EtherRain Rain Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EtherRain Rain Sensor

Does MCSSPRINKLERS Pro read the rain sensor input on the EtherRain module? So if I wire my rain sensor in to an EtherRain will you know it's raining and act accordingly?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

I had considered this on the original interface, but elected to not collect the rain sensor status because this sensor is integrated into the etherrain module so that whenever the sensor is active no valve on that module can be turned on. I could collect it and made it available as a status device, but there is no mcsSprinklers logic that could make use of it. Do you have a use for such status?

Comment

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

There exists a rain today inhibit that is setup to use rainfall measurement. I can use this in a few ways with the EtherRain rain sensor information. I am thinking that the rain sensor being active for some user-specified continuous duration would constitute the same inhibit condition as rainfall from weather data exceeding a threshold. Would this work for you? Do you have other ideas that would better suit your need?

Comment

Michael I think that would work perfectly. Would you prioritise one data point over another to resolve conflicting data (weather data says no rain but sensor says rain, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking it was an OR condition on the inhibit which effectively means no priority

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X