Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Add on Spud! Now that I have only a 55 Hour work week average now, I can play some more....

Comment

Any update on Connect v2 / XBox One Kinect w/ PC kit

Is there any update on support of Connect v2 or Xbox One Kinect with PC adapter doohickey? Did I miss an update? Is it supported? Will it be Soon? Getting the itch to punch up the "Holy CRAP that's COOL" factor and this seemed like just the thing.
      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
        Is there any update on support of Connect v2 or Xbox One Kinect with PC adapter doohickey? Did I miss an update? Is it supported? Will it be Soon? Getting the itch to punch up the "Holy CRAP that's COOL" factor and this seemed like just the thing.
        Kinect 2 is not supported yet. Microsoft did not make it easy as the Kinect 2 needs a new SDK which is not backwards compatible with Kinect 1.
        Anyway I still plan to support it, but it won't be before at least July.

Comment

Kinect Pliugin integration with Google App API

Spud,

I am new to the home automation scene, and I just bought a S6Pro to use your plugin for the Kinect! Thanks for your work on the plugin.

It would be GREAT to have the kinect plugin pass a 'command' to the Google App, so we could 'ask' any question and have Google provide the answer.

https://cloud.google.com/appengine/downloads

Thanks for your hard work.
          Chris

Comment

Could we bubble Kinect VR events with low confidence?

Hi Spud,

So the built-in VR does the infernal "I don't understand" message when it can't resolve a VR statement.

When I talk to the computer, I'd like it to let me know when VR failed... something like this:

If a phrase was spoken and confidence is between .8 and .89, then speak/play sound.

How possible is this? I don't necessarily need to know WHAT was spoken; i.e., the possible phrase, although that might be cool, just that SOMETHING was registered as CLOSE, but no cigar.

Whacha think?

Thanks!!

hjk
            ---

Comment

Spud can u add action in events to tilt the kinect. As you told me in another post. Thk you
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
                Hi Spud,

So the built-in VR does the infernal "I don't understand" message when it can't resolve a VR statement.

When I talk to the computer, I'd like it to let me know when VR failed... something like this:

If a phrase was spoken and confidence is between .8 and .89, then speak/play sound.

How possible is this? I don't necessarily need to know WHAT was spoken; i.e., the possible phrase, although that might be cool, just that SOMETHING was registered as CLOSE, but no cigar.

Whacha think?

Thanks!!

hjk
                ---
                that's a good idea, I might be able to do it and have the plugin asked you "Did you say <the phrase the plugin understood>?" and then you would have to answer with Yes or No to trigger or not the event.

I was also planning to add a way to force a confirmation before the plugin trigger the event, that would be used for critical actions that you absolutely don't want to be triggered by false positive.

For both these features I need first to add the possibility to associate the kinect instance with one or more speakers, so that the plugin knows where to send TTS when it has to ask for a confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  Spud can u add action in events to tilt the kinect. As you told me in another post. Thk you
                  will do

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I was also planning to add a way to force a confirmation before the plugin trigger the event, that would be used for critical actions that you absolutely don't want to be triggered by false positive.
                    This is a good idea. But to have this optional for the user to add to certain events.
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      that's a good idea, I might be able to do it and have the plugin asked you "Did you say <the phrase the plugin understood>?" and then you would have to answer with Yes or No to trigger or not the event.
                      For me, I'd simply like to have a catch-all trigger that something was spoken, but had a sub-90% confidence (but greater than... something configurable? Like a trigger that says "If confidence is greater than __ but less than __ then...")?

Ideally, I'd like the flow to be like this:
                      1. Speak a phrase "[Attention word] action-phrase-here"
                      2. Phrase is recognized with 85% confidence
                      3. Event is triggered, because trigger has been set up to fire if confidence is between .8 and .9. Event plays a sound or speaks a phrase that indicates that the phrase wasn't recognized.
                      4. I can speak the phrase again. Ideally -- minus the [Attention word]??? Is that even possible?

The "are you sure" cycle sounds awesome too, but maybe you could also expose the lower-level functionality. And I don't know the rules/complexity of taking a repeat without the attention word.

Thanks!

hjk
                      ---

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        I added "Tilt Sensor Down" and "Tilt Sensor Up" actions in version 3.0.0.34
                        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...18#post1082218

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
                          For me, I'd simply like to have a catch-all trigger that something was spoken, but had a sub-90% confidence (but greater than... something configurable? Like a trigger that says "If confidence is greater than __ but less than __ then...")?

Ideally, I'd like the flow to be like this:
                          1. Speak a phrase "[Attention word] action-phrase-here"
                          2. Phrase is recognized with 85% confidence
                          3. Event is triggered, because trigger has been set up to fire if confidence is between .8 and .9. Event plays a sound or speaks a phrase that indicates that the phrase wasn't recognized.
                          4. I can speak the phrase again. Ideally -- minus the [Attention word]??? Is that even possible?

The "are you sure" cycle sounds awesome too, but maybe you could also expose the lower-level functionality. And I don't know the rules/complexity of taking a repeat without the attention word.

Thanks!

hjk
                          ---
                          Just a bump for a feature to capture an event where something was spoken, but it was less than our confidence level, and greater than confidence level 'x'. Nothing fancy like auto-asking for yes/no/confirm.. I'd just like to know if my confidence level was say greater than .6, but less than .8.

And if there was some way to know what phrase we THOUGHT was spoken, perhaps in a global variable.

Thanks spud, I'm a loyal fan

hjk
                          ---

Comment

Been a while since any updates have happened, like 4 or 5 months - can we get any idea of what's in the pipeline?

With the latest HS updates, it appears that if a remote instance is not up, it can cause a long delay for HS to load the plugins. Is that something that can be mitigated?

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                              Been a while since any updates have happened, like 4 or 5 months - can we get any idea of what's in the pipeline?
                              I have just posted version 3.0.0.36 in the Beta testing thread
                              You can now associate a speaker client with a Kinect instance, and you can choose a wav file to play when a device command is recognized

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakerclientconfig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1180688

I have also worked on global triggers (i.e. kinect triggers that work for all instances), unfortunately there is a problem in the HS API that prevent this from working, basically a plugin instance cannot fire a trigger that it doesn't own. I have contacted Rich about this but no answer so far.

Next I think I will implement the possibility to enforce confirmation:
                              You: "Kinect, arm the security system"
                              Kinect: "Are you sure you want to arm the security system?"
                              You: "Yes"

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                              With the latest HS updates, it appears that if a remote instance is not up, it can cause a long delay for HS to load the plugins. Is that something that can be mitigated?
                              I don't understand, can you elaborate?

Comment

Any way to put the camera image as the device image so that I can see it from decide management and maybe have other ways to work with it in hstouch?

Comment

Working...
                                X