Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Echo Dot - can we tweak it ie dont confirm my commands

All:

This was easier to get up and running than I was expecting. So far I've been impressed but have a couple questions - there doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation in the Alexa app, so I'm hoping the forums can point the direction.

1. All my commands using the homeseer home automation skill she asks to confirm. Is there any way to disable this?

2. for the homeseer smart home skill, do I need to have voice command enabled for the devices to work? I've seen this mentioned - can anyone confirm?

3. Is there any way to change the attention phrase - I'd prefer Alexa tell Audrey to.... We still have ATT Audrey as the homeseer voice.

4. Does Alexa interface with any of the homeseer voice setup at all or is it totally independent?

5. Does hs.speak get routed through Alexa?

6. Is there some documentation around?

1.. go to tools -> setup -> voice tab and uncheck: Confirm voice commands containing "All"

2, I think yes, but I could be wrong. I can't test right now.

3. You can, but you have to create your own dev skill. There are instructions in a thread. I'll try and find them and report back when I'm at my computer.

4. Yes. It accepts any of the voice commands that homeseer does.

5. No. But you can connect it to your homeseer system via Bluetooth and I hear that kinda works well (but the voices are different obviously).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Use jon00's helper script - it makes using the echo infinitely better.

Comment

Originally posted by NJS1964 View Post
        Use jon00's helper script - it makes using the echo infinitely better.
        I second this ^^^

Also, here are my updated answers:

2). Yes. You ave to have "voice command" checked even for the "tell homeseer" skill.

3). Here is the url. If you are in the US, make sure to note where it says "check UK" as you'll want to keep it "US". Mine is called "The house" because it's easier to say "Alexa, tell the house to...."

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184368

Comment

Working...
        X