FortrezZ MIMO2+Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FortrezZ MIMO2+Problems?

Has anyone been able to successfully join a FortrezZ MIMO2+ device to HS3? I bought a couple and they arrived in the mail today. When I joined them to the network they both did the following:

Neither of the two inputs showed up or work. There's a 'General Purpose' device that doesn't seem to do anything. The screenshot attached shows what showed up. The log file below shows the joining process. You'll notice there's a point in there where it says 4 out of 5 child devices were created successfully. The last things in the log are when I shorted the inputs to trigger them. They both failed.

Are these devices not fully supported by HS3? Anything I can do to make them work?

Eric

Jan-02 3:53:11 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:53:08 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:52:29 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:52:22 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:52:19 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:52:16 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:52:08 PM Z-Wave Error Set New Level for CC BASIC error - failed test for (No Parent) / Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor, CCType=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    Jan-02 3:51:39 PM Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Back Door Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
    Jan-02 3:50:54 PM Z-Wave 4 out of 5 Child devices of node 11 were created successfully.
    Jan-02 3:50:52 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor
    Jan-02 3:50:52 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor
    Jan-02 3:50:51 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor (Node 11, Group 3, Endpoint 3) to HomeSeer
    Jan-02 3:50:50 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor
    Jan-02 3:50:49 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor (Node 11, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
    Jan-02 3:50:48 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor
    Jan-02 3:50:48 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor (Node 11, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
    Jan-02 3:50:48 PM Z-Wave Root Node Device Node 11 Z-Wave FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor was created for node 11 on network CA949194
    Jan-02 3:50:47 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SWITCH_BINARY, Endpoint 4
    Jan-02 3:50:47 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SWITCH_BINARY, Endpoint 3
    Jan-02 3:50:47 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 2
    Jan-02 3:50:46 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 11 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 1
    Jan-02 3:49:44 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information For Group 3 retrieved successfully from Node 11 Group Name=SIG2 Trigger, Profile Is General:Not Specific And the group hosts 1 Event commands.
    Jan-02 3:49:43 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (3 groups) from Node 11...
    Jan-02 3:49:42 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 11 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3.
    Jan-02 3:49:42 PM Z-Wave Node 11 Association Group 3 can have 2 associations, and currently has 0
    Jan-02 3:49:42 PM Z-Wave Node 11 Association Group 2 can have 2 associations, and currently has 0
    Jan-02 3:49:42 PM Z-Wave Node 11 Association Group 1 can have 2 associations, and currently has 0
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 11
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Node 11 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Node 11 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.34 App: 2.7
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Node: 11 Supports Secure Class(es): ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, POWERLEVEL, BASIC, NOTIFICATION_V3, SWITCH_BINARY, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, CONFIGURATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Node: 11 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, NOTIFICATION_V3, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_BINARY, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, CONFIGURATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, SECURITY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3
    Jan-02 3:49:41 PM Z-Wave Received information on 10 secure command classes from node 11
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 11
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 11, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Security device (Node 11) is verified as operating securely in this network.
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 11
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 11, ID: 132=84H (FortrezZ), Type: 1123=463H, ID: 519=207H
    Jan-02 3:49:40 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Jan-02 3:49:39 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 11 Added.
    Attached Files

I enrolled 16 of them the other day. AFTER calling the factory in Michigan all went really smooth.
    They can be enrolled as secure or non secure, if you need encryption, make sure the enrolling is done in close proximity to the znet, as there is a lot of data to communicate. I enrolled mine as non secure and it went really quickly. I still had them side by side on a work table with the znet they were going to belong to.
    All I needed was the two dry contact relays but it also had the other child devices for inputs and power.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I've tried including secure and non-secure with the controller literally less than a foot away from the MIMO2+. Still no joy. I've rescanned multiple times and removed and rejoined a couple times. No change. :-( What did you do different after you called the manufacture that made it work for you? I have plans to use both the inputs and outputs (garage door control) so I am hoping to get this to work.

Eric

Comment

I was getting incomplete enrollment due to the secure communication. As soon as I switched to nonsecure, they all enrolled. I did have one out of 16 that must have had a bad radio, it would never complete the communication, sent it back and the replacement worked great. Ate you running the latest version of zwave plugin 3.0.1.97, my znets are running .21
        Blair

Comment

What Z-Wave controller are you using?

While I don't have the MIMO2+, I think (??) that they may require a Z-Wave plus interface (so not a regular Z-Stick).

FWIW, you can duplicate the functionality by getting two MIMO Lites. They've been rock solid for me. At our old house, I used it exactly as you're planning, for a garage door. The input was connected to a reed sensor, and the output/relay was connected to the garage door motor to mimic the press of the garage door opener.

Comment

I've had one for a few months, and it originally paired first time 20+ feet from the controller and has been rock solid, controlling both garage doors. About a week ago it stopped responding to device open / close, but would respond to polling etc. I unpaired successfully and now when trying to pair with it 2 feet from a ZNET interface. Server is running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux). Pairing logs are as follows...

Add Node started...
            Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
            A new node is being added...
            Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
            DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
            Done. Node 68 Added.
            Reloading (importing) node information...
            Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
            Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
            Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 68, ID: 132=84H (FortrezZ), Type: 1123=463H, ID: 519=207H
            Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 68
            Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 68, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
            Getting SECURITY class information for node 68
            Node: 68 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, NOTIFICATION_V4, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_BINARY_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V4, CONFIGURATION_V3, MULTI_INSTANCE, SECURITY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V4
            Node: 68 Supports Secure Class(es): ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3, POWERLEVEL, BASIC, NOTIFICATION_V4, SWITCH_BINARY_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V4, CONFIGURATION_V3, MULTI_INSTANCE, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V4
            Node 68 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.34 App: 2.7
            Node 68 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
            All associations for node 68 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3.
            Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (3 groups) from Node 68...
            Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information For Group 3 retrieved successfully from Node 68 Group Name=SIG2 Trigger, Profile Is General:Not Specific And the group hosts 1 Event commands.
            Warning: Device synchronization/creation aborted by timeout or by the user.
            Finished.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              While I don't have the MIMO2+, I think (??) that they may require a Z-Wave plus interface (so not a regular Z-Stick).
              It's backwards compatible.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I made a little headway late last night but it's not completely working yet. Blair, I was formally using the latest official release of z-wave interface, I don't remember the exact version from memory but it was 3.0.1.80-something. 3.0.1.97 is beta but I noticed in the release notes that somewhere between the last official release and the .97 release they added support for the MIMO2+. I thought that was going to be the fix, and it certainly helped, but I'm not quite there yet. Now, at least input 1 works and reports to the 'General Purpose' child device. Input 2 still doesn't seem to do anything except that is shows up on the log that the main 'Parent' device switches between on and off as I short the input. Each time I try to rescan or even if I remove and rejoin the device to the network, it only installs 4 of the 5 child devices. I assume the 5th child device is the one I need for that second input.

I am using a z-wave plus interface. I realize I can use MIMOLite in place of it, but I would need 4 to do what this should be able to do. I plan to control two garage doors and use the two inputs for two separate door open sensors. There has to be something I'm missing in the setup...

Eric

Comment

After upgrading the ZNET to 1.0.22, doing a full rescan with the Fortrezz on top of the ZNET, the child devices have been created and things seem to be working fine now. Good luck to Eric to achieving similar results. Thanks to Blair for the input.

DaveM.

Comment

Also for additional information, goto the Fortrezz website and download the technical notes for the Mimo2+.
                    There is a lot more info there on using the inputs and calibrating them, Also how to adjust the momentary latch time.
                    Fortrezz tech support guy told me they had worked with homeseer, and spoke about changes that were going to be made to support the 2+

MIMO2+,'Multiple'Input'–'Multiple'Output'Module'Technical'Ap pendix'
                    Last edited by BlairG; January 4, 2017, 05:47 PM.
                    Blair

Comment

Update....

I reached out to Fortrezz support and I finally got a reply tonight. I explained in detail the problem and sent them a copy of the log file generated. The response I got is below. It appears that HomeSeer doesn't have it working fully. I'll be reaching out to HomeSeer for support and if that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll be sending the units back.

Eric,

Thanks for the detailed info. Unfortunately, i'm not sure there's anything we can do to help with this issue. We've actually experienced the same result in our testing. For some reason, Homeseer is not handing all the endpoints correctly. It wan'ts to make them identical, and it is causing issues. This is a problem that Homeseer needs to fix on their end. The only other alternative is if we or someone else builds a custom plug-in. Have you tried asking Homeseer tech support yet?

Steve
                      FortrezZ, LLC.
                      www.fortrezz.com

Comment

Sorry for all the trouble your having, All I needed was the two dry contacts for the units we installed. Looks like HS is on the hook to get them to enroll properly for you.
                        Blair

Comment

I am having the same issue. Only one of the two sensors is enrolling. Running the latest beta which according to the plug-in release notes should have fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cfdff86 View Post
                            I am having the same issue. Only one of the two sensors is enrolling. Running the latest beta which according to the plug-in release notes should have fixed the problem.
                            I unfortunately gave up on the two I had and sent them back for a full refund. I sent emails back and forth with both Fortrezz and Homeseer support and they were both kind of pointing fingers at each other. I wanted to use zwave but I had a couple old Insteon I/O Link devices that did what I needed. I hope that the two of them sort out the problem and get it working because I think the MIMO2+ has a lot of potential uses. Good luck, let me know if you get it working, I would consider reordering them.

Comment

I had ordered the Mimo2 to be able to sense when my 20 year old analog doorbell was pressed by connecting it to an Elk 930 doorbell connector. I included the Mimo2 in secure and insecure mode several times but I always got only 4 out of 5 child devices added. The Sensor Binary device would never be added.
                              I called HS support and was told that they have not been able to implement the Mimo2 in the current Zwave plugin versions 124 and 128 (beta) and so it is not supported.
                              The Mimolite is supported and I have ordered one.

Comment

Working...
                              X