acce0table but 78%?

Ill buy rechareables then

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Seems there are a lot more smartthings and vera users using these or so the google search finds.
              From reading a few of their post it seems, these unit start chirping when the battery falls below 80%.

from the ST forum:
              "I've had my detectors for several months, and the only time they've chirped was to alert me on low battery, typically anything below 80%. The only thing they report in the event log is battery level, and don't test themselves unless the button is pushed. If yours are chirping, check your battery level."

So how many months does it take to get a fresh set of batteries to 80%?
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I have had mine for about two years. . .I don't think I have changed batteries more then 3 times at the most. . .so they last plenty well. . .but the battery scale isn't accurate. I haven't ever recorded when I changed my batteries, so I need to start doing that to keep track.

It seems that the reported status could be adjusted by customizing the graphic level pairs, but I haven't tried that. I have wondered if there is any documentation that specifies that the battery levels are supposed to work differently than the 0-100 scale.

Comment

Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this importing this device in HS2. Reading this post it should not be an issue using the Z-troller serial. I have firmware version 1.17. It is adding the device to the Z-troller but when I try to import it I get.

Found node 48. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
                  Failed to get basic node information from new node 48, cannot continue to load this node.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                  Marcel

Comment

First Alert Z Combo

Added Z Combo with no problem but unable to send e-mail upon triggering Alarm Test event with either my att.net account (error log says possible SSL problem) or with GMAIL...I get the following message from Google when I try to use it...Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxx from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.

Thoughts?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobpak View Post
                      Added Z Combo with no problem but unable to send e-mail upon triggering Alarm Test event with either my att.net account (error log says possible SSL problem) or with GMAIL...I get the following message from Google when I try to use it...Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxx from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.

Thoughts?

Bob
                      HS3 uses outdated versions of the SSL/TLS protocols. This has been reported for quite a while and there does not seem much interest on HST's part to get it resolved. You can go into your gmail settings and there's an option there somewhere to allow connections by less secure clients. This is a workaround at best, and I expect Google will remove this option sometime in the future.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

There is also a thread somewhere on how to update your SSL certs. . .which could be the problem if you are on one of the Linux platforms. I always seem to have trouble finding it. . .let me know if you don't find it and I'll check my thread history.

Comment

ZCombo E-Mail Notification

I was able to set Google to allow less secure apps to access my GMail and that did the trick. Getting e-mails for all alarm statuses now.

Thanks,
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
                            Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this importing this device in HS2. Reading this post it should not be an issue using the Z-troller serial. I have firmware version 1.17. It is adding the device to the Z-troller but when I try to import it I get.

Found node 48. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
                            Failed to get basic node information from new node 48, cannot continue to load this node.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                            Marcel
                            When I imported my devices from my Z-troller, I get a device named Sigma Sensor Alarm Node 8. Going into the properties of the device and try to rescan I get the following despite me hitting the test button.

Error: The device Node 8 Z-Wave Sigma Sensor Alarm Node 8 is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.

Any idea on how to best handle?
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              When I imported my devices from my Z-troller, I get a device named Sigma Sensor Alarm Node 8. Going into the properties of the device and try to rescan I get the following despite me hitting the test button.

Error: The device Node 8 Z-Wave Sigma Sensor Alarm Node 8 is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.

Any idea on how to best handle?
                              For the Z-Combo device I think you have to open and close the battery tray to wake it up for re-scanning - same as when you include it. And if I recall it doesn't stay in that mode for very long, so you may have to try more than once.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

I was wondering about this. However, I also run HS2 with these on the same box. So I'm slowly migrating and when I've had enough fun, I again bring back my HS2. If I do as you suggested, I wonder how this impacts HS2 since the Z-troller already knows about these devices ...
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X