Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Same here. I have only the V3 skill enabled and linked. MyHS is connected to my system. I only have a handful of devices voice enabled, the same devices that were working under V2. They are set for all users and have the proper control use set. 3 dimmers, 2 switches, 2 thermostats and 2 locks. I deleted all of the devices under V2, before enabling V3. None of the devices are discovered either manually or automatically over 2 days.
    It seems to be working for most, there are a handful of us who can not get any devices discovered in v3. In my case, I suspect (and my be way off) it is because the primary license in my homeseer points to a defunct zee and my current zee2 is a secondary license. I have had issues with this before, but v2 worked for me using a second login (I subscribe to the multiuser/multilicense myhs).

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
      Could you please create a real documentation page. with detailed explanations.
      The link that is referred in the top is not a documentation.

I have read ALOT on the forum and see many people are confused about what to call their devices (My self included).

When i location 1 and 2 used.

Just a quick example.
      I only use location 1.
      I have a light called 'table light' and this has location 1 as 'Bedroom'
      Then is should be able to turn this on by saying 'Alexa, turn on bedroom table light'. But that device is not found.
      I have to rename my light to 'Bedroom Table Light' and still have location 1 as 'Bedroom'.
      The problem with this is, i cannot 'lock' a Echo Dot, to the bedroom and when talking to the bedroom echo, just say 'Alexa, turn on table light'.

Why shall i tell the name of the room if Alexa is in the bedroom. I have table lights in almost every room.

I know that Alexa in a group can turn on all lights in that group, by saying 'Alexa, turn on lights'. But i dont want that.

i also dont know how to turn a Hue light red or any color, because there is no documentation about what the phrases is for that.

Do i make sence.
      i have just started with Alexa and love the idea of her controlling stuff.
      For you table light just shange your voice command to bedroom table light.

What you should be able to do is create a bedrom group with your table light and the bedroom dot called bedroom - and say turn on the bedroom lights from any device or lights on from your bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
        Could you please create a real documentation page. with detailed explanations.
        The link that is referred in the top is not a documentation.
        That link says to enable the "HomeSeer" skill - do not do that - enable the "HomeSeer SmartHome Skill" - it definitely needs updating.

Same here. I have only the V3 skill enabled and linked. MyHS is connected to my system. I only have a handful of devices voice enabled, the same devices that were working under V2. They are set for all users and have the proper control use set. 3 dimmers, 2 switches, 2 thermostats and 2 locks. I deleted all of the devices under V2, before enabling V3. None of the devices are discovered either manually or automatically over 2 days.
        I'm in the same boat as Randy. I "forgot" all devices, enabled the HomeSeer SmartHome Skill and no dice - it wont find any devices.

email set to support.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

We are seeing an issue with the Nest thermostat, do you have one of those installed?

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            We are seeing an issue with the Nest thermostat, do you have one of those installed?
            No, the thermostats are Go Control Z-Wave. I have 8, but only 2 are configured for voice control. The enabled switches and dimmers are HomeSeer, one device is virtual (on-off) and the locks are Schlage. The only other skill I have enabled is Sonos, which is working.

The only reason I have enabled a very small subset of devices is for testing purposes. Obviously unless/until they are discovered I cannot start configuring rooms or groups. My initial testing with V2 resulted in detected and controllable devices, but it was too limited.

This is not a technology we are reliant on, so I can test whatever is needed.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Deleted old skill, deleted all devices in Amazon,installed new skill and rediscovered all devices in Amazon. No need for a Homeseer restart. everything working fine.

Comment

It still isn't clear to me if this will work with .318. When I tried it last evening, I too did not see any discovered devices. I saw some which were offline.

Can someone add to this?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  It still isn't clear to me if this will work with .318. When I tried it last evening, I too did not see any discovered devices. I saw some which were offline.

Can someone add to this?

Robert
                  Quote from install instructions

The new version 3 API adds some new features. To take advantage of all of the new features, HS3 version 3.0.0.398 or later is required.

Looks like it won't work with .318

Comment

Can you email me your HS hsd data file, we can then load it and see which device is causing the issue.

No, the thermostats are Go Control Z-Wave. I have 8, but only 2 are configured for voice control. The enabled switches and dimmers are HomeSeer, one device is virtual (on-off) and the locks are Schlage. The only other skill I have enabled is Sonos, which is working.

The only reason I have enabled a very small subset of devices is for testing purposes. Obviously unless/until they are discovered I cannot start configuring rooms or groups. My initial testing with V2 resulted in detected and controllable devices, but it was too limited.

This is not a technology we are reliant on, so I can test whatever is needed.

Comment

Can you email me your HS hsd data file, we can then load it and see which device is causing the issue.
                      Yes. Give me 30 minutes.

EDIT: Email sent.
                      Last edited by randy; January 22, 2018, 02:20 PM.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Just a heads up...

I did not have any devices imported. So all of this worked the first time. I did not check how many devices I had set to "Enable Voice Command", so it important more than I really wanted.

I would suggest that you start with a small set of devices to import to Alexa (selecting in HomeSeer to "Enable Voice Command". It really is a pain per Amazon's design to remove unwanted devices.

You will need to manually select each device singularly and send it to the trash to delete.

Argh!
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I also dont discover devices with the new skill ,

I am on 398, devices are discovered with the old skill without issues.

Bart
                          Regards Bart
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                          HSPRO 3.
                          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I'm on .383 and the old skill was working fine...
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Note that the new skill is server based, so you won't see the discovery message in the HS log. Make sure the original skill is disabled. If no devices are found, send a message to support@homeseer.com with your MyHS login ID so we can investigate.
                              Done thanks however I just checked (after I sent the email! #16583) and it looks as if the devices have been discovered at some point during the day.

I'm not sure what is up as whilst the devices are there now they are quite delayed (couple of seconds) and they also frequently say on the top 'Server is unresponsive'. I've noticed that the status of these devices is not reflected on the app if the status of a device in HS changes however don't know if that is by design or not.

Comment

We are adding some fixes on the server, so yes, at some point if we fix your issue, your devices will just show up. Amazon runs a discover about once an hour on every system.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                Done thanks however I just checked (after I sent the email! #16583) and it looks as if the devices have been discovered at some point during the day.

I'm not sure what is up as whilst the devices are there now they are quite delayed (couple of seconds) and they also frequently say on the top 'Server is unresponsive'. I've noticed that the status of these devices is not reflected on the app if the status of a device in HS changes however don't know if that is by design or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X