Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your coolest, favorite, or most approved Home Automation event/rule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    I don't know if you have seen the DoorBird thread but I have written a plugin for that unit (the ring devices do not appear to have an API), it is a work in progress and will not have two way voice comms via HS (the app is for that) but you can get notifications and download images from the unit.
    Yes, I looked at it. I am considering the device, but it is large, industrial looking and seems a lot more expensive than the others.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Location based automation is also promising. HomeSeer knows where each of us is
      How did you accomplish this. This is one the items on my to-do list.

Comment

Yes, I looked at it. I am considering the device, but it is large, industrial looking and seems a lot more expensive than the others.
        Can't disagree with you on any of those points at all and it is growing on me in terms of looks but no doubt most people would look at it and think WTF is this attached to the side of my house. Pity because it could look good!

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post

Take a look at phlocation plugin. Tandy can chime in more because he has taken it to the next level in a lot of ways. I am using the plugin with my iPhone's and doing basic checks on things for AC and locks based off location. I have the system polling phone location every 10 minutes or forcing a poll on the phones when the garage door is opened to speed up the check of us being home and running events.

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
            The highest WAF i got is a virtual device called 'migraine switch'
            If that one is activated by voice or any other way then there will be no audio throughout the whole house, no doorbell, no phone ringing, nothing. When friends do call by phone they get a friendly answer that my wife has migraine. Anyone else calling is directed to a voice box.
            That would be useful for me!

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
              Like Wayne said, I use PHLocation. In my case it is with iOS support for location (position) and GeoFency for fence/iBeacon support.

For Android, there is Backitude for location and EGIGeozone for fencing. There is beta support for location data through EGIGeozone and Paul has been working on his own app for location/fencing for Android, but the last I heard was Android 6 has huge location services problems. I do not know if the Android applications support iBeacons.

I am not an Apple fanboy and Apple location services have their share of problems. That said, I have been completely satisfied with the GeoFency/native iOS pair. With the two services working together it is very reliable, has modest impact on the battery life and provides a world of data.

I have been wanting to put together a post describing what all I do with the two services together, but haven't had the time. Leveraging the symbiosis between the two services and adding iBeacon support is where you get the real power.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Love Android?
                Then the this one :http://store.homeseer.com/store/Task...HS3-P2081.aspx rules them all

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Like Wayne said, I use PHLocation. In my case it is with iOS support for location (position) and GeoFency for fence/iBeacon support.

For Android, there is Backitude for location and EGIGeozone for fencing. There is beta support for location data through EGIGeozone and Paul has been working on his own app for location/fencing for Android, but the last I heard was Android 6 has huge location services problems. I do not know if the Android applications support iBeacons.

I am not an Apple fanboy and Apple location services have their share of problems. That said, I have been completely satisfied with the GeoFency/native iOS pair. With the two services working together it is very reliable, has modest impact on the battery life and provides a world of data.

I have been wanting to put together a post describing what all I do with the two services together, but haven't had the time. Leveraging the symbiosis between the two services and adding iBeacon support is where you get the real power.
                  Thanks. I have downloaded the plugin and will start playing with this week.

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidDev01 View Post
                    Have you ever tried a Aeon Labs ZW078-A? It appears to be designed for this task specifically.
                    Is it possible to get or calculate a power used today from the Aeon Labs ZW078 ? Like I can from a RFXcom Owl electricity sensor for example ? I am using a Owl sensor to measure power going into my immersion, and a RFXcom virtual device to add up power used today, but its so inaccurate. I guess that the diameter of the wires is to thin

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                      Is it possible to get or calculate a power used today from the Aeon Labs ZW078 ? Like I can from a RFXcom Owl electricity sensor for example ? I am using a Owl sensor to measure power going into my immersion, and a RFXcom virtual device to add up power used today, but its so inaccurate. I guess that the diameter of the wires is to thin

Sure. I might take some virtual devices to hold data and a script to do the math, but totally doable.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        I also have an issue with the dogs and the doorbell. I use an ardiuno tied to the door bell that controls a relay. We can control if the doorbell rings or not. Either way I also I have it set to send a text to the wife and I if someone presses the button. Really nice if we are in the back yard and expecting guest.

I have some of the lights around the house tied to the weather to turn on if the clouds start rolling in. I have found this to work better than trying to use a light sensor for my needs. I also have house modes for schedules, but this allows the lights to come on earlier on days it's raining.
                        Both of these sound quite interesting. I use a "turn on lights x before sunset" event, but as you've mentioned, I'd like to have some ability to generate it when clouds dark us up early. Any further detail on how you've implemented this?

Also, what's a good way to detect a doorbell has rung? I don't care about shutting it off, but detecting it so I can send a Pushover alert or speak via Homeseer speaker / Sonos would have good usefulness.

Comment

My current favourite that goes down well is that my alarm clock is pulled from a calendar on a Google Calendar. It then sets the Sonos speakers to an alarm if the alarm goes off, that is fairly standard stuff.

At the same time the alarm hits the location of my place of work hits the Bing Maps API, it then pulls off a route and a time for this route. If it is over a specified amount of time (35 mins) then I light up a hidden LED red that I will see when I wake up and that gives me a tell tale sign to pick another route or spend less time in the shower.

I could reverse the two and set the wake up on the back of the commute time but not sure I trust my VB that much!

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
                            Both of these sound quite interesting. I use a "turn on lights x before sunset" event, but as you've mentioned, I'd like to have some ability to generate it when clouds dark us up early. Any further detail on how you've implemented this?

Also, what's a good way to detect a doorbell has rung? I don't care about shutting it off, but detecting it so I can send a Pushover alert or speak via Homeseer speaker / Sonos would have good usefulness.
                            For the weather, I use weatherxml plugin and just look at the condition. I have different conditions to trigger different "house modes" Light weather is just partly cloudy and turns on the under cabinet lights in the kitchen. Heavy weather is mostly cloudy and rain and that turns on some extra lights in the living room. I also add in delays of how long things need to be at a certain condition before changing back to normal, meaning if I went to heavy weather, I wait an hour after conditions changed to change back to a day condition. I do this to keep the lights from just turning on and off because the condition changes so quickly sometimes.

As far as the doorbell, I wrote up what I did at this link:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178869
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some of my (and wife's) favorites are:

1. Automatic Dog Bowl Fill - I use a sprinkler valve controlled by HS to push water through for 15 seconds 4 times per day. Only have to clean bowl every few weeks.

2. Automatic Pool Fill - Another Sprinkler valve triggers based on Z-wave water sensor. Keeps water at correct level even though original pool system did not include an automatic fill.

3. Close Secret Bookcase door to Home Theater Room and automatically close drapes whenever alarm is set. This means anyone outside cannot see inside and cannot even get into Home Theater Room even if they get inside unless they know how.

4. Brighten front porch light if someone steps onto porch - Simple motion sensor and event to provide additional lighting to identify people at night or to provide better visibility for us to unlock the door when we return to the house.

5. Automatic Hallway Light Following - Motion sensor triggers events to turn on hallway and certain other common area lights.

Now I have to go investigate some of you guys other ideas!

Regards,
                              Vector

Comment

I keep the lights outside dimmed as well unless the garage door is opened, then the house goes into full bright mode outside for 15 minutes after the door has been closed. I travel a lot and make sure the wife doesn't walk into a dark area when going into the house.

Most of my lighting is done on a schedule even if we are not home. Mainly because the wife thinks the dogs need light in the evenings... Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X