Device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device is not responding

Everything has been working fine with Echo until this morning. Now no matter which device I try the only thing I get is Echo saying "the device is not responding". ( she does repeat back the name of the device) Is there a reset or something I am missing?

Echo integration offline

Same here starting today. The Alexa app shows all devices that are connected via Homeseer as offline. The only device online is my Nest thermostat which is not connected through Homeseer.

Comment

Same issue here.

Greg

Comment

In the past this is what has happened when myHS was offline or down for maintenance but I just checked myhs.homeseer.com and it appears to be up.

Lots of moving parts in these kinds of solutions.

--Ken
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Same Issue

I am also having the same issue. Hopefully homeseer folks are monitoring th aboard and will have an answer or update.

Comment

Same issue here. Rebooted everything and no joy. Been using Alexa since we built the house about 12 months ago. Now I need to figure out where the light switches are!

I can't even find the instructions on the board for installing the connected home API. Vaguely remember something about it not being supported by Amazon at the time. Wounder if it "Expired"?!?

Comment

Device is not responding

All my devices show "Offline" as well. However, since I still have the HomeSeer Skill enabled, the phrase "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on xxx lamp" still works (mostly).

Comment

Working now

I disabled Homeseer in the Alexa app and then re-enabled which required me to re-enter MyHS credentials. At that time everything I was able to control the house however I had twice as many devices, half of which were still showing off line. I then forgot all devices in the Alexa app and re-discovered. All is good now.

Comment

Strange. I just got home and both skills are working fine for me. I wonder if it depends upon what Alexa server your Echo is connected to?

--Ken
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

It's been random here.

Comment

This morning no worky at 7am PST. Same thing at 4pm PST>

Comment

Originally posted by sredilla View Post
                        I disabled Homeseer in the Alexa app and then re-enabled which required me to re-enter MyHS credentials. At that time everything I was able to control the house however I had twice as many devices, half of which were still showing off line. I then forgot all devices in the Alexa app and re-discovered. All is good now.
                        This worked for me. I select the forget all devices, disabled the hs skill, re-enabled, then discovered. Everything is working again. Thanks

Comment

this happened to me a few times this week and I just opened up Alexa app on phone and view smart home devices then closed app then voice command to devices works again. this was the solution the three times it happened this week

Comment

I tried "Alexa, Tell Amazon your sh*t is broken" but it didn't help.

I do feel better though.

--Ken

Comment

myhomeer stopped workoing as well now

myhomeseer.com stopped working as well now, I assume the issues are related

Comment

Working...
                              X