No announcement yet.

Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the last 5 years in my Model S, I've gone 70,147 miles, consuming 6,001 kWh, which averages 333 Wh/mi. I've found that the Tesla figures show battery Wh and not the wall Wh - I add 20% for charging overhead. Your utility bill should show you your local cost per Wh so you can get the figures for cost/mi.

I figure I'm paying about 25% of the cost of gasoline. (Though I use solar and get the advantage of an EV electricity rate plan and only charge at off-peak rates).

Tesla has both 2-wheel drive & 4-wheel drive (D designation for Dual motors or 4-wheel drive).

The story I heard (again 5 years ago) from one of the T engineers who was testing the 4-wheel drive car was that while testing up in the Northern states the T engineering asked the Controls vendor why he wasn't seeing any requests for reverse power from the anti-skid controller. That engineer said there was too much delay for the transmission, drivetrain, etc to give a good response. T engineer said he could give 100% reverse power as fast as forward power (i.e. instantaneous). Controls guy spent his nights rewriting the code to ask for 100% reverse. Tesla got what no other company had for 4wd. The 4wd model is more efficient than the 2wd model because the front & rear drivetrains use different gear ratios and the Tesla electronics decide the best one to use.
    Check out the teslamotorsclub forum for user experience in winter driving.

Also just got a Model 3 and it is more efficient than the S. Don't have a valid sample to say how much more efficient yet. The M3 4wd is due out late 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdl View Post
      Can you tell me more about the URL's you are using?

Im looking for a way for HomeSeer to confirm the Tesla charge cord is plugged in.

Thanks!
      If you use the ChargeState command, the Charging State field contains values of "Starting" "Charging" "Stopped", "Complete" indicating you are plugged in. It contains "Disconnected" if not plugged it.

Comment

Now I want one [emoji3] have my eyes on s3 model.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

For information, teslaSeer(tesla plugin) is now available for anyone interested

Comment

Originally posted by salvesen View Post
            For information, teslaSeer(tesla plugin) is now available for anyone interested
            Where? I can't find it in the list of plugins.

Comment

+1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

Where? I can't find it in the list of plugins.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...tors-api/page7

Comment

Working...
                X