This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
    I received 3 new motion sensors today and are in the process of setting the first one up.

So far so good. I got it to link with HS and the temperature works well in Celsius (thanks Mark).

I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know how often the temperature is updated and transmitted?
    2) For the re-transmits of the signals - I plugged the device into the power outlet - Do the re-transmits go via RF or via the power line? My guess is it is via RF as I don't see any real improvement with the PLC signals.

cheers
    Thanks for the feedback.

1. the temp is always updated during the heartbeat message; you can set this frequency. When powered by the USB, you can read the settings to get latest reading on demand.

2. this is an RF only device.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, how do you get the settings on demand when connected via USB?
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        Mark, how do you get the settings on demand when connected via USB?
        from the device edit page within the plugin, "Read Links and Settings"
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

ah I was thinking there was a way to call the settings from an event.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

i considered making the MS 'pollable' when connected to USB, but it requires a lot of back and forth in hs device settings. This may become a sync problem which will cause a lot of user issues.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

turns out the led is not dimmable so I will be removing the led brightness setting. if the led on/off isn't working, then I may remove that as well.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark I honestly think the guys who set up this firmware got a bit flipped and didn't catch it.

The LED Disable works on USB Powered Motion II's but switch it to battery and it does not. I can only guess that it was supposed to be the other way around.

If so there is nothing that you can do until a new firmware is released.

Comment

Got MS II replacement unit

I received my MS II replacement unit today. A few observations.

I now realize that a beep on an MS II is more of a whisper, high pitch and low volume, contrary to other Insteon beeping devices; I had to get the unit close to my ear (maybe it's time for a hearing loss check up?)

I used the 'replace this device' approach to link the new unit and keep my previous settings and I reread the links and settings. I noticed 2 things:
                  1. First, even though the plugin mentioned a bunch of links being created during the 'replace' procedure, I ended up with 0 links
                  2. The Temperature calibration value was now at +92 on USB power (was 0 with previous unit), but the actual temperature reading was smack on: can't figure that one out EDIT after re-reading the links and settings, it now shows 0

I noticed in the insteon.ini, in the EEValues entry, a parameter "PIRDelay=3". Although the communication for this unit is all on first hop, no retries, so presumably solid, I notice a 2-3 second delay between the blip on the unit and the message being logged by HS3.

So Mark, can you shed some light on this parameter and how we could tweak it?
                  Last edited by claude; May 2, 2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    claude,

the mode will change the function of the MS but I haven't tested to see if it actually does what it suppose to, and some of the "exotic" modes require additional settings that aren't implemented

I will include a pop help message in the next version that will outline each mode.

try night only if you are interested, but no guarantees if it doesn't work
                    Hi Mark,

Any time table for implementing/documenting the different modes available with the MS II? And for the logging of heartbeat values?

P.S. It seems that "Occupancy II" only sends 'On' messages; is this your understanding as well?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                      Hi Mark,

Any time table for implementing/documenting the different modes available with the MS II? And for the logging of heartbeat values?

P.S. It seems that "Occupancy II" only sends 'On' messages; is this your understanding as well?
                      i'll post an update tomorrow which will have the above features
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

posted 3.0.6.14 to the Updater in the Beta section
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

only see .13

Never mind. The list didn't update the first time. :/

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                            only see .13
                            hit update to refresh
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Many thanks for the work on .14

Observations/questions after .14; some of these points may be earlier than .14:

1. Heartbeat values are not logged (light level, temperature, battery level), although they do change the status of HS3 devices; just logging the raw hex data would be useful
                              2. Occupancy Sensor messages get logged but the status of that device in HS3 does not; the time stamp for me on the HS3 device management page is last evening; this coincides with a change of configuration where I set the mode to Occupancy II (under .13)
                              3. Occupancy II in my experience triggers only On messages and no Off. The info (?) for Mode says of Occupancy II that "Off is set on a different group": can you expand on that?
                              4. Dusk/dawn messages do not get logged, nor does the HS3 device get updated
                              5. Vacancy mode: is it correct to assume that links defined for that MS II will be ignored (MS II won't broadcast) ?
                              6. Security mode: isn't this the same as Occupancy II except subsequent motions don't trigger On messages?
                              7. Assuming any blink on the MS II is motion detection, not all of them trigger a message logged; can anybody else confirm this?
                              8. Noticed that PIRDelay parameter went from =3 to =0; can you expand on this parameter?

Note: all testing done on USB power.

insteon,ini for that device:
                              [Device 25]
                              DeviceID=41.5C.CC
                              DeviceName=MS2
                              DeviceLocation=[2:S. TV]
                              DeviceType=1016
                              FirmwareVer=46
                              DatabaseDelta=25
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              PollingInterval=0
                              Protocol=3
                              EEValues=Mode=16,PIRDelay=0,HeartbeatInterval=1,LowBatteryLe vel=133,TempCalibration=0,PowerSource=USB,OpFlags2=69,TempSc ale=C,LEDBrightness=0
                              LastContact=4/18/2017 3:24:41 PM
                              NumLinks=6
                              RecentDatabaseDelta=25
                              TotalInteractions=53
                              FailedInteractions=1
                              HopData=907,895,10,2
                              ChannelName1=MS2 Occupancy Sensor
                              ChannelName2=MS2 Dusk/Dawn Sensor
                              ChannelName3=MS2 Low Battery Warning
                              ChannelName4=MS2 Heartbeat
                              ChannelName5=MS2 Tamper Switch
                              ChannelName6=MS2 Battery Level
                              ChannelName7=MS2 Temperature
                              ChannelName8=MS2 Light Level
                              SyncLinkedDevices=0
                              Link 1=E2 01 1E 9E CF 00 00 01 1
                              Link 2=E2 02 1E 9E CF 00 00 02 2
                              Link 3=E2 03 1E 9E CF 00 00 03 3
                              Link 4=E2 04 1E 9E CF 00 00 04 4
                              Link 5=E2 10 1E 9E CF 00 00 10 5
                              Link 6=E2 0B 1E 9E CF 00 00 0B 6
                              Last edited by mnsandler; May 3, 2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Mark,

I'm getting inconsistent results from this MS II (41.5C.CC). As I've mentioned before, the MS II blinks on motion, but there is not always a corresponding log entry. So I ran a trace for a while of the XML responses from the hub.

I found that some of the motion blinks apparently do not generate a corresponding response when you poll the hub (no buffer referencing my MS II). But I also found some buffers referencing the MS II for which the plugin did not generate a log entry. Here's an example:
                                Time stamp : 00:00:46.587031
                                0250415CCC000001CF1101000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000
                                Time stamp : 00:00:47.590418
                                0250415CCC000001CF11010250415CCC000101CF11010250415CCC110001CF06000000000000000000000000000000000000
                                Time stamp : 00:00:48.591507
                                0250415CCC110001CB0600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000

Do you see anything out of the ordinary here? Driving me nuts!

P.S. I saved the entire WireShark trace if it's of any use.

Comment

Working...
                                X