Individual keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual keys

I'm new to homeseer and just trying to figure out this plugin. I got it working and am abale to arm/disarm my alarm.
    However I would like to have control of individual keys. Basically I want a keypad. I can build on in HS3 Designer, but I don't see any way to link the button presses to the numeric keys. All I am seeing are functions suchs as arm away, arm stay, disarm, etc.

Any way to control individual keys?

Welcome.

I haven't done this, but you should be able to use the Send Command event action to send individual numbers
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Welcome.

I haven't done this, but you should be able to use the Send Command event action to send individual numbers
      THanks,
      I will give it a shot.

Comment

Ok, only thing I see here that looks close is: "Run a Script or Script Command".

When I select that, it asks me for:
        Sub or Function
        and
        Parameters.

I am a bit lost here. I thought I would see a place to choose the device, and then the individual keys.

Comment

maybe it would be easier to run an event (from within hstouch), and build an event in hs3 that is based on the action i mentioned above
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

george,

i'm not an hstouch expert but check out the pic below. it should get you pointed in the right direction. The HSTouch forum is probably a better place to get detailed help
              Attached Files
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Comment

right.

so create the individual hs events using the vista alarm action send command to send the keystrokes you need to send

using the script doesn't save you anything.

use the events, they are easier to build and maintain
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

They don’t have actions for the numerical keypad. That’s the problem.

Comment

can't you build an event like the pic below to send the 1 key

you will need other unique events to send the other individual keys

i don't know if there is a way to take the button from hstouch and use that as a parameter as input to an event or even a script
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Now I feel like an idiot. I didn't see the selection for "Vista Alarm Send Command".
                        It works.
                        Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                        X