Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get TTS to work on Linux unit like SEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get TTS to work on Linux unit like SEL?

Unfortunately I have yet to get the built in TTS to tablets to work. It works to the speaker connected directly to the unit. Tried the SONOS PI, music controls work great, TTS, log seems to look good but again no sound coming out. I am convinced something is wrong with these linux units.

I can't even SSH into it, all passwords and logins I have tried are not accepted.

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
    Unfortunately I have yet to get the built in TTS to tablets to work. It works to the speaker connected directly to the unit. Tried the SONOS PI, music controls work great, TTS, log seems to look good but again no sound coming out. I am convinced something is wrong with these linux units.

I can't even SSH into it, all passwords and logins I have tried are not accepted.
    What tablet are we talking about? I have the SEL but because I couldn't have root access to it, I ended up installing my own version of Ubuntu on it. I can confirm that I hear some sounds coming out of my WinCE Client, I can try with another client if you like. I have that little table top unit which is Android based or could do iPad. Any preference?

Dirk

Comment

I use android tablets but also tried to the iPAD and still no speak events would send TTS.

When I was looking through logs I started to wonder if the issue was the temporary creation of the wav file that it plays. If there is a rights issue, it cannot create the file. I could be way off but I saw somewhere the file being created with a zero size.

What's this root issue you were talking about?

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X