Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having trouble with Windows 10 updates rebooting HS3 controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJS View Post
    Good tip, Randy. I have been looking for a way to disable W10 updates and it's not possible through the normal means. I'll see if this works.

- Robert
    It works for me with Windows 10 Pro, but Dennis said it does not with Windows 10 Home.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What I have done is to Change your Ethernet connection to a "metered connection" then you only get updates when you go and get them. Although I don't have a "Home" version to try it on.

Comment

Originally posted by sbwright View Post
        What I have done is to Change your Ethernet connection to a "metered connection" then you only get updates when you go and get them. Although I don't have a "Home" version to try it on.
        This works perfectly to stop the updates on the home version.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by sbwright View Post
          What I have done is to Change your Ethernet connection to a "metered connection" then you only get updates when you go and get them.
          This method works great and also solves another irritating issue: Windows updates while traveling. I have lost count as to how many times I am ready to leave the hotel in the morning and attempt to shut down my laptop but have to wait for Windows updates to be installed. Of course it takes a long time because hotel wifi is generally slowwwwwww. Meanwhile the rest of the guys are waiting for me in the car and are losing patience.
          So my solution now is to change the hotel wifi connection to metered after I connect to it. That's the only rub. You have to select this option for each wifi connection which you can't do before you travel unless your laptop has connected to that wifi in the past.

- Robert

Comment

I really need to buy a new laptop for work but I've been holding off because as a field service tech having to wait for a forced update while at a customer site during an emergency is unacceptable. Microsoft really needs to change this Behavior.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

It seems that Microsoft is turning into Apple. "You will do it our way and like it.".

- Robert

Comment

My Win 10 Home machine is still working as I want it to with the Win update service disabled.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                X