No announcement yet.

Device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange, but both Alexa options and myhs are working for me currently.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by scbuzz View Post
      All my devices show "Offline" as well. However, since I still have the HomeSeer Skill enabled, the phrase "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on xxx lamp" still works (mostly).
      As per another post, I blew away the "offline" devices, disabled the HomeSeer Skill, reenabled it/reentered credentials and rediscovered the devices. And it's working as it was earlier today.
      It would be nice if there was some kind of explanation posted if any knows why this occurs.

Comment

Same for me. I hope we all don't have to delete and re-enable the skill ;(

Comment

Still Not Responding

As I said on the first post in this thread, Everything was working fine first thing yesterday morning and at noon not responding. The "Tell HomeSeer" skill still works.

If I tell Alexa to "turn on the Bedroom Light"
          She replies "the Device Bedroom Light is Not Responding"

None of my devices show as offline on the Alexa app they all are listed as "Connected via HomeSeer".

When I tried to forget get all devices, I received back, "There was an error forgetting your settings"

Anyone at HomeSeer have anything on this problem???

Comment

Still down for me today. as everyone else, disabled and re enabled the skills, echo can only find my phillips hue lights not the 36 other devices it used to have. any input form Rich and crew?

you don't realize how much you get used to voice control till its not there. Had to go looking for my TV remotes after nearly a year of never touching it
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Homeseer Skill not working

Yesterday Alexa stopped talking to Homeseer. I deleted all devices disabled then re-enabled the skill, logged into myhs, tried to discover devices and it's finding nothing.

The "Tell HomeSeer" skill is still working but is unaccepted to the wife.

Comment

Still not working now?

I ran a bunch of tests, checked the server, I don't see any issue, everything appears to be ok. Can you log into myhs.homeseer.com and access your system ok? This will insure that your system is connected to the service.

We did not make any changes, other than submit a new SmartHome skill to Amazon for the UK. That should not have affected the US though.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Got Alexa Working

First I Alexa's app forget all devices but when I went back to discover devices she couldn't find any.

Second I disabled the HomeSeer Skill in Aleaxa's app. When I tried to re-Install the HomeSeer skill it took 3 attempts before it would accept my user name and password and reinstall. Then I had her rediscover my devices which she now successfully did and everything is back to normal.

Weird

Comment

Nope still not working for me -

tried disabling the skill ten re enabling it , everytime i put in my user name and password for homeseer is says session expired.
                    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

+1 on this frustration. Alexa turned her back on us yesterday with all devices shown as connected via Homeseer. Local and remote access working fine. Alexa otherwise being cooperative. Had to forget devices and groups. Disable HS3 skill. Reconnected account in one shot but failed discovery twice; then my devices just showed up in the Alexa app so guessing 'failure' is a relative thing. I've rebuilt the groups, etc. and seems back to normal.

Doesn't sound like we'll get to the point of knowing the cause but since 'the fix' is hardly convenient with lots of devices, would be nice to have a clear understanding of the failure and guess I'll see if there's a way to backup groups via the API.

I did see further up the thread about the skill being submitted to UK, which may indeed be the issue depending upon how the data centers manage this level of skill/API integration. Or maybe it's simply all the Echos and Dots winging their way out of Amazon's provisioning farm that caused Alexa to feel a little overwhelmed... Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

So you are saying that you cannot enable the skill in the Alexa app?

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                        Nope still not working for me -

tried disabling the skill ten re enabling it , everytime i put in my user name and password for homeseer is says session expired.

Comment

I asked Amazon and they said submitting a skill should affect a live skill, so I am not sure what is going on. They asked that you contact Amazon so they can assist in debugging. Not sure how difficult that will be.

If you still cannot get it working, please post, and post the error message you are getting from Alexa.

Comment

I'd recommend going into Settings-->History on the Alexa App and see if there is anything interesting there. I had a problem about a week ago and the History showed the problem was clearly on the Amazon side. They were showing "Alexa. Text not available. Click to play recording." When I clicked on the recording I got "Alex<studder>" then nothing else.

Worth a shot and then a follow up with an email to Amazon support.

--Ken
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks Jim. This worked for me. I disabled Homeseer in the Alexa app and reinstalled it. My username and password were accepted on the first try, but Alexa could not discover any devices. I then used the app to forget all devices and asked Alexa to discover devices. All devices were found them.

chuck

Comment

Been down since yesterDay. Will try to disable and enable. Grown very dependent on Alexa!
                                HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Working...
                                X